Dungeoneering Suggestions

Youmu

Profiled and support!

a better suggestion: remove this crappy [wagon] minigame

Removing it will increase the already large amount of rants and decrease the already decreased Jagex reputation.

The game has been crying out for randomly generated dungeons for years. It's a good skill, especially considering that we've got Batch 2 (remember Summoning?) coming up. It only reinforces Jagex's reputation of making some extremely complicated and advanced content from Java. It's mind boggling.

I don't mean making dungeoneering; I like it actually. I was talking to that idiot I quoted.

La Vallett1

A.k.a. "Nostalgic Vallett"

What's been said must be done.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Profiled and support!

Removing it will increase the already large amount of rants and decrease the already decreased Jagex reputation.

The game has been crying out for randomly generated dungeons for years. It's a good skill, especially considering that we've got Batch 2 (remember Summoning?) coming up. It only reinforces Jagex's reputation of making some extremely complicated and advanced content from Java. It's mind boggling.

I don't mean making dungeoneering; I like it actually. I was talking to that idiot I quoted.

Oh ok, I apologise.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Sonic, once again you show the rest of TIF why you're one of my favorite people. <3: This is an excellent suggestion thread, with reasonable and balanced solutions to a lot of problems. Having not trained Dungeoneering yet, I was not aware of a lot of these issues, but this one really jumped out at me:

Make Skillcapes Wearable in the Dungeons

Why would they make the Skillcapes unwearable? Especially the Dungeonerring cape. This makes no sense to me and I agree that this needs to be rectified. I'm not working my butt off to earn one, only to have it excluded from the new skill. This also means that anyone in F2P with one cannot train Dungeoneering without having to pay for membership again to put it back on. I really hope this wasn't done intentionally (*cough* Christmas '09 event *cough*).

Oh, one more thing:

What's done is done. Let's be solution oriented.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Thanks Kaida for your support! :D

And now I've updated again, this time it's having a musician be in the dungeons as well.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Thanks Kaida for your support! :D

And now I've updated again, this time it's having a musician be in the dungeons as well.

:thumbup: +Infinity. That is something I would like alot!

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

A few of my suggestions:

- Tell players the dungeon size and difficulty in party interfaces when players are in dungeon

- Allow players to view their dungeon ladders in the dungeon

- Keep Ring Interface open when teleporting home (always goes back to Quest List and then players have to click on ring to open interface; gets really annoying)

- Indicate where your gatestone is on the map

- Show the last group's names in prompt in-case you DC and you can't remember any of your group members' names; otherwise you can't rejoin your dungeon, lol

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

A few of my suggestions:

- Tell players the dungeon size and difficulty in party interfaces when players are in dungeon Agree.

- Allow players to view their dungeon ladders in the dungeon Dungeon ladders? Wut. :blink:

- Keep Ring Interface open when teleporting home (always goes back to Quest List and then players have to click on ring to open interface; gets really annoying) Actually, it should be that the quest interface during the dungeons should be default to the party interface. I doubt you would be questing while Dungeoneering anyway!

- Indicate where your gatestone is on the map Agree.

- Show the last group's names in prompt in-case you DC and you can't remember any of your group members' names; otherwise you can't rejoin your dungeon, lol Agree, but you can just add them to your friend list and turn private chat on.

Thank you for your ideas, I'll add those!

Also, there should be a cooking range, a farming patch, and a prayer altar added here. The exit ladder should be removed (just click "Leave Party"), and the items on the tables should be automatically allocated into your inventory. That way, the tables aren't necessary anymore.

Also, when you leave, the items will automatically be back in the smuggler's room so you don't run so far for your items.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Nay for fletch skill. Staff on mages is a nice idea. You have enough arrows/runes to play around with.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Nay for fletch skill. Staff on mages is a nice idea. You have enough arrows/runes to play around with.

Sure you can craft runes and buy arrows, but level 45 forgotten rangers don't appear very often. There is also no way to obtain staffs other than the unholy cursebearer and Comp 1, so it's only fair that free players get access to fletching so they can obtain these items.

That, or the shop should sell staffs up to spinebeam, and shortbows/longbows up to spinebeam. That way, it's fair for free players to freely create ranged/magic weapons whenever they want.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Sure you can craft runes and buy arrows, but level 45 forgotten rangers don't appear very often. There is also no way to obtain staffs other than the unholy cursebearer and Comp 1, so it's only fair that free players get access to fletching so they can obtain these items.

That, or the shop should sell staffs up to spinebeam, and shortbows/longbows up to spinebeam. That way, it's fair for free players to freely create ranged/magic weapons whenever they want.

Nah, you want to have the highest gear you can have. That is like members asking for primals to be sold in shops, players should not be able to get the best weapons in shops or on a whim. It is already extremely easy to finish the dungeons in f2p regardless of who you are or what you use. If you want to mage/range, then bind the thing, 125 ammo is enough to last that long. If you want to have the best gear of all three combat styles...then we have a problem.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Most of these suggestions are good, but the problems you've outlined aren't the largest problem with dungeoneering. The biggest problem is the rewards system. I don't play because If I want my arcane stream necklace I need to save all of my tokens until I hit level 70, leaving me NO rewards at all along the way. In order to get all the rewards I want, with the highest one being the stream necklace, I need to level to almost 91 dungeoneering, assuming I don't get jipped by rounded down token amounts AT ALL. That's about 5.3 million extra experience that I don't want or care to get. They have bogus requirements on most of the lower leveled rewards like lvl 21 dung on the bone crusher, but the minimum level it takes to afford any of the rewards is 53.

If they fixed the rewards system and nothing else I would start leveling it up.

If they fixed the rewards system and all the stuff you listed here I would probably play it exclusively for a long time.

Trolling by giving good advice since April 2011.

The Blog - Currently Cleaning Herbs

Bladewing.png

- Allow players to view their dungeon ladders in the dungeon Dungeon ladders? Wut. :blink:

This thing:

az4ll.png

You can't open it in dungeons which makes no sense at all; if you can't change it, at least you should be able to view it, right?

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

@ Jactise: Hmm, I guess you're correct in a way. I guess the token cost for the rewards would be equal to the level that is needed to obtain them.

@ Pinkbullet: Oh, I see what you mean. Ok, in that case then it should be fixed.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

• 2 weeks later...
That reminds me - you should not be kicked out of a dungeon if you die 15 times. The death count should be unlimited.

I don't think you get kicked out of a dungeon after 15 deaths. I tried to see how many deaths I could rack up and I noticed that the death count stopped at 15, but I died a 16th time and I was still in the dungeon.

Also, I'm not sure if this was mentioned before or not, but if you DC and try to get back into your group, you should be prompted a list of the members who were in the group.

Many a time I tried to get back into my group, only to either forget the specific spelling of their name or they have their Private turned on.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with almost all of your suggestions, but a few I have a problem with:

Arrows in Deamonheim Should Have Better Ranged Strength

Dungeoneering has been a bit of a testing ground as far as Jagex tweaking item stats to make the combat triangle more fair. If you notice that arrows in Dungeoneering seam to have a much lower ranged strength then above ground this is Jagex's fix to an imbalance in the combat triangle. This might even be a fix that Jagex might be interested in exploring outside of Deamonheim.

Cooking Range, Farming Patch, and Prayer Altar in Smuggler Room

Cooking Ranges and Payer Altars seam to be a bit of a rarity in dungeons, especially depending on the size. This is probably intentional (you can cook most food on plain old fires and a prayer altar isn't really necessary, making both of these luxuries) and adding these to the smuggler room would nullify that.

Why put tables when the stuff there can be allocated to your inventory?

When playing in groups the tables give everyone a chance to assess what they've been given and proportion it out based on everyone's chosen role. If the items were given to players directly things would have to be dropped or traded, chewing up time.

Due to this week's dungeoneering updates, some of the suggestions that I wrote may now be removed. :thumbsup:

@ Lordofrah:

About ranged, the highest tiered arrows (sagittarian) is very weak, capping at +45 I think. Probably hits 250-ish at most.

Melee, however, can hit upwards of 500 with the primal maul despite the slower speed, and magic is capable of dealing 300s too, with the catalytic staffs.

And with the construction update, I guess cooking ranges and prayer altars don't need to be put in the smuggling room. But a farming patch is still needed imo.

And I re-thought the table thing. I guess you're right - this IS more important in a group.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Nah, you want to have the highest gear you can have. That is like members asking for primals to be sold in shops, players should not be able to get the best weapons in shops or on a whim. It is already extremely easy to finish the dungeons in f2p regardless of who you are or what you use. If you want to mage/range, then bind the thing, 125 ammo is enough to last that long. If you want to have the best gear of all three combat styles...then we have a problem.

You can smith fractite, why not fletch spinebeam?

O.O

You can smith fractite, why not fletch spinebeam?

Because it is a member skill, hey you can smith rune but why can't you fletch willow bows? Because the skill is p2p.

Basically you are restricted to craft one side of the combat triangle, and restriction is name of the game for f2p. Beggers cannot be choosers.

11-1.jpg[

Nice thought out and nicely written, i agree with most of your points but all points are good ideas so i won't break them down.

The ones i especially like is the boss room warning, gatestone on map locator and less penalty on death, death shouldn't even result in exp loss, it's just nonsense.

jupjup.png[~Visit my Slayer Blog~]jup.png

rvedit2.png

Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.~unknown~

Because it is a member skill, hey you can smith rune but why can't you fletch willow bows? Because the skill is p2p.

Basically you are restricted to craft one side of the combat triangle, and restriction is name of the game for f2p. Beggers cannot be choosers.

It's still rather silly that we can make melee stuff, but not range/mage stuff. That's why I'm proposing Fletching to be F2P (about time!).

In fact, if it was, I wouldn't be banking my cut logs like mad, and there's one less thing that I have to do to "prepare" for members.

And I have been a member before, just so you know, so don't just call me a beggar. <_<

Yes F2P should have restrictions, but not to the point where no one can get staffs on their own. Dungeoneering is a team skill, and making good stuff for your team is one part of it (although it's minor).

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Oh yea, i get that its a members skill. But that being said, you SHOULD be able to smith the highest gear you can have, at least in f2p.

Plus, i am a member (well, was, not atm :D)

O.O

Can I suggest one thing?

An accolade system - a title system, for the titles you are rewarded with at the end. It would give players a drive to actually get titles and it's could be displayed both IRS and on your Adventurer's Log.

I posted it on RSOF but there's not many replies on it.

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

• 2 weeks later...