Wildy

ccesssu

Sorry if I sound like a nub, but I haven't been updated with all the new pking things (since Wildy=pk) since I haven't played since...2007 or 2008.

But now there are worlds where you can't go anywhere but wildy and pk. If they can do this on a few "pk" worlds, why doesn't Jagex just put this in every world, essentially old pk system except for the drop system.

I mean it'd be simpler, just curious why they can't (or won't) do this

Because if you confine it to just a few worlds, then that makes the wildy more populated. If it were on every world, finding a fight would be slightly more difficult.

Because with the removal of the wilderness ages ago, and replacing PK'ers with the easier to deal with Revenants, Jagex has actually added content to the wilderness. There's actually two wilderness quests now! Imagine how much of a pain that would be, your in the middle of a quest and someone PK's you. There's 3 activities located in the wilderness - Fist of Guthix (which has a bank at least), Stealing Creation (where you aren't supposed to bring items) and Clan Wars. In F2P, the only way to get to clan wars is to run through the wilderness. It would kinda suck if you could get pk'ed on your way there. (For the record, Clan Wars is a SAFE mini-game. Unless you enter the dangerous area. But I'm pretty sure most people don't.)

And what the other two posters said. Confine it to a few world, easier to find fights, slightly harder to abuse the system. And people are, sadly, used to the relative safety of the "new" wilderness. I recall someone ranting about Revenants before - he was asked if he'd rather deal with a Revenant or a pk'er. "Of course I'd rather deal with a PK'er, because they're limited to PVP worlds and I don't go on those worlds!" (Paraphrased, but you should get the picture.)

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Because with the removal of the wilderness ages ago, and replacing PK'ers with the easier to deal with Revenants, Jagex has actually added content to the wilderness. There's actually two wilderness quests now! Imagine how much of a pain that would be, your in the middle of a quest and someone PK's you. There's 3 activities located in the wilderness - Fist of Guthix (which has a bank at least), Stealing Creation (where you aren't supposed to bring items) and Clan Wars. In F2P, the only way to get to clan wars is to run through the wilderness. It would kinda suck if you could get pk'ed on your way there. (For the record, Clan Wars is a SAFE mini-game. Unless you enter the dangerous area. But I'm pretty sure most people don't.)

And what the other two posters said. Confine it to a few world, easier to find fights, slightly harder to abuse the system. And people are, sadly, used to the relative safety of the "new" wilderness. I recall someone ranting about Revenants before - he was asked if he'd rather deal with a Revenant or a pk'er. "Of course I'd rather deal with a PK'er, because they're limited to PVP worlds and I don't go on those worlds!" (Paraphrased, but you should get the picture.)

As someone who started playing in early 01 when pking was everywhere, I can tell you that getting killed 3 times while attempting Cook's Assistant was really not fun at all.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

Imagine how much of a pain that would be, your in the middle of a quest and someone PK's you.

Yeah, 'cuz who would ever think about making the wild dangerous?

Anyway, the whole "if you make it so people can PK on every world it'll be harder to find fights and/or abuse the system" is a cop-out. The first because PK'ers tend to gather on a specific world to PK, as was the case before PK designated world. This wouldn't change if PK'ing was made available on every world. The only thing that would change is that you'd now have a few stragglers out PK'ing on the non-designated PK worlds. The vast majority of PK'ers would still PK on, say, world 18. The second because you can easily abuse the system right now, if you so choose (By that, I mean 76K'ing), without breaking so much as a sweat. Really, there's no reason not to do this except for the fact that some people like being able to run around the wilderness with very little risk posed to themselves.

Edit: And, totally off-topic, I'd rather the old wilderness with the old drop system back.

Like others, I think many players don't like to pk nor be forced into the situation via skill or quest requirements. Player killing is a fun time for some people, and Jagex is accommodating them. However, aside from Brawler Gloves (that you must get from Pk'ing anyway), Jagex is not tempting skillers into a PK area anymore and that's good.

Now if only Jagex will change the PK worlds to encourage everyone to keep killing each other more. Perhaps:

1. Let people that carry 76k, are in an area that lets you attack them, and have not been one of your last 30 victims appear as purple on your radar and their skull appears purple over their head. Killing these guys nets you 50k gp no matter your EP level. This encourages killing easy targets for quick cash.

2. You only earn EP in areas with people on your radar (the more and the more varied people on your radar, the faster you get EP). This discourages finding safe spots.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Because if you confine it to just a few worlds, then that makes the wildy more populated. If it were on every world, finding a fight would be slightly more difficult.
Although it may seem like that is the answer, it's wrong. In actuality, because fewer worlds exist, significantly fewer players venture into these worlds due to top clans that control the Wilderness and the fact that Jagex has made these worlds more intimidating with all the warnings.

In the old Wilderness, clans would be guaranteed to run into soloers or smaller clans and teams. Nowadays, this rarely happens.

This is the reason why small clans (less than pulls of 25) these days die out faster than before since they're restricted to CWA.

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

Imagine how much of a pain that would be, your in the middle of a quest and someone PK's you.

Yeah, 'cuz who would ever think about making the wild dangerous?

Anyway, the whole "if you make it so people can PK on every world it'll be harder to find fights and/or abuse the system" is a cop-out. The first because PK'ers tend to gather on a specific world to PK, as was the case before PK designated world. This wouldn't change if PK'ing was made available on every world. The only thing that would change is that you'd now have a few stragglers out PK'ing on the non-designated PK worlds. The vast majority of PK'ers would still PK on, say, world 18. The second because you can easily abuse the system right now, if you so choose (By that, I mean 76K'ing), without breaking so much as a sweat. Really, there's no reason not to do this except for the fact that some people like being able to run around the wilderness with very little risk posed to themselves.

Edit: And, totally off-topic, I'd rather the old wilderness with the old drop system back.

You just contradicted yourself. What's the point of adding PK'ing back to every world if the majority of players stick to one world anyway? With that outlook, I could say that the only reason you really want PK'ing back on every world is simply so you can irritate players who don't PK and are just trying to reach a minigame or to do a quest.

Sylpheed.png