Approximate time for slayer to start gaining cash/levels?

L0rdAki

So under the advice of a friend, I chose slayer because i find it more fun then armoured zombies and monkey skeles, plus it gains cash.

It's quite slow...been slaying for 5 hours fairly optimally, only recieved about 45-55k slayer exp.

Continue on with slayer, or switch to boring grinding then gwd?

Also, if I continued with slayer, when should I expect the charms/cash/exp to get epic?

Drops: Black Mask.

Clue rewards: Sara Plate, 2 Robins, Some other random stuff.

at lvl 75 is where it starts to get good, and 83+ is when it gets best. Also if you want fast slayer xp, dont afk. I can get like 55k slayer xp in about 2 hours, but i dont afk my tasks unless i get a boring one.

pere_grin.png

Defiantly stick with it, slayer isn't the fastest or easiest skill to train but unlike others it doesn't get boring and given time can bring in some serious cash as of today my average amount of money per task is around 200-400k give or take a little depending on task, and seeing as you already are able to kill dusties which are beginning of making money, but major money starts at 83 imo. But either way the more you train slayer the more it's worth.

slaykan.png Good Timber does not grow with ease, the stronger the wind, the stronger the trees.

images-1.jpgThere is dignity in suffering, nobility in pain, but failure is a salted wound, that burns over and over again.

I don't afk, I pot when my stats reach 10 levels below max, always use my spec bar fairly quickly after it finishes and piety flash after kills.

Warped torts and greaters.

Gonna dung while I wait for an answer...I like GWD more then Slayer, and slayer more then grinding out levels at random places. I'd like to sell out for herb/prayer, and if i stopped slaying i could do that then camp greens for a while.

it took you 5 hours to do 2 tasks?

Anyway, spirit mages are absolutely insane quick money. Much faster then green drags, and very easy to kill. I didn't like slayer as much as I do now, but once I really got into it, I loved it.

As far as prayer/herb goes, I grow herbs, and do herb runs in between slayer tasks. I have 3.5k avantoe in the bank currently from doing this, with 854 more seeds to plant. I also banked all my bones from blue drag tasks, totaling 1.4k bones so far.

pere_grin.png

It did...:(

I do herb runs and stuff. Not worried about that, more worried about selling up ;)

any other opinions?

at lvl 75 is where it starts to get good, and 83+ is when it gets best. Also if you want fast slayer xp, dont afk. I can get like 55k slayer xp in about 2 hours, but i dont afk my tasks unless i get a boring one.

Unless you're using a cannon, or red chins or something, 55k slayer xp in 2 hours is impossible.

Even with maxed melee stats, 15k/hour is pretty much the max you can hit.. most likely between 10-15k.

[2010] Proud Member of Downfall

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)

Unless you're using a cannon, or red chins or something, 55k slayer xp in 2 hours is impossible.

Even with maxed melee stats, 15k/hour is pretty much the max you can hit.. most likely between 10-15k.

with 94 attack 91 strength I can hit 30k pietying+super setting in kurdals dungeon.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

At higher levels you can get a nice wad of slayer exp per hour...but I'm not maxed.

Haha, on what planet have you been living? Certain tasks in kuradal's dungeon can be up to 35k slay xp/h, purely melee'ing (maxed stats, turmoil, extreme pots/overload).

Max slayer exp per hour is something like 60k, cannon, steel Titan, overloads,

turmoil at black demons.

Anyway, more answers to the question? :D

So get at least 83 so I can camp mages? Sounds like they're better cash then greens.

So get at least 83 so I can camp mages? Sounds like they're better cash then greens.

Well you need to pray to kill them, therefore you have to put money in prayer pots. Also the way you are getting money (Dragon boot drops) is luck based, so it would depend on those factors. However, with mages you don't have to worry about them getting busy, unlike Green Dragons, which are always packed.

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

turmoil at black demons.

Where do you suppose this is possible? At CT you cannot set up a cannon. At Taverley you cannot use a steel titan to attack.

animsig.gif

[hide=Stats]I_B_Trolin_U.png[/hide]

"One death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic."

-Joseph Stalin

I started to really make money when I began using kuradal. The exp seems faster, the money keeps flowing in, and it feels a lot less tedious.

I keep a spreadsheet of my tasks and the total price of all my drops for each one, so I can give you some averages of the tasks I do and how much money I get in drops for each. Keep in mind this doesn't include how much I spend on supplies and potions.

In order from best to worst:

Black Dragons: 1,013,925

Blue dragons: 733,786

Living Rock creatures: 706,137

Aberrant Spectres: 698,676

Warped Tortoises: 654,413

Desert Strykewyrms: 646,302

Steel Dragons: 625,887

Iron Dragons: 605,278

Spiritual Mages: 553,782

Waterfiends: 419,849

Skeletal wyverns: 414,565

Jungle Strykewyrms: 365,125

Nechryaels: 358,117

Fire giants: 317,404

Gargoyles: 307,204

Dust Devils: 190,260

Bloodvelds: 115,423

TzHaar: 106,610

Greater Demons: 100,728

Terror dogs: 83,601

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[hide=Drops & Achievements]

Hunter_cape_(t).gif 99 Hunter: 4/30/09 Cooking_cape_(t).gif 99 Cooking: 6/2/2009 Attack_cape_(t).gif 99 Attack: 6/9/10

Dragon Legs x2 | Dragon Skirt x2 | Dragon Med x3 | Dragon Boots x13 | Dragon Shield Left Half x1

Abyssal Whip x2 | Granite Maul x8 | Granite Helm x2 | Granite Legs x1

[/hide]

turmoil at black demons.

Where do you suppose this is possible? At CT you cannot set up a cannon. At Taverley you cannot use a steel titan to attack.

Edge Dungeon

And btw, Bloodvelds (of the mutated variety) are even faster, up to 70k xp an hour.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

turmoil at black demons.

Edge Dungeon

And btw, Bloodvelds (of the mutated variety) are even faster, up to 70k xp an hour.

I thought edge dungeon was single combat...?

animsig.gif

[hide=Stats]I_B_Trolin_U.png[/hide]

"One death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic."

-Joseph Stalin

So I should start pulling in cash rather soon... Still a bit worried about exp/hour

and stuff, seems to be pretty slow.

The only reason you get low exp/hr is because you play slowly. I can do a big task of black demons in an hour. Greater demons i can do in about 45 mins. And that's with cannoning blacks/ranging greaters.

Tbh, if you actually played as much as you post topics half of your goals would be either halfway achieved or actually achieved.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Not to be an [wagon], but why don't you just play the game for fun and quit worrying about being efficient as hell. Just slay if you find it enjoyable. If not then go pick a skill that suits you. I personally find slaying to be fun and profitable if done right. If you need to post a thread about it then you must not be enjoying it though.

EDIT: I bet your getting slow experience because your on tip.it help&advise while your trying to slay. 100% concentration and piety will speed it up quite abit.

Low_C.png

Well if you're going for slayer XP (taking tasks) then your cash flow is going to vary based on the task. I just had a task that took me about an hour to finish and made about 1.2 mil from it, not including what I kept for myself. I have also had tasks where I barely found anything worth keeping at all. Figure out what beasties you want to hunt and use the slayer master that assigns them, block tasks from that slayer master that you really don't want to do.

Simark.png

Tbh, if you actually played as much as you post topics half of your goals would be either halfway achieved or actually achieved.

I could not agree more.

Five hours for two tasks, one of which was greaters? That's on you. Also, I lol'd hard at the guy who said that 15k exp/h is the max.

EDIT: Anyway, you wont start making a noticeable profit till 83 slayer.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.