1 - 85 Magic?

Xgimmeurgp

So according to my calculations: Costs of teleporting to Camelot from lvl 55 costs around 21m (i dont have a law rune with me so i cant get the G.E price atm, i based it on law runes being 380ea) That is 55,711 Camelot teleports. Now with just Wind Strikes, it will take 434,480 mind runes. At the max G.E for mind runes it will cost 2.6m.

Now my question to everyone is.... should i Wind Strike my way to 85 mage rather than spending almost 10x the amount of gold on Camelot teleports? Let me know what you think please. Also please factor in sanity :ohnoes:

x_gimmeurgp.png

x_gimmeurgp.png

If you want magic xp, you should do neither method. Both are complete loss and not even that stellar xp.

Laws are also only 270-280 nowadays (You can check the GE at any time using the Grand Exchange page found on the main page -> manual -> Grand Exchange). So it should only cost around 18-19 mil. However, 55.5xp and 5gp/xp per cast is still pretty low.

Superheat costs around 2gp/xp at most and can profit depending on the markets. It's much faster to cast and you gain some smithing xp on top. Superheat itself is cast around twice as fast as teleporting.

Oh in the name of all that is good, why would you want to wind strike to 85 I can't understand. Like the previous said, superheating is really good exp for both smithing and mage and if you can buy your natures at min price ou can profit pretty much whatever is happening market wise in relation to bar sell prices.

Most of the time mithril bars are the way to go, but iron and steel can give faster mage exp per hour for sometimes less profit or low loss. Also nature runes will buy at min GE price or you could find a p2p supplier wanting to sell quickly

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

"choosing your path is the true trial", "the most honorable dilemma"

Thanks for the input. 2.6m for 85 mage seems so good though!

OK, think of it this way-- you make 500k gp/hour doing some simple money-making method (should be no problem nowadays).

Using wind strike, it'd take you about 5 hours to fund 85 magic, and about 400 hours of training to level up to 85. Thus 85 magic will take 405 hours.

Using the lunar string amulet spell (high magic req, I know-- but I'm just using this as an example to demonstrate how poor of a decision wind strike would be), you get about 130k magic xp/hour at the cost of 5gp/xp. So if you were somehow able to train 1-85 with that spell, it'd cost you about 16M (gasp!). That's 32 hours of money-making (remember, you make 500k per hour). After you have 16M, it'd take you about 25 hours of training to get 85 magic. Thus 85 magic using string amulet would take 57 hours (32 hours of money-making and 25 hours of training).

So, in comparison, string amulet is 8x better than wind strike. You could get 99 magic with string amulet in the same time it would take you to get 78 magic with wind strike.

Keep in mind, there are also much better alternatives to string amulet which are available to you at a much lower level.

77yLQy8.png

OK, think of it this way-- you make 500k gp/hour doing some simple money-making method (should be no problem nowadays).

Using wind strike, it'd take you about 5 hours to fund 85 magic, and about 400 hours of training to level up to 85. Thus 85 magic will take 405 hours.

Using the lunar string amulet spell (high magic req, I know-- but I'm just using this as an example to demonstrate how poor of a decision wind strike would be), you get about 130k magic xp/hour at the cost of 5gp/xp. So if you were somehow able to train 1-85 with that spell, it'd cost you about 16M (gasp!). That's 32 hours of money-making (remember, you make 500k per hour). After you have 16M, it'd take you about 25 hours of training to get 85 magic. Thus 85 magic using string amulet would take 57 hours (32 hours of money-making and 25 hours of training).

So, in comparison, string amulet is 8x better than wind strike. You could get 99 magic with string amulet in the same time it would take you to get 78 magic with wind strike.

Keep in mind, there are also much better alternatives to string amulet which are available to you at a much lower level.

Anyone who ever mentions "Free Xp" should be forced to read this.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

Thanks. So now my only question is whats a good money making method for a 1 def pure. Curruntly my stats are: 40 att, 50 str, 50 ranged, 37 mage and 47 constitution. Currently i am level 61 fishing which means its fairly tough for me to make good money off of this skill atm. So any help on making money would be appreciated.

x_gimmeurgp.png

x_gimmeurgp.png

Some very good points, time spent on a cheap / free training method, versus time saved on a more expensive but faster method and time taken on your best moneymaker to pay for it.

Mining pure essence? - minimum 30 mining, lets call it 31 so you have at least an addy pick, as with a good pick and mining level, you fill a pack really quick, no hunting for rocks, no aggro with other miners!

http://www.runescoop.com/html/rs_TheRuneScoopDynamicMoneymakingGuideforRuneScape.htm

Some good info there!

NB. If you are not a site member, the prices are 3 days old, so watch out for market collapses

Actually, granite is given as the top mining method, but pure ess is better than quite a few other materials.

Making pie shells is a top method in many charts, but is vulnerable to overproduction and undersupply of the raw materials, which may make some of the earlier steps worth trying, though at the moment, you lose out a little in profit per inventory, but then, if there is no pastry dough to buy, or no pie dishes, then you have to find other sources - and hope the pie shell price also pushes upward.

Also, many of the methods suggest using either a beast of burden familiar (where there are things to be carried) or a foraging familiar to generate resources