Oh look! A player mod! He must be a jerk and reports people all the time!

PuppyKing

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have legitimate reasons to distrust mods.

In April of 2008, I was permanently muted. I looked over the rules, I looked them over again, and I looked them over a third time. I broke no rules. The statement I made was (jokingly) "lol Usa owns Aussie." Guess what cretin was standing next to the the people I was "arguing" with and I? Oh, a mod (who just so happened to be Australian). So I had the normal reaction when I received an inbox notification. I sent in a 2 paragraph appeal. Five SECONDS after I hit the send button, my appeal was rejected. FIVE SECONDS. Combine power abusing p mods with Jagex's 50/50 appeal-acceptance-system, and you have a disaster waiting to happen. (Side-note: Someone got away with saying their dog jumped on the keyboard and typed obscenities). Maybe if Jagex actually read appeals REGARDLESS of who reported whom, then I wouldn't care.

Secondly, despite the Disruptive Behavior rule ONLY referring to spamming and/or flooding the chat window, I am reported for it on a daily basis (despite NEVER spamming or flooding the chat window). I can be firemaking in the same two "spots" for hours on end, and an individual will still insist on taking my spot. In that instance, I plant flowers all around, forcing them to leave or wait. The individuals (including at least three mods I have encountered) always report me for Disruptive Behavior. So far I have a grand total of 0 blackmarks for this offense (or any others anymore). It's sad that even the mods don't actually know the rules that they're meant to enforce.

There's all of the "evidence" you've been asking for. I have met five cool mods in my 6 years on RuneScape. The rest have been power abusing, overall jerks, and/or clueless of the rules. While not all mods are those characteristics, the majority that I have encountered are one or more of those traits.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato