Year Capes ALready =/

SerRaimus

I wish Jagex would come out with a year cape i.e like as in the year you actually started playing this. Mine would be the earliest, as some of you might still remember me. :mrgreen:

Although so many people claim to say they are from the Classic days, a cape would settle it. Wouldn't it? I ran the idea by a few player mods and they luved the idea. What do you'll think ?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish Jagex would come out with a year cape i.e like as in the year you actually started playing this. Mine would be the earliest, as some of you might still remember me. :mrgreen:

Although so many people claim to say they are from the Classic days, a cape would settle it. Wouldn't it? I ran the idea by a few player mods and they luved the idea. What do you'll think ?

It would be cool. Of course, many people start new accounts, and my cape would be about 2 years after I actually began playing.

Ummmmmm.....................

Not much to say.

If you want to find me in Runescape, my name is not applyapple. It is vetoscadiva.

Complain as you like about Jagex, but think about what they've done. How many MMORPG designers go around to creating as complex an in-game world as Jagex? They do need to get around to making a equipable knife, though.

With everyone's complaining about updates, it's amzing that there isn't a forum topic on the fact that the chat box says "You can't reach that" (as opposed to "I can't reach that!").

You, and the rest of us, were all noobs at some point.

Good idea though. But why is this in rants?

Where else wouls it be?

Ummmmmm.....................

Not much to say.

If you want to find me in Runescape, my name is not applyapple. It is vetoscadiva.

Complain as you like about Jagex, but think about what they've done. How many MMORPG designers go around to creating as complex an in-game world as Jagex? They do need to get around to making a equipable knife, though.

With everyone's complaining about updates, it's amzing that there isn't a forum topic on the fact that the chat box says "You can't reach that" (as opposed to "I can't reach that!").

You, and the rest of us, were all noobs at some point.

Good idea though. But why is this in rants?

Where else wouls it be?

I think it would probably be better in suggestions or debate club.

I thought about were to put it. it seemed best suited here b4 a mod told me it was moved. But I have seen combat 138's acting like they were nubs, and then yet I see combat 3's that know what this game is truly about. it's not the levels that matter to me really, it's the person behind the computer, no? We are all new at this at some point but we also grow up at some point.

i would support this...but i think holiday items do fairly well already, except back to the time before untradeables....but i made my acc march 05 so i have have the beloved rubber chicken, but i wouldnt mind having a 2005 cape

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Holiday items = Year capes.

No chance. We already have enough elitism during the short times where people have their holiday items out. Allow people like SerRaimus to swing his e-pen0r any more wildly, and you're likely to risk breaking teeth.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I think I failed at being more clearer. When you see someone in a Phat, Santa , or Halloween mask, etc holiday rares you say to yourself wow he/she is loaded ($$$).

When / if you see a year cape from 2001 etc you go whooa that mutha is loyal and been around. :mrgreen:

Omali surely meant bunny ears and scythe.

And I agree with him, I think we all could use a bit more of humility. Runescape doesn't need year capes - players already are good enough at acting like an elite asshat.

I'd have to agree with this lol. I've got a good majority of the Holiday items, no need really for a cape. Scythes and Bunny Ears tend to do the job.

oaM0.png
fXPnd.png

I don't think we need to give the so-called "old school" players an opportunity to show off their status. Take a look around the forums and you can easily see a bunch of "old school" people claiming their superiority over those who joined RS at a later date.

Does it really matter that much WHEN you started playing? Personally, I find being an "old school" player a ridiculous reason to boast.

That would be a nice idea, yes, but don't holiday items do just that?

Actually, you know what I think? I think that ALL players should be able to get ALL holiday items automatically.

That way, there wouldn't be any more of those "i play earlier than u nubz haha" elitism.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I Wasn't meant for It to be showing off, well at least thats not what I intended it to mean. A year cape would must prove how old your account is, besides posting, holiday rares and etc. Besides why would it hurt anyone in the first place? And I feel sorry for those of us that do come from the classic days and act like complete ad utter morons. But there are those of us who don't, and would still like to see a Year Cape.

I think it would be great to have a RSC cape

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

Stringcheze you wouldn't qualify for one anyway so stay off my thread, we get it you don't like the idea, but many others do :mrgreen:

And you don't need to qoute me to get your post count up. I think others can read.

Stringcheze you wouldn't qualify for one anyway so stay off my thread, we get it you don't like the idea, but many others do :mrgreen:

And you don't need to qoute me to get your post count up. I think others can read.

his tif join date is 05. Hes got you beat by 5 years. An original RSC cape would be nice in rsc, but theres really no need in rs2.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I don't think we need to give the so-called "old school" players an opportunity to show off their status. Take a look around the forums and you can easily see a bunch of "old school" people claiming their superiority over those who joined RS at a later date.

Like in this thread!

Preau.png

Who the hell cares how old anyone's account is? What difference does it make?

Just another way of introducing artificial divisions and allowing some people to feel superior to others over meaningless nonsense.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

his tif join date is 05. Hes got you beat by 5 years. An original RSC cape would be nice in rsc, but theres really no need in rs2.

I started playing in 2001 actually ;p

I started playing in 2001 actually ;p

That's exactly why these capes are a bad idea. Even the mere suggestion of them brings out the elitist values in some people. Just imagine if Jagex did implement them; people like you would continue to flaunt their "status" about how much of their life they've wasted on a game even though no one really gives a [bleep].

I don't see this happening.

It'd just give people another reason to rant because they won't ever get the "2003" or "2009" or whatever cape.

I don't need a cape (Chocatrice, Warlock and Web don't count) to show how old my account is. My Chicken Suit does the job already.

Link0000109.png

Going for:

85 Mining

50 Dungeoneering

60 Runecrafting

99 Firemaking achieved 24th June 2010!

This is a great idea! My ten year anniversary will be approaching next Winter and when I tell people how long I've been playing they just call me a liar. That really hurts, new-age players have ZERO respect for those of us who have seen it all. I hate to sound like an old geezer reminiscing about better days but we deserve respect for our loyalty to the game!

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

This is a great idea! My ten year anniversary will be approaching next Winter and when I tell people how long I've been playing they just call me a liar. That really hurts, new-age players have ZERO respect for those of us who have seen it all. I hate to sound like an old geezer reminiscing about better days but we deserve respect for our loyalty to the game!

Thank you for your well put reply. :mrgreen: my 10 year anniversary is coming up as well.