Castle Wars and Stealing Creation are BROKEN

Nomrombom

I see. Agility isn't really too terrible, just boring for me. RCing I just hate. Cons can be fun but it's way more expensive than it's worth and grinding it is horrible. Summoning just takes a long [wagon] time and we got along fine without it before....

RCing sucks. Agi you train in the arena, construction is annoying but worth it when you have spare resources, summoning is nice when you have ToG to back up your training. My absolute favorite weapon in the game is a ranged weapon, so that's cool too.

Ummmmmm.....................

Not much to say.

If you want to find me in Runescape, my name is not applyapple. It is vetoscadiva.

Complain as you like about Jagex, but think about what they've done. How many MMORPG designers go around to creating as complex an in-game world as Jagex? They do need to get around to making a equipable knife, though.

With everyone's complaining about updates, it's amzing that there isn't a forum topic on the fact that the chat box says "You can't reach that" (as opposed to "I can't reach that!").

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darkbow?

Zanik's crossbow, actually.

Not much to say.

If you want to find me in Runescape, my name is not applyapple. It is vetoscadiva.

Complain as you like about Jagex, but think about what they've done. How many MMORPG designers go around to creating as complex an in-game world as Jagex? They do need to get around to making a equipable knife, though.

With everyone's complaining about updates, it's amzing that there isn't a forum topic on the fact that the chat box says "You can't reach that" (as opposed to "I can't reach that!").

I see. Agility isn't really too terrible, just boring for me. RCing I just hate. Cons can be fun but it's way more expensive than it's worth and grinding it is horrible. Summoning just takes a long [wagon] time and we got along fine without it before....

Summoning is god, lol

Summoning is god, lol

Yes, summoning can theoretically double your party size.

Not much to say.

It can also take forever and be useless until higher levels and be a money sink :thumbup:

How high are higher levels?

Not much to say.

52 for terrorbirds, everything lower isn't particularly useful is relation to the cost to get the levels.

Use free xp. Like ToG.

Not much to say.

52 for terrorbirds, everything lower isn't particularly useful is relation to the cost to get the levels.

Use free xp. Like ToG.

That requires all my other stats to be higher - cons, which I hate to death, and dungeoneering, a [cabbage] skill, and farming which just takes forever.

PM me for fitocracy invite

Use free xp. Like ToG.

That requires all my other stats to be higher - cons, which I hate to death, and dungeoneering, a [cabbage] skill, and farming which just takes forever.

I find it ridiculous that you're insulting skills you've never even trained. Do you think looking at other's experiences or stuff like that is good enough for you to draw an accurate conclusion of whether the skill is boring for you? Seriously, give them a try with an open mind, and you might find they're very different from what you thought they were.

I'm not saying your opinion is invalid; everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but without even trying the skills you say they suck? I just find that absurd.

Ignore this if you've tried the skills and trained them to a quite high level in other accounts.

Use free xp. Like ToG.

Except dungeoneering, it's not a wasted week if one of those other skills is boosted.

Not much to say.

Use free xp. Like ToG.

I find it ridiculous that you're insulting skills you've never even trained. Do you think looking at other's experiences or stuff like that is good enough for you to draw an accurate conclusion of whether the skill is boring for you? Seriously, give them a try with an open mind, and you might find they're very different from what you thought they were.

I'm not saying your opinion is invalid; everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but without even trying the skills you say they suck? I just find that absurd.

Ignore this if you've tried the skills and trained them to a quite high level in other accounts.

I've trained them high enough to know that I hate them.

Don't get me wrong, dungeoneering is fun as all get out, but it's a [cabbage] skill nonetheless.

PM me for fitocracy invite

If you wonder why ancient mages do well, it's because of the overabundance of meleers. In castle wars, for example, about 95% of the team is only melee, and maybe 80% of them don't even carry dragonhide. Of course they're going to get massacred by magic. Want to beat a mage? Use range as at least part of your strategy. Running headfirst into ice barrage wearing rune is not the answer. Complaining afterwards isn't the answer either.

Lmfao. You fail insanely. Range is FAR WORSE when it comes to fighting mages. Especially in places like clan wars or fight pits where people with skill go.

Calling Dungeoneering a skill is a joke.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

If you wonder why ancient mages do well, it's because of the overabundance of meleers. In castle wars, for example, about 95% of the team is only melee, and maybe 80% of them don't even carry dragonhide. Of course they're going to get massacred by magic. Want to beat a mage? Use range as at least part of your strategy. Running headfirst into ice barrage wearing rune is not the answer. Complaining afterwards isn't the answer either.

Lmfao. You fail insanely. Range is FAR WORSE when it comes to fighting mages. Especially in places like clan wars or fight pits where people with skill go.

have fun fighting that Mage with your whip while he's busting 450s from 5 squares away.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

have fun fighting thatage

with your whip while he's busting 450s from 5 squares away.

When your rune cbow can't hit that mage either and when you do get unfrozen you won't hit very much since range is so weak.

If the magic splashes then the melee can mass huge amounts of damage faster and far more accurately than range could ever dream of.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

Stop attacking other posters with little to back up your opinion. You said nothing to justify range is worse than melee against mages even when it is a ridiculous claim.

if you hate dungeoneering as a skill so much, why don't fully concept something better instead of spreading hate.

Stop attacking other posters with little to back up your opinion. You said nothing to justify range is worse than melee against mages even when it is a ridiculous claim.

if you hate dungeoneering as a skill so much, why don't fully concept something better instead of spreading hate.

There is tons of evidence to back up the fact that dungeoneering is not a skill and I have repeated it so many times to people I wonder how Jagex has brainwashed them.

Ridiculous claim? Lmfao. Come to dual arena with range and I will wreck you so hard with magic you will cry irl. WIth 99 range I know what it can do, and it can't do much.

I generally think that common knowledge need not be posted when I talk, but I was wrong because some people believe Jamflex when they say stuff like "Dungeoneering is a skill" and "Range defeats Magic"

Relying on what Jagex states is one of the worst things you can ever do. Just ask the KB and how many wrong entries have been placed on it.

arcane_stew.png

Congratulations, you answered absolutely nothing :]

Of course magic is potent in the hands of an experienced user, you play smash brothers so you'd understand the benefits of mastering higher tiers (e.g magic). Yet in your commets you completely disregard the game as a whole. There is another side to magic, the side that completey sucks when used badly (whereas melee or even range is extremely difficult to screw up). RS does not revolve around you or even the higher clan community. In most cases range will completely dominate a mage because it is designed to do just that.

Fact remains whether you like it or not, dungeoneering is a skill, suck it up. jagex ain't changing the game for you when the majority is happy.

Yet my post was not intended to answer anything, just to tell you how wrong you are.

Gratz on assuming things without experience! It's what people in the rants forum of the RSOF do best. #-o

arcane_stew.png

Add me in game you Mage I range I'll tear you apart.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

K. Although I will not be at full capacity of what I could be, without an arcane stream i should still be able to beat you.

I should be on around 11-12 EST, you?

RSN is 'Divine Stew' btw.

arcane_stew.png

K. Although I will not be at full capacity of what I could be, without an arcane stream i should still be able to beat you.

I should be on around 11-12 EST, you?

RSN is 'Divine Stew' btw.

I'll add you, no clue when Ill be on.

DM0Yq2c.png

Yet my post was not intended to answer anything, just to tell you how wrong you are.

Gratz on assuming things without experience! It's what people in the rants forum of the RSOF do best. #-o

I don't like your only explanation thus far, it implies that personal experiences apply to every related instance. A ranger can always pull out a crystal bow when a mage decides to far-cast. Also consider whether the ranger possessed a magic level equal to the mage's, chances are that splash frequency will greatly increase, especially if the mage is wearing pieces of stronger armor to compensate range defense for which an orthadox set has zero (excluding the arcane shield, which is obviously going to turn the tide a little, yet if the mage has an arcane shield, the ranger should have a spectral shield to be classified as a fair duel).

A mage has to go out of their way simply acquiring the means to defeat a ranger; even then, it is very circumstantial.

Also remember that I'm not talking solely about maxed out gameplay, there's more to combat than perfectly equipped lv99s duking it out. Relevant to the OPs initial rant, range is effective against mages, this is fact, use it.