It's so quiet in the blog. That's uncharacteristic of it - /obt/ used to be so much more. More than a blog. More than an idea. It was a nexus, a meeting of the minds (or lack thereof).

What happened to those times? This place used to resound with activity, the collaboration of a plethora of personalities mingling in unimaginable ways. And how time robs us of it. Where are the videos of parrots singing "Bodies"? What happened to the cheques presenting you with 100,000 [bleep]es? What happened to the freaky ass GIFs of Katy Perry or Charlie Chaplain masks? Where are the ALL-CAPS rants and the pictures comparing you to Jesus? And for that matter, where the hell is Brandon "Ihaschicken"? 0xpx0? Lee? Eric? Blinked out of the night sky, like burnt out husks of stars.

Let's face it, Jimi. You're not the same starry-eyed kid who picked up Runescape when he was 11. Time is cruel and merciless. You're 21 now. You've grown old. Remember the time 9 months ago, when you, with a band of your friends, formed the learning clan which has now evolved into the giant that is DGS? Growth and success has been huge for DGS, but at what cost? Remember the dungeons where we had "keyers" and "DPSers"? When Eric focused more on hitting on random girls than the floor itself? Where's Eric even gone now?

Where's everyone else gone?

Time has been cruel to you. This hive of activity has quietened down to a deathly silent shell. Everyone else has gone, taking with them the buzz that used to surround this blog. You no longer even have that much time for this game.

And yet.

And yet, despite the many obstacles in your path, you still continue to play this game. To adventure in Runescape's fantasy lands. To continue to meet and befriend new people. To further the fame of DGS as one of the best Dungeoneering Clans. And to continue to aim for that goal that you set out for when DGS was young, when you picked up your first Chaotic, when you were young.

And I applaud you for that.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Well, I wouldn't normally post, but Saradomin_Mage's post was so amazing I just had to post. Good luck! :thumbup:

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

Lol'd. I love you, Yang. If only IRL was as interesting now as it was a year ago. I'm working nearly full time and my girlfriend finally moved out, so I now have my personal space - and more importantly, my solitude - back. I should be registering for classes soon, too, and if I can get into the ones I need, I'll be just six months from being able to transfer to a university where I will finally begin to work on my future as an English progressor.

As for Runescape and dungeoneering, I've been doing quite a lot of both these past few weeks. 120 is so close now, and I'm guaranteed to get it this weekend. DGS made it through the slump of October and has been going strong for a few weeks now, much to my delight. We're still #3 in the game for dungeoneering experience, but we're about to be bumped down to #6 for total experience by a skilling/citadel clan. And speaking of citadels, we're the highest ranked clan with a t1 citadel.

And speaking of DGS, I'm extremely proud of the progress we've made - not only in furthering the dungeoneering metagame, but in helping to teach a legion of dungeoneers to break their shackles and sweep dungeons like they'd never dreamed of. What most people don't realize is that 30 minute floors are simply a reflection of the team's lack of knowledge. It has very little to do with APM or moving quickly - it's simply knowing how to get every path and branch open in a systematically efficient way. People who are satisfied with 30 minute floors would be equally satisfied with 20 minute floors if they knew it required the same amount of relative effort. I love taking brand new members of DGS on 15 minute floors and seeing their reactions at having just done a floor four times faster than they've ever experienced. But more than that, I love how they themselves are able to contribute to doing those kinds of floors in just a couple months of being with us.

I feel that DGS is definitely moving into it's Golden Age, so to speak. We're nearly done with our various guides that will be used to train inexperienced dungeoneers in a much more efficient manner than what happens currently. I definitely recommend DGS to anyone who wishes to truly learn the ins and outs of dungeoneering. Go ahead and post a guest application - you don't have to join the clan chat right away, or ever, but I definitely hope that you'll want to. Once you go black DGS, you never go back.

Current DGS stats:

- 191 members.

- Average dungeoneering level of 101.

- 21 members with 120 dungeoneering.

- Ranked #5 for total exp.

- Ranked #3 for dungeoneering exp.

- Five of our members currently hold the record for fastest complete floor ever.

- Floors going on at all hours of the day.

- Active in-game and forum community with advice from the pros whenever you need it.

As for myself and 120, I'll be playing around with primal plate, sagiattarian body, and maybe even primal maul for the l0lz. I'll definitely be working towards 200m exp, too.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

What's the record?

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Obt, your post just motivated me to go further than I planned when I start to dg again in the upcoming weeks. I know I haven't been dging at all in the past few months, but I want to change that. I've been in the clan since the beginning of summer, longer than most active dgsers. My level is only 86 and I hate that I put off dging for so long. I could be so much further than I am.

When I dged during the summer I was decent at pathing and knew enough in terms of dps and tricks to get by. My biggest weakness has been map reading and I never really tried to get better at it. I considered the idea of applying for keyer/wingman in the upcoming months, but I know now that I want to. I intend to focus a lot more on improving my map reading abilities so I can take the step up to keying my own floors and eventually getting a rank.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

40geH.png

uiQVI.png

Nice nice. Imo, first one's better because of all the bonus rooms, but... wow. That's bloody impressive.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

Hot damn, 8:48...

I wonder how quick a guide mode large (no bonus) would take.

Eh... it'd probably be pretty damn fast, but it wouldn't take that much skill. Guide mode is designed so you don't get distracted by bonus rooms unless you want to.

Unless it sped up the floor enough that the exp lost was countered by the exp/h (i.e. the speed of the floor.)

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

obt i miss you

no homo bromo

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

NEEDS MOAR SPAM

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

I'm going to get 120 tomorrow most likely. I could get it tonight, but I'm spending the night at Kelsie's place. Black Friday was [bleep]ing retarded and I hope I never have to do that again.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

If you ever need Construction or Smithing effigy assists, I am your man.

NO I AM

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

He got 120 over like 10 minutes ago lol.

GRATZ ON 120 DG OBT@@@

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png