90 - 99 fish - Cavefish or Rocktail?

Zebest605

Currently 89 fish, but i don't know if i should do cavefish from 90 - 99, or go on to rocktail.

Money

Money does not hugely concern, but i would like to make a fair bit.

I'm more concerned in the exp side of it.

Cavefish = 300xp p/hr

Rocktail = 380xp p/hr

Is this better than fly fishing in Shilo, or is Fly fishing better than the Living Rock Caverns?

42-45k xp/hr at rocktails, and yes rocktails are the best option from 90-99 by far. If you want speed then Barbarian fishing is your path, but at 55-60k xp you will make nothing in terms of gp. Fishing rocktails will net you 235-250k gp/hr depending on prices.

Low_C.png

Barbarian fishing is up to 70k/h if you drop correctly.

And up to a WHOLE 0gp/h! Which means that you can basicly just go with shrimps and you sure would make more bucks doing that than barb fishing.

Barbarian fishing is up to 70k/h if you drop correctly.

And up to a WHOLE 0gp/h! Which means that you can basicly just go with shrimps and you sure would make more bucks doing that than barb fishing.

10 hours of rocktails: 450k fishing xp, 3.5m gp

6.4 hours of barbarian fishing and 3.6 hours of making unf potions (example): 450k fishing xp, 7.2m go

The point is there are MUCH better ways to make money than fishing, so the main focus of fishing should be xp.

Is that 70k xp/hr figure using mousekeys? I haven't timed it that way yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PdxoZngz9E

I for one would rather fish than make unf pots but thats just me lol. I might try this method but I think I'd rather afk at rocktail than power drop fish.

Low_C.png

I would suggest Rocktails, but that's what I did.

It is barely lower than fly fishing, and quite a bit lower than barb fishing, but (even though Fishing is really bad cash) that extra gold adds up, plus Rocktails are amazingly easy to afk, unless you choose not to safespot.

Tainaith.png

*99 Cooking Achieved: 4th of July, 2009--99 Fishing Achieved: Christmas Day, 2009--99 Woodcutting Achieved: May 4th, 2010--99 Magic Achieved: September 11, 2010--99 Fletching Achieved: June 14th, 2012--2000 Total Achieved: July 2nd, 2012*

*1100 Dominion Bosses defeated*

Heroes of Newerth player -- IGN: SaveTehPanda

StarCraft 2 player -- IGN: plasmaJelly

You want decent money, faster exp. Your post says rocktails are more exp. I highly doubt sharks are a better alternative, and I can't think of any faster ways that net you any profit.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Monkfish aren't bad for experience either, I went from 90-99 in a week there. Not sure the xp/hr but it was good experience, fast and made money.....

That was back in the day so.....Rocktail sounds like a good choice for you.

The max xp you could get at monkfish in a week is 5.8m fishing 24 hours a day 7 days a week. That is with a average xp rate of 35k xp/hr which is hard to keep pace with. You sir are lying.

Low_C.png