Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Metal Thread

• Please log in to reply
459 replies to this topic

Makkaravelho
[ Display Name History ]

Makkaravelho

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Makkaravelho
  • Clan:The Total F2P Skillers
I'll post my old band's old song here for all you critics ;) I am on lead guitar. We play death metal. 'nuf said.

http://picosong.com/Kdn/

My words, but a whisper - your deafness, a shout.

-

If the future's looking dark, we're the ones who have to shine. If there's no one in control, we're the ones who draw the line

-

Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand.

Jernlov
[ Display Name History ]

Jernlov

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,171 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

Forever Alone: The Album

but I can't get enough. I relate a little too much.

AppleShampoo
[ Display Name History ]

AppleShampoo

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:AppleShampew

I listen to most kinds of metal, and consider my taste in music quite diverse.
Any one hear Wretched - The Exodus Of Autonomy from last year? Critics were split on whether the album was any good, half said it was, half said it wasn't. i thought it was brillliant, and really enjoyed listening to it.
Which albums are you guys looking forward to from the rest of this year?
So far this year theres been some good and some bad albums. I was not impressed with Dark Tranquility's album, but loved Solution .45s.

Thanks, haha. I played bass in Wretched for a few years. We started as a band called And Since Forgotten in high school then changed the name to Wretched a little before we signed to Victory Records.

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

Omar
[ Display Name History ]

Omar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,722 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Americana doom metal.
Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can
Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?
Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?
Camera guy: still laughing
Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy
Camera guy: runs away still laughing
Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down
Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!
Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

champion
[ Display Name History ]

champion

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,176 posts
I guess this metal thread is as good of a place to post this as anywhere else. Anyone want to recommend me some hardcore punk bands they like? I've been getting into the genre a lot lately and I'd be interested to see if any of you guys have any favorites. I like hardcore to have at least a little bit of a melody to it, but I still like it loud and not overly sing-songy.

Omar
[ Display Name History ]

Omar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,722 posts
D.R.I. - Dealing With It

Discharge - Hear Nothing Say Nothing See Nothing

Might want to ask TheDefiniteArticle, he's into hardcore as well. I grabbed these from a blog he participates in.
Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can
Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?
Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?
Camera guy: still laughing
Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy
Camera guy: runs away still laughing
Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down
Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!
Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Black_Zabbeth
[ Display Name History ]

Black_Zabbeth

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Halo Man311
I'm not a big fan of Metal, though I've been getting into this band recently, Arsenite... Other than that, I listen to some of 80's Thrash.
Posted Image

gago
[ Display Name History ]

gago

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 947 posts
  • RSN:gago
  • RSN2:GAG0
80s Thrash is awesome :)

EDIT: Arsonite sound great.

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

Stats

Kalphite
[ Display Name History ]

Kalphite

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,231 posts
  • RSN:kalphiteman4

I guess this metal thread is as good of a place to post this as anywhere else. Anyone want to recommend me some hardcore punk bands they like? I've been getting into the genre a lot lately and I'd be interested to see if any of you guys have any favorites. I like hardcore to have at least a little bit of a melody to it, but I still like it loud and not overly sing-songy.

If you're looking for Hardcore:

Modern Life is War - Witness
La Dispute - Wildlife
Touche Amore - To the Beat of a Dead Horse
Defeater - Travels
Departures - When Losing Everything is Everything You Wanted
More Than Life - Love Let Me Go
Gallows - Grey Britain
Manners - Apparitions
Low Threat profile - Product #2
Weekend Nachos - Worthless
Until Your Heart Stops - Errors

All are fantastic albums, should keep you busy for a while.

Bon666
[ Display Name History ]

Bon666

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 2 posts

Haha, I posted that a year ago. I listen to quite a lot of metal bands now. Mastodon is good, not too keen on iwrestledabearonce though.

their latest album is amazing.

topham
[ Display Name History ]

topham

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • RSN:Punk Man666
It has been a while since I posted, and a lot has happened in the world of heavy metal.
Now my favourite albums recently have been very varied.
Woods of Ypres - Woods V: Grey Skies and Electric Light. I absolutely love the album, but theres such a tragic story behind it.

World Under Blood - Tatical. Insane speed Melo-Death. Pretty amazing and technical, great CKY vibe to it, probably due to Deron Miller being the frontman.

Tesseract - One. Yes, such awesome rhythms and incredible music really. Shame that Dan Tompkins left, but that just lead to him singing for Skyharbor. Who also I enjoy listening to.

Theres so much more but got things to do.
Who likes Steel Panther?
Peace -x-

-Destroy Topham-

Posted Image
Posted Image

Sgt Malarkey
[ Display Name History ]

Sgt Malarkey

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • RSN:I Am Moses 2
If you enjoy Tesseract you should check out Periphery and Chimpspanner, they'd be right up your street.

Anyone do any festivals or see anyone recently? I went to Hellfest last month and saw the likes of Yob, Big Business, Nasum, Refused, Machine Head, Shining (swe), Amenra, Discharge, Victims and many more. Yesterday I saw a small but upcoming stoner metal/70's prog rock band called Turbowolf who are fantastic. Imagine Orange Goblin meets Graveyard and you've got a pretty good idea of what they're like.

Also, any UK cats in here should check out and get themselves to Damnation Festival in November, will be nuts!
Posted Image

topham
[ Display Name History ]

topham

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 217 posts
Yeah, I've got both of Peripherys albums, not the Icarus lives EP though, and 2 of Chimpspanners albums. I got Skyharbors album this weekend and its very good. I also purchased Uneven Structures album Februus as well. I think it's the better of the two albums I got.

Recently I've also got really into tech-death, well more so than usual. I got the latest Nile release, At The Gates of Sethu, but missed the previous one and am intending to get it soon. Gorod put out one of the best albums I've heard this year with The Perfect Absolution. I've also been looking forward to get Allegaeons latest, but accidentally ordered there first CD, although thats ok, because that album is incredible too.

Last month I went to Download festival. It was pretty cool. I got to see Furyon do an acoustic set, and it was wicked. Also, got to see Jesse Leach back with Killswitch, which was awesome. Periphery also kicked ass, but Black Sabbath were just so Awesome, even better than 2005.
I really want to go to Bloodstock this year, but I'm not sure if anyone I know wants to go at all.

Has anyone heard any Sigh? Crazy Japanese band. Very good album out this year, In Somniphobia.
Did anyone hear Slash's latest album? I think it was pretty cool, and Myles Kennedy gives the vocals a beasting.
Does anyone check out any Podcasts or read any decent blogs? I listen to the metal cast, which is interesting, but I don't know of any others. I also read things like Heavy Blog is Heavy and Angry Metal Guy. Peripherys latest album caused quite a stir on AMG.

Peace -x-

-Destroy Topham-

Posted Image
Posted Image

Sgt Malarkey
[ Display Name History ]

Sgt Malarkey

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 24 posts
I've seen Sigh twice, at Damnation 2008 and at Hellfest 2009. The lass is just ridiculous good looking and the nutcase on vocals is brilliant, although I didn't quite get the point he was making when he burnt a bible on stage but ah well, each to their own.

Bloodstock is a great little festival, they've got a fantastic line up this year.

If you enjoyed Nile, you should check out Necrophagist's Epitaph, The Faceless' Planetary Duality, Obscura's Omnivium and to a lesser extent Bloodbath's Nightmare Made Flesh.
Posted Image

topham
[ Display Name History ]

topham

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 217 posts
Yeah she is...

I've got Epitaph and Planetary Duality, Omnivium is on my list of albums to get too.

Yeah, I think the Bloodstock line up for this year is incredible. There are bands on the support stages that I wanna see, and I really hope there aren't any timing conflicts.

Not sure if this is metal, mainly because its a mad mix of so many different things:

I've been impressed recently with the strength of the Basick Records line up, and the bands they've signed, and also Sumerian Records.
I'm awaiting the debut album from The Haarp Machine, based on the one video I've watched, and the other tracks that were available to listen to, I've got something very decent to look forward too, although there hasn't been any substantial updates about the band really.

Is it just me or was Alcest - Les Voyages De L'Ame really over hyped and reviewed too positively? Maybe I've not listened to it enough times, but nothing really stands out to me as incredible and worthy of a place on a top 10 or so list of the year...

-Destroy Topham-

Posted Image
Posted Image

champion
[ Display Name History ]

champion

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,176 posts
Posted Image

October 9th!

Sgt Malarkey
[ Display Name History ]

Sgt Malarkey

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 24 posts
I'm going to explode everywhere when that record hits. I hate how expensive BTBAM vinyl is/can be :(

@Topham I haven't given the new Alcest record enough spins to truly give my view on it but Alcest were brilliant at Hellfest, the whole set was just sensational.
Posted Image

JoWie
[ Display Name History ]

JoWie

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 38 posts
Sad to see Jon Lord go (deep purple):

I am excited about the upcoming new album of Withcraft. Old song:

"The more persistence a game tries to have; the longer it is set up to last; the greater number (and broader variety) of people it tries to attract; and in general the more immersive a game/world it set out to be--then the more breadth and depth of human experience it needs to support to be successful for more than say, 12-24 months. If you try to create a deeply immersive, broadly appealing, long-lasting world that does not adequately provide for human tendencies such as violence, acquisition, justice, family, community, exploration, etc (and I would contend we are nowhere close to doing this), you will see two results: first, individuals in the population will begin to display a wide range of fairly predictable socially pathological behaviors (including general malaise, complaining, excessive bullying and/or PKing, harassment, territoriality, inappropriate aggression, and open rebellion against those who run the game); and second, people will eventually vote with their feet--but only after having passionately cast 'a pox on both your houses.' In essence, if you set people up for an experience they deeply crave (and mostly cannot find in real life) and then don't deliver, they will become like spurned lovers--somebecome sullen and aggressive or neurotic, and eventually almost all leave."
Mike Sellers' Hypothesis

topham
[ Display Name History ]

topham

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 217 posts

I'm looking forward to them at Bloodstock, and I have a feeling I'm missing some depth from the album, so am due to listen to it again soon.

I'm not sure if I want to hear the new Agonist album or not, theres been some strange mixed reviews of it, but I loved their first 2, so I should enjoy the latest.

-Destroy Topham-

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users