Herblore Speed

Nifflin

Is it worth it to choose a faster method such as super strengths or ranging potions over a slower method like serum 207? What does me income need to be to justify using the faster potions?

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Generally, yeah. Although, I'm not sure of the income required, which methods are best ATM for a given income bracket, ect.

Drops: Black Mask.

Clue rewards: Sara Plate, 2 Robins, Some other random stuff.

I agree with Akimos, even the mid-level potions like ranged and super attacks are worth making over serums because of the speed. However, the difference in speed between the mid/high lvl potions isn't all that big, so from there i'd go with the potoin which requires the least amount of GP/Xp.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

What is your target? If you are going for anything less than 80, just make super energy/atk pots. The loss to you will take is negligible compared to herbing to a high lvl. Once you start long-term herbing, thats when you really need to consider what you are making, since you will be making LOTS of potions. Also consider closely long term pots. This is mostly referring to untradable pots, since you will be forced to keep them and not resell. It may seem cheaper at first to make spec restores to 99, but then youll never have any extreme sets or overloads. If, by chance, you are going for ~92-93, make brews to 84, spec restores to 88, then 2.2k of each extreme pot. You will be pretty close to 93, if not 93 by the time you finish all your pre-overload pots. I chose to make another 400 extreme atk and strs for my own use outside of overloads. From there, you could stew overloads to get yourself about 95 herb and enough overloads for 11.6 days of straight overloading. Doing it this way will not be cheap, but will be worth it if you ever plan on getting high herblore. You could save a lot of cash by doing a semi-expensive way initially rather than starting cheap, then making extremes/overloads later.

Geesch.png

Geesch.png

Generally, if the cost outweighs the time, then it's the better method of training. If you're making Serum 207 when you could be making Super Strength for example, the latter gives you more than twice the experience of the former. However at much more loss in profit. It all comes down to economic training, or speed training, taking into consideration that the time saved from speed training could be used to earn back the loss.

Just to clear things up, I have around 60m to go from 73-85 herblore.

Serum 207 would cost around 46m.

Range Potions would cost around 60m.

Range potions are three times faster however.

PM me in game anytime

In that case it's definitely worth spending the extra 14M...

In that case it's definitely worth spending the extra 14M...

Thats what I'll be doing then, except I'll make Recover Special for the last two levels or so.

PM me in game anytime

The answer is that it depends entirely on how much money per hour you can make doing other things.

This is a skill activity index using recent prices for Herblore level 73. On the right side are columns that show efficiency indexes for various hourly opportunity cost figures. Based on this data, the breakeven between Serum 207 and ranging pots is somewhere around 750k/hr. The breakeven between Serum 207 and super strengths is similar.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

The answer is that it depends entirely on how much money per hour you can make doing other things.

This is a skill activity index using recent prices for Herblore level 73. On the right side are columns that show efficiency indexes for various hourly opportunity cost figures. Based on this data, the breakeven between Serum 207 and ranging pots is somewhere around 750k/hr. The breakeven between Serum 207 and super strengths is similar.

You rock, thanks man.

PM me in game anytime