Random event xp lamps

notasoupbowl

What is best to use them on?

I generally use on prayer or herblore, but was thinking maybe the time saved on some of the slower skills makes it more worth it..

Tui.png

I mainly do slayer and boss hunting, but I do want a decent overall level for quests and such.

If it helps, I make atleast 1m/h when raising money.

Also, once I get wgs done, I'll be using the lamps on whatever I use random event lamps on. (Unless I can't, due to <65.)

siggya.png

I always use mine on runecrafting. Its the slowest skill in the game, and one of my targets to eventually get 99 in. Prayer and herblore are both fast, albeit expensive, skills to level. Considering you can make 1m/hour, the time youll save not leveling rc, for example, might make it worth it. But then again, i dont get many randoms, so the exp wont really make much of a difference. Just use it on what you want leveled fastest, or hate leveling the most.

Geesch.png

Geesch.png

Most people are going to tell you herblore, dungeoneering or runecrafting. Using lamps on random skills holds no merit unless maxing means anything to you, you're working on a dungeoneering goal, or you're working on a quest requirement. I wouldn't use them on my lower skills just because a quest requirement in that skill could potentially come out. If any of the dungeoneering rewards look good to you, I'd use it on that. Otherwise dump them all into herblore.

yuki2d.png

Use them on something that is not buyable or just plain slow. Mining, Slayer, Farming or Agility. That's how you should go. Using them on RC is kind of counter productive because, though it is a minuscule amount of exp throughout the scheme of things you are losing out on profit. (Just through my eyes anyway)

Personally I go with Farming or Agility since I hate to farm and agility training gets tedious for me.

If you happen to enjoy all the above listed skills, then I would suggest going with a skill you dislike doing.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

I used to use mine on Thieving just cause it's not a skill I enjoy training... However I finally got 75 in it, so I've switched to summoning. :) I use them on summoning because of the charms, and the cost. Just use it on something you deem practical, or don't like to train.

Blakdragon39.png

Though prayer and herblore are the most expensive, summoning is also great because the higher level you can get without spending any charms the more you can get out of those charms.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Dungeoneering, Prayer, Herblore, Runecrafting, Mining, Farming, take you're pick!

Never Never Never Never Never Never Never EVER use xp lamps on dungeoneering.

Dungeoneering rewards work on a token system, using xp lamps means you xp but no tokens.

So don't do it. It's a waste.

(I suppose if you were 100xp away from using a new floor then maybe it would possible be ok, but still, you'd be better off prestiging and starting from 1)

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

I generally use on prayer or herblore, but was thinking maybe the time saved on some of the slower skills makes it more worth it..

Tui.png

I mainly do slayer and boss hunting, but I do want a decent overall level for quests and such.

Also, once I get wgs done, I'll be using the lamps on whatever I use random event lamps on. (Unless I can't, due to <65.)

Sorry for double post, but do you mind me asking what your money making method is? Also, my advice would be to stick it all in pray, use the WGS reward to get it above 75, then use the BRD reward to get it to 78 (then the nomad reward to get it to 79!)

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

Tui.png

Sorry for double post, but do you mind me asking what your money making method is? Also, my advice would be to stick it all in pray, use the WGS reward to get it above 75, then use the BRD reward to get it to 78 (then the nomad reward to get it to 79!)

Using lamps on dungeoneering lets you access higher floors more quickly for increased exp.

yuki2d.png

If you need just a few xp points into Dung skill just use tokens.

Best would be runecrafting like for me, anyway xp isnt so hilarous and for get any lvl you need tons of those :) And depend from you what skills you enjoy and which ones are hardest for you to max.

Sufem.png

Dungeoneering, Prayer, Herblore, Runecrafting, Mining, Farming, take you're pick!

Never Never Never Never Never Never Never EVER use xp lamps on dungeoneering.

Dungeoneering rewards work on a token system, using xp lamps means you xp but no tokens.

So don't do it. It's a waste.

(I suppose if you were 100xp away from using a new floor then maybe it would possible be ok, but still, you'd be better off prestiging and starting from 1)

It really wouldn't matter, the amount of tokens you get at lower levels are extremely low, they would barely add up to anything. You get around 1300 tokens for levels 1 - 30, unless you're really trying to get one of the lower rewards (e.g gem bag) it is better to use xp lamps, as they give you access to higher floors, and therefore faster/better xp and more tokens.

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

Personally, I put them towards Construction and Summoning.

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

I use it on COnstruction when I'm not going for any specific levels just because it's my least favorite skill by far.

But right now for instance, I use it on Prayer to make up for any lost experience I get from an Unlit torch

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Tui.png

Mage - range killing of prime and rex.

And barrows (which is about 1m / h, dag kings a bit more I think.)

Occasional armadyl teams on rsof (which I heard someone say was 2m an hour, but it's kinda random...)

I make unf pots occasionally, but I often have to sit on them for a few days to actually have profited 1m+ / h.. and can usually only do for an hour as I generally spend my cash too fast.

And farming herbs (no mtk because I haven't done the quests.. which I should really get around to :(...

On a side note, I gotta pay 1k every time I go to dag kings...)

Thanks everyone on responses. I guess I'll stop thinking which is best and start thinking which I hate most :D

If I can't decide I'll just roll a die.

siggya.png