The Metal Thread

Asmodeous4

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any recommendations for something similar to Warning (post #348)? I like the idea of doom metal but growling isn't my cup of tea. Something as sad as possible, bonus points for being very melodic.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Any recommendations for something similar to Warning (post #348)? I like the idea of doom metal but growling isn't my cup of tea. Something as sad as possible, bonus points for being very melodic.

I really have no idea. The closest thing I can think of right now is YOB.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Thanks, I'll check them out later.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Yeah. I dont think it's exactly what you're looking for. But it's the closest I have in my library.

Also, I'm not sure what I would classify it as, but you might like Om. They are two members of the great doom metal band Sleep.

I really enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAXNBS2sEeg

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

possibly my favourite song at the moment.

I don't know about anyone else, but anthrax sound very similar to what I'd expect an american version of Iron maiden to sound like.

great band for those who havent listened yet.

'Spreading the disease' is by far one of my favourite albums ever.

I just bought tickets to go see CoB in london in april with Ensiferum, Amon Amarth and Machinae Supremacy. It'll be amazing.

Anyway, been a while since I posted, or had access to the internet, probably one of my favourite bands:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL2Nzvh67XE

Also, Nevermore were confirmed for Bloodstock, so I'm going there instead of seeing them supporting symphony x.

Nevermore!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CVwNkVKx74

-Destroy Topham-

Punk_Man666.png

Punk_man666.png

any brits seen the Latest episode of Skins? what're you opinions on how it portrayed Metal to be?

Care explaining how it portrayed metal?

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

It portrayed the average metalhead to be a social [developmentally delayed] whose only interest was music, had no friends, would listen to metal at a party through earphones while everyone else listened to music.

Just, the poeple that didnt like metal before would not stand it now.

also, random slayer-esque music between each scene or at each point of interest

It portrayed the average metalhead to be a social [developmentally delayed] whose only interest was music, had no friends, would listen to metal at a party through earphones while everyone else listened to music.

:wall:

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

:wall:

It sounds completely accurate, if you ask me. Metalheads are totally like that and not just people that like metal music.

I'm assuming parody or satire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVAQQujgSxQ&feature=related

Amon Amarth's "War of the Gods" from their album, "Surtur Rising". CD release March 29th, 2011.

A question out of random interest: What are your thoughts on Glam metal/hair metal?

^I'm guilty of some hair/glam metal....... Twisted Sister, W.A.S.P, Motley Crue, Quiet Riot......

arcy777-2.jpg
arcsig.jpg
2001-2006 the fourth and last legit 123 on classic
123 classic/137 rs2 Native American Pride