Not enough Fresh Blood?

warria07

Well this came into my head when I saw the "Council of Geilenor" join TWR and their low requirements to join the clan. Clans nowdays have really high requirements to allow members to be part of them, whether it may be having high combat level or experience in warring or having the gear. I know this is to make the clan stronger as a whole and you will be able to have a bigger fighting chance of beating the big boys out there. But could the reason of the clan world's activity plummeting be because clans are not wanting to have low levels joining them or having unexperienced members joining them. When I first joined a clan, I was like level 80 something and did not know anything at all. If I was in that position that i was back then and I wanted to a join a clan now it would be very diffucult or I wouldn't have a large choice of different clans.So is it about we introduce fresh blood into the clan world and stop restricting it to those who match the requirements set by clans today??

What are your thoughts on this?....

ranksf.png

"Don't judge me by your own standards, because you know nothing about me"

I think your argument holds a lot of substance, but I have a few points which show its weakness.

1) The "activity" of the clan world is not dropping at the moment. The number of fights remains constant and members are extremely active, but they are perhaps having to be 3-4x more active than would be expected a few years ago.

2) Requirements are extremely high in clans, but that certainly isn't the big problem. Gladz had requirements of 110F2P several years ago and maintained a huge memberlist. The problem lies in that people 1) aren't interested in clans because there is no incentive (i.e. drop loot when PK'ing), 2) clans have too high expectations of members and 3) fights last too long for new members to enjoy them.

It's still possible to gain plenty of recruits. If necessary, the RSB is filled with recruitment topics. We're simply not searching for members with the same resilience anymore. Places such as Tip.it are filled with users who are already in a clan or have chosen not to join one. The "silent majority" still exist, but they haven't been approached.

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

I think your argument holds a lot of substance, but I have a few points which show its weakness.

1) The "activity" of the clan world is not dropping at the moment. The number of fights remains constant and members are extremely active, but they are perhaps having to be 3-4x more active than would be expected a few years ago.

2) Requirements are extremely high in clans, but that certainly isn't the big problem. Gladz had requirements of 110F2P several years ago and maintained a huge memberlist. The problem lies in that people 1) aren't interested in clans because there is no incentive (i.e. drop loot when PK'ing), 2) clans have too high expectations of members and 3) fights last too long for new members to enjoy them.

It's still possible to gain plenty of recruits. If necessary, the RSB is filled with recruitment topics. We're simply not searching for members with the same resilience anymore. Places such as Tip.it are filled with users who are already in a clan or have chosen not to join one. The "silent majority" still exist, but they haven't been approached.

i honestly completly agree with u, the activity is the same nowadays and there are still so many clans out there with low reqs that we really dont need to worry about that much... i think there is enough fresh blood even though we dont see them usually in our own clans/teams

kristn.png

I think the clans with the higher requirements suffer recruitment wise at least in the short term because people would rather join a clan that has the lower reqs they can join now rather than train to join in the long term.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

To be honest I think clans nowadays cater to higher level f2p and p2p players who've had previous experience in the clan world... but that doesn't go down well for recruiting brand new, enthusiastic low-level players, who I'm sure most people were at one time. At the moment that's not a problem, because there's a large number of active high-leveled players, but I have a feeling that a few years into the future clans will start to lower their reqs to get new members. :)

oversized.jpg

To be honest I think clans nowadays cater to higher level f2p and p2p players who've had previous experience in the clan world... but that doesn't go down well for recruiting brand new, enthusiastic low-level players, who I'm sure most people were at one time. At the moment that's not a problem, because there's a large number of active high-leveled players, but I have a feeling that a few years into the future clans will start to lower their reqs to get new members. :)

Training in RuneScape is only getting easier, so why do you say that? With the introduction of Pest Control, Soul Wars, and even monsters such as Armoured Zombies high combat requirements are less of a worry than ever before.

As for the original posters question, the thing you need to understand is that although they might not be here on Tip.It or over there on RSC, or really on any other fansite, there are still a large amount of lower leveled clans that can help people with the basics of warring, before they move on to Top 30/20/10 clans. Whoever mentioned the RSB had a good point, many lower-leveled clans gather there and quite a few of them are warring clans with much lower combat requirements than most of the clans here on TWR or clans that are more RSC-based.

I have lived my life to the best of my ability, but I have not been able to escape fate, anger, or pain.

Bring me the answers, and the road that leads to truth, reveal to me once and for all, how all of this will end.

Shadows cannot exist without the light. But without the shadows, the light has no meaning.

CWA Clans should be the ones doing the lowering of requirements. If you join a pvp clan as a broke low lvl chances are you won't ever get the chance to enjoy warring.

While in cwa you'll eventually learn and then slowly get interested in the clan world in general. If you go out of your way to recruit someone whose never been in the clan world I'd say 6/10 times they are terrible members. (Inactive,experience, lack of enthusiasm, don't listen etc)

It's really a pain having to go out of your way to teach new people that mainly joined just to do gw or other events, hell some just join to talk on audio but then "magically" disappear when you have wars.

I agree with everyone else, clan world is still really active for the numbers we have.

6590ew.jpg