Jagex Running Out of Names?!

Danger_Dude

It seems to me like all the new updates have impossible to pronounce names.. like everything in the fight caves, the Toktz-whatever, and now the Mjolners or whatever they are, I find it annoying :roll:

Just think it's kinda funny how everything they make now is hard to say.

i like it. It makes it feel more like a living world. Instead of having pointless names. The names correspond to what they are. like viking names for fremmys, Ancient strange names for the tzaar. I think it improves the game

intermissiontintdawg7qfedit28b.jpg

Your true character is what you are like when you believe there are no repercussions.

But saying "New maul" means a Granite maul freshly dropped from a gargoyle! :lol:

Say obsidian. OBSIDIAN IS PRONOUNCABLE ENOUGH.

Or, just say TzHaar-Ket-Om for maul. I pronounce that: "Tu-zarr ket om"

Or Toktz-Ket-Xil: "Tockz ket zill"

It gets easy sometime. I like the TzHaaren names, personally.

kolsig20kl.png

I've stopped playing RuneScape. KoL's better.

Umm.. I just see it like Jagex wants to get some "touch" to the names. Toktz-Ket-Xil sounds like a name that actually could be used by some primitive tribe living near a volcano or so.

And those mjolnirs actually are based on "real" weapons. In scandinavian/ german mythology Thor had his Mj̮̦̉̉lnir and he used it to make lightnings.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

i like it. It makes it feel more like a living world. Instead of having pointless names. The names correspond to what they are. like viking names for fremmys, Ancient strange names for the tzaar. I think it improves the game

I agree with that concept, but a few more "steves" and "janets" would sure make things easier to remember :)

lpinkus

I agree with that concept, but a few more "steves" and "janets" would sure make things easier to remember :)

lpinkus

So youd prefer the next weapon to be called "teh owntag0rz spear" :lol: that would actually rock out loud :|

knkcopy.jpg

And those mjolnirs actually are based on "real" weapons. In scandinavian/ german mythology Thor had his Mj̮̦̉̉lnir and he used it to make lightnings.

Yes and Jagex had to go out and make it a Spear, how wasteful. Would of Preffered a WarHammer so it atleast kept it's real name

deadforumslol.png

Very few of the names in runecsape are just thought up out of thin air. A Mjolnir I think is the hammer of the Norse god Thor, literally translated as "thing that smashes" (dont see why they made it into a spear then lol)[like hohto said] .

Obsidian, like mithril, is used in other fantasy rpgs. As for the TzHaar and their items, well, I guess those are one of the very few names in runecsape that are just thought up out of thin air :lol:

questcapesigbalh.gif

The Once and Future Quest Guru

Mjolnir was the magical warhammer used by the norse god thor

it could only be weilded by thor and returned to him when he called for it

lol i never knew taking classics would come in handy

rawr7zv.gif

Thanks to Goldwolflord, megadedhed, willmcdermot, Biabf, jak722, born2die, Mediumwell, xxxShade, Random, speedofsound, edtheripper, and Alduron for the awesome sig

Yes and Jagex had to go out and make it a Spear, how wasteful. Would of Preffered a WarHammer so it atleast kept it's real name

True that, I didn't know wether to cry or laugh when I heart they made some weak&useless spear and named it after Thor's hammer.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

lpinkus

lmao, just imagine it

"and to slay the vile beast, he lifted his janet and brung it down over the head of the monster"

parents17dc.gif

lpinkus

lmao, just imagine it

"and to slay the vile beast, he lifted his janet and brung it down over the head of the monster"

Lol, nicely done. Of course, I meant "steve," "janet" and the like as names for NPCs, not weapons :) Funny nonetheless.

lpinkus