Oh look! A player mod! He must be a jerk and reports people all the time!

PuppyKing

Howdy.

I log in to cut some ivys, because thats what I do. I see some other people chopping there, so I say hello. Some guy starts ranting about how he got banned years ago, and starts telling the other ivy cutters to stop talking, because the jerk player mod is a power hungry [Dude] who reports willie nillie. I consider myself a pretty nice guy, and I have never reported many people, so I took offense.

Thus concludes my rant. Thank you for your time. :smile:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luckily they're a minority, as loud as they are.

Personally I just use sarcasm/humor. You're not convincing that guy, but the others there might get a laugh out of it.

They might be a minority, but glancing around the rants forum, they sure are LOUD.

But you're right, sarcasm/humour usually frustrates the guy, making him start spouting profanities and screaming at you. That's when you click the 'report' button and add him to your ignore list.

In the case in the OP it's probably safe to assume that the guy isn't mad at the mod in question, but the fact that he was punished. And since mods are really the only visible authority figure ingame, that's who he's going to rage against.

A good number of players have no idea what mods actually do.

I dislike the majority of player moderators for one reason: The majority of them aren't even good at moderating, AND, they don't even care.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I dislike the majority of player moderators for one reason: The majority of them aren't even good at moderating, AND, they don't even care.

Player moderators are players first, moderators second.. doesn't mean they need to be on the lookout constantly for things to be moderated >_>

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Player moderators are players first, moderators second.. doesn't mean they need to be on the lookout constantly for things to be moderated >_>

Yh not what I meant. Overall I like mods I guess (on a personal level) but their all around usefulness is something I've never seen. I mean yea they can mute people, but they rarely do.

100618135229z.png

made me laugh

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

Player mods are like spies working for jagex. I don't talk to them, If they have no reason to take action, no action is taken. I've never broken any jagex rules, though.

Tbh, they seem to like reporting people, so don't talk near them. They aren't all report-lunatics though.

This is the kind of thing I was talking about :lol:

There is some truth in stereotypes. You may be a nice guy but there are tons of players who report en mass to get that silver crown.

Yes its like any racial stereotype that is offensive to the people who are of that race but dont fit the stereotype, but sorry a few jackasses make everyone look bad, just how it is.

We have stereotypes not because of a few, but because they apply to the majority :thumbup:

There is some truth in stereotypes. You may be a nice guy but there are tons of players who report en mass to get that silver crown.

Yes its like any racial stereotype that is offensive to the people who are of that race but dont fit the stereotype, but sorry a few jackasses make everyone look bad, just how it is.

We have stereotypes not because of a few, but because they apply to the majority :thumbup:

I could give examples to disprove you but I don't want to come off as racist. I will say that stereotypes aren't a result of applying traits of a majority on to a whole (which is still inaccurate), they're a result of applying the traits of the most visible part to the whole. And the most visible part is frequently the worst part.

This.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

I could give examples to disprove you but I don't want to come off as racist. I will say that stereotypes aren't a result of applying traits of a majority on to a whole (which is still inaccurate), they're a result of applying the traits of the most visible part to the whole. And the most visible part is frequently the worst part.

I'm interested in how a player could become a mod without ever reporting one player. Imo its not a stereotype. Its simply fact. I can say with 100% certainty that the VAST majority, if not all player mods reported people to get that position.

Also, I remember something some guy above said about playing>modding. If this is the case that person is clearly not responsible enough to be a player moderator. By picking to be a mod, you voluntarily agree to sacrifice some of your time, some of your fun. This is a major problem I see with pmods. After getting it, they are suddenly too busy for their jobs, or simply don't care. If they cannot spend some time actually modding actively, they simply don't deserve the title. I superheat at the GE a lot. Even on crowded worlds, I can see that there are Pmods there, yet almost all don't even look at the autotyping merch clan advertisers. Kinda bothers me how little effort is put into modding after the crown.

Anyways, I disliked the idea of Pmods from the beginning. While I don't condone illegal activity, too many people are reporting for light offenses just to get that silver crown. I've had friends reported and muted for telling me to come to tip.it to check out a map. I've been banned for macroing because I'm actually over the age of 13, and I can in fact type fast.

Kinda saddens me. Back in RSC and before this crap I could swear lightly in front of friends to express frustration and anger. In this age its watch your mini map closely for any sign of a white dot.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Plus they must've reported a good few people to become one, and reporting people makes you an [wagon].

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

I'm interested in how a player could become a mod without ever reporting one player. Imo its not a stereotype. Its simply fact. I can say with 100% certainty that the VAST majority, if not all player mods reported people to get that position.

If this is a fact would you mind citing a source for it? To me it's the same baseless bull[cabbage] assertion that all mods are report-happy freaks by people who have no clue what they're talking about.

Also, I remember something some guy above said about playing>modding. If this is the case that person is clearly not responsible enough to be a player moderator. By picking to be a mod, you voluntarily agree to sacrifice some of your time, some of your fun. This is a major problem I see with pmods. After getting it, they are suddenly too busy for their jobs, or simply don't care. If they cannot spend some time actually modding actively, they simply don't deserve the title. I superheat at the GE a lot. Even on crowded worlds, I can see that there are Pmods there, yet almost all don't even look at the autotyping merch clan advertisers. Kinda bothers me how little effort is put into modding after the crown.

So, damned if we do, damned if we don't. Apparently It's bad to report players, but at the same time a mod that actually plays the game is unfit to be a mod. Let's ignore the fact that there are a lot of rules surrounding the mute feature... For a while we actually weren't allowed to mute those guys, so shouldn't you be blaming Jagex for that one?

Anyways, I disliked the idea of Pmods from the beginning. While I don't condone illegal activity, too many people are reporting for light offenses just to get that silver crown. I've had friends reported and muted for telling me to come to tip.it to check out a map. I've been banned for macroing because I'm actually over the age of 13, and I can in fact type fast.

Kinda saddens me. Back in RSC and before this crap I could swear lightly in front of friends to express frustration and anger. In this age its watch your mini map closely for any sign of a white dot.

A thing that many people miss is that everybody's account comes with a working report button. Again, it sounds like this is venting frustration at a ban/mute by railing against mods. Other people can report you, too, you know, and if you'd like to make an absurd ass-pull statement about how people only report to become mods I'm going to ignore you.

Every Tip.It discussion about mods makes hate the board a little more...

To... whoever a previous commenter is. So I should stop talking to a friend of mine that got me interested in playing on RuneScape just because she's become a PMod since then? Good to know. /sarcasm

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

Plus they must've reported a good few people to become one, and reporting people makes you an [wagon].

lmao this guy crashed me at bandos, and wouldn't talk OR ANYTHING. He was just silent. So I reported him for botting.

That was like 9 months ago (octoberish), and he still shows up on highscores.

If this is a fact would you mind citing a source for it? To me it's the same baseless bull[cabbage] assertion that all mods are report-happy freaks by people who have no clue what they're talking about.

So, damned if we do, damned if we don't. Apparently It's bad to report players, but at the same time a mod that actually plays the game is unfit to be a mod. Let's ignore the fact that there are a lot of rules surrounding the mute feature... For a while we actually weren't allowed to mute those guys, so shouldn't you be blaming Jagex for that one?

A thing that many people miss is that everybody's account comes with a working report button. Again, it sounds like this is venting frustration at a ban/mute by railing against mods. Other people can report you, too, you know, and if you'd like to make an absurd ass-pull statement about how people only report to become mods I'm going to ignore you.

Every Tip.It discussion about mods makes hate the board a little more...

I still luv you :(

lmao this guy crashed me at bandos, and wouldn't talk OR ANYTHING. He was just silent. So I reported him for botting.

Bots can PvM now? And maybe he wasn't botting, he could just be focused on staying alive and couldn't be bothered to type a message out to you. Or he could have his Pub chat off so when he crashes people, he doesn't have to listen to them yell at him/ask him to leave/accuse him of botting.

Bots can PvM now? And maybe he wasn't botting, he could just be focused on staying alive and couldn't be bothered to type a message out to you. Or he could have his Pub chat off so when he crashes people, he doesn't have to listen to them yell at him/ask him to leave/accuse him of botting.

I knew he wasn't botting?

I never assume that player moderators got their job by sending in reports en masse. I also never assume that player moderators are obligated to give up their time to help me or anyone else with anything. One of my best friends in Runescape is a player mod, and I knew him long before he got the job. People simply have very wrong impressions of what player mods do and what powers they have. It's no longer possible to become a player mod by reporting everything that moves. In fact, it could lessen your chances of being selected.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

i'm just anti-moderation, in more ways than one

moderate th,i,,s

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"