Hegemony Ship to Ship combat training

archimage_a

Finding out where to shoot from to most efficiently destroy the ship is part of the strategy, yeah.

Although, one again, that can be done with BF. I don't mean to sound like I'm trying to push you into using it, but I just think it would make it quicker and easier to do (As well as more fun, possibly?)

2Xeo5.png

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really see how it would be more fun?

Potentially for me, but for everyone else they send their shiny ships into battle and then are told they either got blown up or didn't get blown up.

Anywho 'finding where to shoot from most efficently' is the kind of lapse in tactical insight that comes out during battles(Sorry if that sounds condersending, I am not sure what it is lately). Trying to fly into the weak spot of a ship, when you have momentum pulling you ever which way, and the other ship is spinning, moving and firing back at you, is a complicated manuevour, and, in many cases, blasting the ship from any location is easier and better.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Rocco...

Overcomplication means two people have talked about something, rather than one person(me) having thought about stuff and just posted a very small summery of ideas, and then spends the next few weeks slowly revealing the whole idea.

I vote we keep to the system we used Archi, that made me feel like a space captain :D

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

That Battleships Forever things sounds cool. I'll try it out, and maybe we could just play with it for fun? :P

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Mmm, fair enough.

How about we do a practical test of the system I was thinking, and compare it to the one used in the previous test?

Icu can play you again, since that way the test is unbiased.

Do you mind doing that?

2Xeo5.png

I'll repost my ship.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Its not practical in a text based game, maybe if you designed your own RTS it would be practical but here: no.

And overcomplication doesn't mean that at all, overcomplication is a system which is too complicated; if two Supergenius's created a really complicated system to count cards (even though there is a much easier way to count cards) would that mean that everyone else is not entitled to say that there system is overcomplicated by your logic?

meatlover.png

Yes....

Anywho, if people want to have an oversimple system of Ship Attacks Ship, then that is fine, but the option is here to have a more engaging and considerably better system.

Also, Hex, get lost.

We are not talking about two supergeniuses composing fracal algorithems or something. We are talking about Hegemony, a game of overwhelming complications, which no one notices because no one takes the time to look at it.

I vote hell no on the system, the ship kept fighting even though most of it was torn apart.

It's just a silly system.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Hmmm, well if it does work out, doesn't seem likely, then I guess its ok.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

If its ok with Archi, care to practice with me? It's really fun, I could try mod our little battle ourselves if Archi isn't up to it.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Because Earth has pretty much been done?

There is not a whole lot more we could do on Earth, we can build massive fortresses, hide behind them, and attack each other, but thats about it.

I am trying to keep space vast enough to take a long time to colonise, so people who want to stay on Earth get the most out of the game, but really, with Europe in top dog position, controling half, if not more of the world's money, no one is going to start another war with them for a long time.

I think people are coming to the same conclusion, hence why they are trying to get off Earth, they want to get themselves into the best position to fight the next war, rather than the desperate positions they were in last time.

Maybe (depending on the coding, which might be too hard) you could use this:

Space Battle Simulator Build2b

Just add some ships (which we research here) and possibly boarding capabillities. Then again the coding might be (it probably is) harder than .lua and such.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Can we keep it reasonable this time? Because space in the first hegemony became "Ohh we just discovered 12 systems and 99 planets, ima insta-colonize 20 cause im a superpower and i deserve a bigger share".

This time we should move a bit slower, maybe discover one system at a time.

Well, I posted the star map a while ago, and got a provisional FTL system written out. Then we had a debate about whether we should even go into space, so there is still alot of discuss.

In anycase, the cost of ships, random events and stuff like that should slow expansion down.

Since we know that Hegemony can last the course, we might as well play like it isn't gonna end tommrow :thumbsup: