Best way to 99 strength?

ilovesilvia

I currently need around 7m more strength experience until 99 strength. What are the fastest ways to get there? 2 options I know about but cannot use are dharoks at ape atoll monkey guards and the armoured zombies at chaos altar. I currently am thinking about going to the red spiders at the stronghold of security or just using d scim at monkey guards. Post if you know any new methods, xp/hr for any methods, or how long it will take to 99. :smile:

LOL.

Lol.

If you're not a pure, which I assume you are, train attack and def a little more.

I think the best would probably be to use a dragon scimitar on living rock creatures.

Living rock creatures? I also am not a pure, I have 65 defence and 85 attack.

LOL.

I did my 99str at bandits and a bit at monkey guards, now after getting it i regret not getting it through slayer.

So i would say slayer :)

58dd8b2b.gif

#t0 #ce #teamsweden #se @swiftirc

#clan_europe @Quakenet

with 65 def and 85 att, i'd do slayer for a while till you find the creatures you enjoy killing the most. then stick with those

if you get bored of those creatures, then go slayering again, till you find something new you like, or get back into the creatures you were killing, becuase you still enjoy them the most. :)

Slay

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

The positive thing about slayer is the +15% boost from mask/helm.

And its different creatures :)

58dd8b2b.gif

#t0 #ce #teamsweden #se @swiftirc

#clan_europe @Quakenet

The positive thing about slayer is the +15% boost from mask/helm.

And its different creatures :)

And if you train on controlled, you get xp for 5 different stats (Constitution, attack, strength, defense, and slayer)

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

Once again the obsession with slayer is strong on these forums..

OP I've been training at bandits from 95-99 att and currently 92-95 str and still going. The afk-ability is high (if that's what you're into) as long as you have a bunyip, EE and guthans as backup. I usually use combat pots since they're cheap and can easily be paid for with herb drops from bandits.

Disregard females.

Acquire currency.

Fastest would be Dharoking on Undeads in Ape Atoll underground.

-Living rock creatures are terrible for training

-Slayer for experience is not great, but not bad either. You're not going to be getting the fastest rates

-Bandits are awful

-Combat pots are awful, super strength and attacks aren't expensive at all

-Training on controlled defeats the purpose of OP wanting to train purely strength exp, don't give him advice otherwise

-Don't tell OP to train Attack and Defence when he's asking for strength advice (this mainly applies towards Defence, but can be applied to Attack to). Depending on what he does, those two skills might be useless to him

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

OP I've been training at bandits from 95-99 att and currently 92-95 str and still going. The afk-ability is high (if that's what you're into) as long as you have a bunyip, EE and guthans as backup. I usually use combat pots since they're cheap and can easily be paid for with herb drops from bandits.

What is EE?

LOL.

What is EE?

Assuming enhanced excalibur.

Fastest would be Dharoking on Undeads in Ape Atoll underground.

-Living rock creatures are terrible for training

-Slayer for experience is not great, but not bad either. You're not going to be getting the fastest rates

-Bandits are awful

-Combat pots are awful, super strength and attacks aren't expensive at all

-Training on controlled defeats the purpose of OP wanting to train purely strength exp, don't give him advice otherwise

-Don't tell OP to train Attack and Defence when he's asking for strength advice (this mainly applies towards Defence, but can be applied to Attack to). Depending on what he does, those two skills might be useless to him

What's inexpensive to you may seem expensive to others. Combat pots are ideal, not awful. I've dharoked in the tunnels and the slightlest mistake will cost you, not including the cost of prayer pots.

What is EE?

Assuming enhanced excalibur.

Basically a free shark at the cost of your spec bar.

Disregard females.

Acquire currency.

If it were me, I'd grab a Sara Sword and get 99 strength on waterfiends. That oughta get you at least an iron titan to go with your strength, and depending on your method you should be able to break even on the cost of the summoning training.

Or, training with slayer adds the advantage of strykeywyrm tasks, which are pretty good profit, and some charms as well. You could configure your block list to maximize strength xp, although I'm not certain which of Kuradal's tasks are the slowest for melee xp. If you haven't already unlocked the ability to craft Slayer Rings, then it's pretty much non-negotiable that you need to slay at least until you get 300 points for that.

If you're only taking strength into account, then neither of those methods is going to be the fastest. But in the long-term, the benefits of a high summoning level probably outweigh the time saved unless you planned on bursting for charms later on. And as for slayer, the Slayer Hat and the additional rewards from slayer points, as well as exclusive strykewyrms, give it advantages over camping that can justify a potential loss in strength xp; in fact, if you slay efficiently and block the right tasks, the actual difference should be made up in additional profit, summoning xp, and ranged xp (from cannoning). And again, while a high slayer level is less of an advantage than a high summoning level, it's still something that should be considered.

Now, if you're really not interested in anything but strength xp, I imagine you'd be best off with armoured zombies. They have good HP and low defense, they're not very dangerous, you can use a Salve (e) for a 20% bonus, they have profitable drops (including a small amount of charms), and their location immediately underneath a prayer altar allows you to constantly use boost prayers without the expense of prayer potions. This adds up to possibly the most efficient monster in the game to camp for melee xp.

The Saradomin Sword is your best weapon for strength training.

The reason there is an Obsession with slayer is because, if you EVER plan on training slayer, it is more efficient time-wise to train your combat stats doing it. There is no sense camping monsters for 99s, and THEN get 99 slayer, when you could have done it at the same time.

Also, in all honesty, camping at one monster is boring as [cabbage] to me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, since you can't do Armoured Zombies, you could try the money zombies on ape atoll instead. They work the same as the Zombies in that they're undead, so you use a Salve amulet. There is also an altar near by, so you can use constant prayer.

Bandits and SoS spiders are also popular methods.

----------------------------------------

. If you haven't already unlocked the ability to craft Slayer Rings, then it's pretty much non-negotiable that you need to slay at least until you get 300 points for that.

There's very little use for a Slayer ring if you use Kuradal. I've yet to unlock the ability to make rings, simply because I'd rarely use them. I only ever use them for Spectre and Terror Dog tasks.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

The reason there is an Obsession with slayer is because, if you EVER plan on training slayer, it is more efficient time-wise to train your combat stats doing it. There is no sense camping monsters for 99s, and THEN get 99 slayer, when you could have done it at the same time.

Anyways, since you can't do Armoured Zombies, you could try the money zombies on ape atoll instead. They work the same as the Zombies in that they're undead, so you use a Salve amulet. There is also an altar near by, so you can use constant prayer.

. If you haven't already unlocked the ability to craft Slayer Rings, then it's pretty much non-negotiable that you need to slay at least until you get 300 points for that.

There's very little use for a Slayer ring if you use Kuradal. I've yet to unlock the ability to make rings, simply because I'd rarely use them. I only ever use them for Spectre and Terror Dog tasks.

Same arguement 5 years ago. Not everyone here has the same mindset as you and why are you assuming OP wants 99 slayer?

Disregard females.

Acquire currency.

Same arguement 5 years ago. Not everyone here has the same mindset as you and why are you assuming OP wants 99 slayer?

It's better to assume that down the line you might want to have high slayer, either because a high slayer monster will be released that gives enormous profit or because you might want to max out stats later on (people and goals change). Slayer isn't terrible exp, it's just not great; all choosing to slay now does is give you choices later on to be less irritated training slayer and not looking forward to any other level ups.

To OP: 500k from 99 str all through slayer and I don't regret anything, it's what I recommend.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Re-reading my post, I fail to see when I ever assumed that, I was simply informing you as to why people suggest it so often.

And what does me joining TIF in January have to do with anything? I can assure you I've been playing long before January 26th

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Re-reading my post, I fail to see when I ever assumed that, I was simply informing you as to why people suggest it so often.

And what does me joining TIF in January have to do with anything? I can assure you I've been playing long before January 26th

Maybe you should reread my post.

Disregard females.

Acquire currency.

Still don't get it.

All right let me cut straight to the chase here son, because you obviously haven't been on this boat long enough. And I say boat as in forum just incase that slips past your head too. The argument that slayer is the "best" form of cb training or strength training in this case is as old as these forums. Different strokes for different folks. I'll leave it at that.

Disregard females.

Acquire currency.