The Metal Thread

Asmodeous4

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard the new Maiden album.

It is quite ok, about the same as AMOLAD in my opinion, around a 7. The only thing that stands out is El Dorado, i don't like the song at all. Otherwise it's quite enjoyable, will take a few listenings to get used to tho.

A few things: It's funny to discuss Maiden with people on the internet, it's not very PC to criticize Maiden. Everything they do is great it seems. Don't get me wrong, it's my favorite band since i first discovered them 12 years ago. But everything is almost hailed as "great". Oh well...

And i should really start a subscription on a metal magazine again, i don't really follow the news much anymore, haven't been walking around expecting this album very much. I don't like Blabbermouth, the website is so [cabbage]ty designed that it annoys the [cabbage] out of me, so you get a bit starved of news.

Lol epic bump quote but I have to agree. El Dorado is just a lame song but other than that I quite like the album. It's at least as good an album as AMOLAD and better then DOD. Satellite 15 is an awesome song though, crazy shivers listening to that.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

If you've never been to a GWAR concert, I would definitely recommend it. Their music isn't really anything special, but they put on one helluva show. There's nothing like getting a bucketful of fake blood poured on you by Oderus Urungus himself.

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

Bullet for my Valentine is no longer metal, if they ever were.

I heard an Otep song for the first time on the radio: Warhead. :thumbup:

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

Just found out that Angra has a new album.

Cool.

I remember their "Rebirth" album being really good. Funny enough it really was their rebirth, their early material really sucks lol.

Because my History of Rock class is focused on the Beatles at the moment...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMfkVGCU_BA

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

Bullet for my Valentine is no longer metal, if they ever were.

I heard an Otep song for the first time on the radio: Warhead. :thumbup:

And Otep is?

Awesome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otep

Wikipedia is wrong, though: she calls it artcore, and I know it's not heavy metal.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Sorry, I believe that I have made an error in communicating what I meant:

I feel that there is a distinction between metal (Otep, LOG, Heaven Shall Burn) and heavy metal (Pantera, Black Sabbath, Coal Chamber, Maiden). It's not a perfect distinction, but it helps to avoid some of the issues that arise when you consider bands like Disturbed metal. It's not; it's hard rock/post grunge.... all I know is that it isn't metal.

I admit that part of my distaste for BFMV is the fact that they are seen to represent metal, when really they're just rock with some screams and whammy bar thrown in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6NIrNDDHsY&feature=youtube_gdata

The music video? Yes, they all are.

If your statement was concerning the song, then is it safe to assume you sit in the BFMV/Rise Against/Dragonforce camp?

Video of 2001 slayer, way past their prime and off a terrible album. I don't get why slayer is still so highly regarded, okay they kind of invented thrash but if you look at it objectively they only really produced good albums in their first 10 years or something

2dvjurb.png