Tales of Rimerose

Nexaduro

A group of orhpans, wide eyed, watch from the shadows as a raven-haired man surveys the city of Rimerose from the roof of their hideout. He man shakes his head, then looks up at the great Rimerose clocktower.

"Ah, Galleus, only you and I remember the old days. Back when mankind knew their potential, knew of us. But nostalgia gets nothing done, old friend. It is past time for me to be off. I will leave this world in your care, and my sacrifice will bring a new generation of magi and magae. Make sure they're ready for the tasks ahead. See you in the next world, Galleus!"

The clock bells toll as the hour hand reaches midnight, and the man begins to glow. He raises his arms to the sky and the light spreads out over the city. He then turns toward the orphans who are scrambling for cover as the shadows disappear, smiles, and bursts into sparkling shards of glass. As each piece pierces the heart of an orphan, they disappear with a flash.

A drunk and beaten up man, having watched the scene from where he was laying half conscious in a gutter after being tossed out of a rather loud and roudy tavern, is the only one to hear the words among the pealing clocktower bells:

"Goodbye, Cerentis, may you finally find peace and once more be with your beloved Dyentessa."

For your first action, choose your character name and traits, y'know, the basics. The starting location is an old storage building where you are recovering from your injuries among your fellow orphans and scavengers.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, we can have a session if you guys want.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Could you explain a bit more? Did you want a character biography?

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Not really. Simple description is best, though it's your choice.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Okay let me get started:

Name: Charles Emrich

Description: He is a man of a stocky build with a barrel chest, he also has a nearly unmatched propensity and vulgarity towards cursing. He has shoulder length dark brown hair and a tattoo of two rings set apart with arcane symbols above his elbow on his left arm. His eyes are brow with golden flakes in them and he has a vertical scar going down across one eye which surprisingly is not damaged. He prefers to wear loose fitting clothing and has spent some time out in the woods simply hunting. He is surprisingly agile and strong for a person of his stature with denotes a life fighting on the streets for survival. Finally he is rabidly loyal to anyone who has proved himself a friend to him (stating "Death before Betrayal")

LNYvk.png

Name: Silens vesica

Traits: Spell Prof: Shadow/Illusion, Physical traits: Agile/Strong, Weapons: Blades/Bows

Description: A man built like an assassin, with long black hair and a face devoid of emotion, except a tint in his eye that shows a troubled past. An unknown date is cut into his wrist as a scar, with the words "Nunquam alieno".

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Yeah, Pie? Tech? Iey? Any of you going to join? I can't do a session right now, but I will be able to a bit later.

Grim, ICU, I meant physical descriptions and not specializations. The specializations will have effects, but are formed through actions and you don't start out with them.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

My physical ones were agile and strong.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

I'm interested, but I don't see how it's different from Soldiers of Napta. Further, there isn't exactly much information, and I like to know how things work before joining in.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Nex, another one? Really?

I might as well join in. Although I'm busy playing Dorf Fortress, so not much in the way of backstory.

Perses Heleos (Perses was the Greek Titan of destruction, Heleos is a combination of Helios and Eos, who were the sun, and the keeper of oaths respectively)

A tall man, with silver hair, and mismatched eyes, one is crimson, the other a pale cyan. A set of unknown and undecipherable symbols are tatooed onto the left side of his face. He wears a white cavalry coat, which reaches down to his feet. The coat has a blue mantle which stretches to his forearms, an he has gloves of the same shade. On the back of the coat is a picture of a sun, in black. He has a strange speaking pattern, using short sentances, but lots of them, which gives the illusion of mental instability. Despite this, he is generally rather calm, even in the face of danger. Around his neck is a broken sword, the blade shattered halfway down, and tied into a necklace by a silken rope. Within his sleeves are concealed several dozen kunai, which, along with his short range teleportation, make him a rather strong fighter.

Proficiency: Teleportation, Kunai

2Xeo5.png

I'm sorry BUT SO MANY EFFIN SIMILARITIES TO THIS GUY

[hide]

zeronotsukaimajulio.jpg

zeronotsukaimafutatsukij.jpg

[/hide]

Silver is close to blonde, you have his eyes, your clothes are similar.

Though you don't know this guy most likely. Though this makes me lol hard.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Name: Pail

Character description: A rather small and frail-looking child, it looks to be about the age of seven. For reasons unknown, it wears a pail on its head, with small holes drilled for breathing and for seeing. It doesn't talk much at all, and it doesn't really have any moral leanings one way or another. Its skin is rather pale, and it has auburn colored hair.

FFS...

OK, let me make this clear. NO SPECIALIZATIONS. You have to work to get those.

Grim, I assume you would like something along the lines of a quarterstaff. ICU, I'll give you a sword if that's what you want. Pie, do you want a full-sized spear or one shortened for conventional combat? Ross, would you like the kunai or the sword?

I'm just going to ignore any past and future posts about magic specialization as an intro post.

Everyone - You find yourselves in a large, dark room. Orphans, beggars, and scavengers huddle in groups around several fires.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Mace pwease?

Ooooh I get you Nex.

I'll pick a hidden blade, if you play Assassins creed, you'll understand, if not its just a blade attatched to a wrist gauntlet which with a certain movement of the wrist will pop out. It's efficient at stealth killing and quite hard to use if the opponent has a spear or a long sword.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Gotcha. Now, your weapons won't be very high quality, so don't expect too much out of them.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I ask for a log from one of the fires to act as a torch, I also ask what is actually going on here.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Name: Earth

Weapon: hand axe

Desc: a guy ina green robe.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Silens - Two orphans sitting around a fire glare at you as you try to take some of the fuel, which you realize is mostly dung. You feel a hand clap you on the shoulder and nearly stab the arm it's attached to, before realizing that the man is laughing.

"Good to see you're up and about! You took quite a nasty hit there. Any chance you could tell us who it was that managed to pierce all of you through the heart without any resistance whatsoever?"

Charles - You can't seem to make out much outside of the fires, but you feel a tingle and your hand briefly lights up, illuminating the empty corners of the building and earning strange looks from a number of its residents. +0.2 light magic

Perses - You attention is drawn to a patch of darkness that seems to be moving, before realizing that it's one of your fellow unfortunates. Suddenly, the man's hand lets out a flash that half-blinds you, and you stumble back towards the fires.

Kemios - You begin running around, failing to attract the attention of the numerous people in the building, as they are looking with gaping mouths at the man who looks to have detonated a few pounds of flash powder in his hands. You do, however, trip and fall at the feet of Silens and the man he is conversing with.

RIP Dawngate ;-;