The Metal Thread

Asmodeous4

I love Serj Tankian. His voice, his use of big words, his style. SOAD is alright, I like some of their songs, but I like his solo career more. Empty Walls is pretty epic too.

You and me both. Just today I was talking about who I'd have in a band together. I had Serj as vocalist (Todd Smith for some songs XD) and Tom Morello on guitar. I thought maybe Mike Portnoy on drums, but that's probably 'cause he's the only drummer I know, haha.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Melvinkooi

I got The Faceless' album about a week after it came out, and it's wicked. Although, that track is easily the best track on the album.

So soon for the release of Kamelots new album, I'm proper excited, and the first track has Bjorn Strid on it, who is by far my favourite vocalist.

Speaking of Bjorn Strid, does anyone listen to Disarmonia Mundi? They have some albums out that are incredible, and Bjorn does a lot of guest vocals for them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYxxfZ8XXBg

Here's a good track by them, not the best, but not bad by any means.

Also, does anyone happen to know when Tactical by World Under Blood is coming out? I've been looking forward to that album for about a year now, and there hasn't been a specific date put on it, but by the bands own words it should be out by the end of the year.

I do listen, it's my favourite band for a long time :) (almost 1 year)

Here is some good melodeath/industrial metal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reC1Ta-FMKE

• 2 weeks later...

Which Tyr album? I prefer their more recent one, By The Light Of the Northern Star, but Land was also brillliant.

I'm currently waiting on Poetry for the Poisoned to be delivered to me, which I am very excited about.

-Destroy Topham-

Punk_Man666.png

Punk_man666.png

Which Tyr album? I prefer their more recent one, By The Light Of the Northern Star, but Land was also brillliant.

I'm currently waiting on Poetry for the Poisoned to be delivered to me, which I am very excited about.

I started with By the Light of the Northern Star, but I got the rest, perhaps for teh lulz mixed in with the good music.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Currently I'm listening to Miseration sporadically, but I can't make out whether they are any good or not. They're another of Christian Alvestams bands, usually pretty good music put out, but I'm unsure of this band.

Oh well.

Today I've been listening to 5 Finger Death Punch, and am completely loving both their albums, also just listened to The Panic Broadcast for the 14th time since getting it, I really can't get enough of that album.

Did anyone happen to hear Order of the Black by Black Label Society? I'm considering getting it when I get home, but I'm unsure as I don't feel confident in the reviews I've read of it, as they seem to be very varied. I'm a fan of BLS so if its anything like their previous efforts without sounding like their just replicating then I'd enjoy it.

As for Dream Theater losing Mike Portnoy, I don't know how it'll affect the band, but my favourite album is Images and Words. I think the way they considered they 'evolved' pushed them way too far away from their original sound, which in my opinion was a step in the wrong direction. And as much as I enjoy their newer albums, I think the earlier albums (avoiding the era with Derek Sherinian) were much better.

And has anyone else heard anything from Demon Hunter? I know they're a Christian metal band, so I'm a little skeptical of their lyrics, but I enjoyed the track that Bjorn Strid guested on.

-Destroy Topham-

Punk_Man666.png

Punk_man666.png

And has anyone else heard anything from Demon Hunter? I know they're a Christian metal band, so I'm a little skeptical of their lyrics, but I enjoyed the track that Bjorn Strid guested on.

Im not christian, and have all of demon hunters sogs on my mp3 player. They dont 'preach' and all that, they just sing.

Cool, thanks guys. I'm not one to really listen to, or understand lyrics, I appreciate well thought out melodies more.

Currently listening to Solution .45, their album is good, found out more about Miseration, as much as Jani Stefanovic, who worked on Solution .45s album with Alvestam, also works on Miserations albums with Alvestam, but the music is more straight up death metal, than melodic, but you can hear Alvestams influence in the music and lyrics.

I found out about both Demon Hunter and Miseration within about 5 mins of one another as I'm a fiend for just clicking links on wikipedia to see where I get to and tracking my results, and Alvestam appears on Demon Hunters latest.

Its all interconnected, which to me is crazy, but gives me lots of joy as I uncover more and more bands and more and more music that I can listen to.

-Destroy Topham-

Punk_Man666.png

Punk_man666.png

I haven't really gone searching for many new metal bands/albums, but my favourite album this year would have to be Sabaton's Coat of Arms. <3 them.

A friend of mine introduced me to Sabaton recently. Excellent stuff.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I found out about both Demon Hunter and Miseration within about 5 mins of one another as I'm a fiend for just clicking links on wikipedia to see where I get to and tracking my results, and Alvestam appears on Demon Hunters latest.

Its all interconnected, which to me is crazy, but gives me lots of joy as I uncover more and more bands and more and more music that I can listen to.

yea, its cool to know that a band you listen to has worked with other bands that sound just as cool. its a cycle of awesome. I actually uncovered Christian A. the opposite way, through the 'just breathe' song. Good stuff.