Sara GWD with rapier

anonymouse_

So I finally decided to get 70 agil and check out sara gwd. What would be a good setup for a 4-man team, using a rapier? I have access to extremes/ovl, yak/uni, turmoil, etc

:thumbup:

Idk why you would want to sara if you have those stats and equipment but....

Bandos seems to be a good option, I wouldn't use overloads because they are so expensive so just take extremes and unicorn.

Idk why you would want to sara if you have those stats and equipment but....

Bandos seems to be a good option, I wouldn't use overloads because they are so expensive so just take extremes and unicorn.

Wear bandos if you have it, otherwise just veracs. Use rapier plus a defender, borrow something like ZGS, Claws, AGS if you can to use as a spec, if not take a dmace. For a 4 hour trip, take 4 unicorns, 8-10 overloads (preference), 3-4 brews, and rest super rests. You can take a pak yak if you want to bring more overloads but that requires more brew/rests that isn't needed.

patr1ckotg1.png

Seriously, extreme pure sets + 4-5 unicorns are completly enough and don't add the -500 lp and are way cheaper.

some alch are good.

Consider rapier on stab average as good as AGS + flail.

Of course, in case of competition a spec weapon is better.

Oh baby light the dark side...

Are chaotic weps and overloads worth using considering the higher cost? Will you make more back in the time? :S

Drops: Black Mask.

Clue rewards: Sara Plate, 2 Robins, Some other random stuff.

when you're done with the trip, can you post how well Rapier does at Sara please?

It sucks. It hits great on the little guys, but just doesn't hit very well on boss. I can post a vid later when I'm done my trip.

Are chaotic weps and overloads worth using considering the higher cost? Will you make more back in the time? :S

Yes.

Seriously, extreme pure sets + 4-5 unicorns are completly enough and don't add the -500 lp and are way cheaper.

some alch are good.

Sorry for the old bump.

Maybe sara's a bad example of this to melee. but overloads are well worth it for top boss hunting but not so for general training.

For slayer etc I use pure sets maybe full extreme sets depending on what im killing.

But for boss ncp's, gwd/dk's/corp esp overloads are well worth it. if you dont want to go with a team you have to hope you have some kind hearted friends that will go with you etc... Personally overloads get me double the kills on a solo bandos run for example for a similar cost to extremes. 125/99 maintained is worth it, oh and the 500 lp is nothing, esp if your soloing and can do the log out trick.

oh and whip + claws >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> pretty much anything, only thing that rivals it is chaotic long + claws > whip + claws.

Solo GWD'er

Drops: Bandos Hilt x 1/ boots x 1 / Steam staff x 1 / Shards x 9

99 Str/ 99 Att/ 99 HP (More to come...)

So for money making, overloads are worth it over extreme sets?

Also, Chao long > Rapier > Whip on bosses? Is the 200k/hour really worth it?

Drops: Black Mask.

Clue rewards: Sara Plate, 2 Robins, Some other random stuff.

some alch are good.

Sorry for the old bump.

Maybe sara's a bad example of this to melee. but overloads are well worth it for top boss hunting but not so for general training.

For slayer etc I use pure sets maybe full extreme sets depending on what im killing.

But for boss ncp's, gwd/dk's/corp esp overloads are well worth it. if you dont want to go with a team you have to hope you have some kind hearted friends that will go with you etc... Personally overloads get me double the kills on a solo bandos run for example for a similar cost to extremes. 125/99 maintained is worth it, oh and the 500 lp is nothing, esp if your soloing and can do the log out trick.

oh and whip + claws >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> pretty much anything, only thing that rivals it is chaotic long + claws > whip + claws.

I'm pretty sure he was saying overloads aren't worth it in teams. For soloing, definitely, it allows many more kills. But in teams, there is no point when just extremes are nearly just as good, for a much cheaper price than overloads. Also, the main thing about overloads is the ability to use brews almost like fish or something. In teams, a unicorn is often enough. Also, the constant 125/99 stats wouldn't make a huge difference, especially if you just pot when your stats drop to 115 or something, since you're in a team.

C_ac_t_u_a_r.png

So for money making, overloads are worth it over extreme sets?

Also, Chao long > Rapier > Whip on bosses? Is the 200k/hour really worth it?

I heard rapier is pretty good at bandos, but def not worth using at sara. And it's not 200k/hr...more like 50k/hr.