UK Moving In The Right Direction - Religious 'Marriages' For Gay Couples

Romy

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you at least explain this, Skully?

• I see what your saying, but, the child will probably grow up thinking it is right to be gay, therefore promoting STDs somewhat.

God forbid a gay kid grows up without the feelings of guilt and self-hatred that are to be norm. Or maybe you are under the impression kids would start choosing to be gay?

I also can't understand where your argument about having gay parents comes from. The original topic is not about adoption, but about civil partnerships/marriages. It's okay if you are against these movements, but it sounds to me you don't even know what you are arguing against right now. :|

To be honest, I don't really know myself how it got into that, I guess i'm thinking that more gay mariages = they adopt or something, but i'll explain that comment for you.

I think it is right to be straight and wrong to be gay simply because of nature. How could the human race continue to be superior if there were more and more gay familys popping up everywhere? I mean, kids mimic their parents right? If some kids were to grow up with gay 'parents' then they would probably think this is normal and grow up thinking like this without even considering being straight. I think if kids were to grow up adopted with gay families it would certainly become more of a choice rather than in your head. It's like nature vs nurture for me.

Why don't gay kids to straight parents mimic them?

Sexual orientation is not a choice. Kids to gay parents will think being gay is normal, but that does not mean they'll grow up to be gay, or that the they'd think being straight is abnormal.

Yeah the whole mimic parents and thus becomes a choice argument falls down at the fact straight parents have gay children.

Equally the whole not natural argument is flawed in that homosexual behaviour and mating has been observed in nearly every documented species on earth.

Sure, but gay kids from straight parents are a minority, at least around here anyway.

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

Sure, but gay kids from straight parents are a minority, at least around here anyway.

and gay kids coming from gay parents are a majority?

do you have any proof to back that up?

and does it even matter? no.

There were gays in Nazi Germany, who despite the oppression and the threat of being sent to concentration camps, didn't just "return to be straight". Similarly, there are still gays in Uganda, even though there's a bill that calls for them to be executed.

On the other hand, most gay kids have straight parents, efforts to "reconvert" gays usually fail and are discouraged in mainstream psychology, and scientists are finding links that imply there might be some genetic aspect to being a homosexual, if at least partially.

Or to put it simply, when did you choose to be straight?

Now, even conceding hypothetically that it was a choice, why would you avoid giving gays the same rights as the heteros?

This signature is intentionally left blank.

[hide]

Could you at least explain this, Skully?

• I see what your saying, but, the child will probably grow up thinking it is right to be gay, therefore promoting STDs somewhat.

God forbid a gay kid grows up without the feelings of guilt and self-hatred that are to be norm. Or maybe you are under the impression kids would start choosing to be gay?

I also can't understand where your argument about having gay parents comes from. The original topic is not about adoption, but about civil partnerships/marriages. It's okay if you are against these movements, but it sounds to me you don't even know what you are arguing against right now. :|

To be honest, I don't really know myself how it got into that, I guess i'm thinking that more gay mariages = they adopt or something, but i'll explain that comment for you.

I think it is right to be straight and wrong to be gay simply because of nature. How could the human race continue to be superior if there were more and more gay familys popping up everywhere? I mean, kids mimic their parents right? If some kids were to grow up with gay 'parents' then they would probably think this is normal and grow up thinking like this without even considering being straight. I think if kids were to grow up adopted with gay families it would certainly become more of a choice rather than in your head. It's like nature vs nurture for me.

Why don't gay kids to straight parents mimic them?

Sexual orientation is not a choice. Kids to gay parents will think being gay is normal, but that does not mean they'll grow up to be gay, or that the they'd think being straight is abnormal.

Yeah the whole mimic parents and thus becomes a choice argument falls down at the fact straight parents have gay children.

Equally the whole not natural argument is flawed in that homosexual behaviour and mating has been observed in nearly every documented species on earth.

[/hide]

That's because gays are a minority in general.

And, are you saying that as opposed to gay couples having gay children?

How on earth does that prove anything?

Statistically (roughly) 1 in 10 people are gay. So obviously gay kids are in a minority.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'm not trying to prove anything, I haven't thrown out any "facts" or "percentages". I'm just stating my opinion which kinda happens in a discussion. And people call me a troll? Lmfao.

I'm not trying to prove anything, I haven't thrown out any "facts" or "percentages". I'm just stating my opinion which kinda happens in a discussion. And people call me a troll? Lmfao.

you do know there are such things at gay trolls right? Like the troll general is pretty gay, so are all those gay thrower trolls. And Mckinzy5 (just kidding ilu Mck)

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Well sure have an opinion, but you gotta expect it to be challenged especially when you have absolutely nothing to back it up.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Sure its an opinion, but its a wrong one.

Because studys, statistics and facts show it to be wrong; hence it gets challenged.

Opinions can be wrong, it could be your opinion that grass is actually pink; that doesn't make it a fact because science has shown it falls into the spectrum of colour that we classify as green.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I have backed it up, with more opinions. I'm not about to go out of my way to do a case study to prove an opinion for someone on an internet forum.

props.

I think this thread kinda shows the backwardness of the mindset.

We ( I say we cuz i'm gay, and this thread is pro gay) all preach that people need to be more accepting of people. Specifically those rejected by society, yet no one is accepting Skullys beliefs. I don't mean accept in that you agree, but live and let live. You guys are trying to prove a subjective opinion wrong, which you can't.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I have backed it up, with more opinions. I'm not about to go out of my way to do a case study to prove an opinion for someone on an internet forum.

props.

We ( I say we cuz i'm gay, and this thread is pro gay) all preach that people need to be more accepting of people. Specifically those rejected by society, yet no one is accepting Skullys beliefs. I don't mean accept in that you agree, but live and let live. You guys are trying to prove a subjective opinion wrong, which you can't.

First of all, ofcourse you can, if facts contradict opinions.

Secondly, challenging bigotted opinions can lead to a better environment (for gays, for any race, for the limited, etc, etc).

props.

Secondly, challenging bigotted opinions can lead to a better environment (for gays, for any race, for the limited, etc, etc).

Do you have proof that your opinion of challenging 'bigotted' opinions can lead to a better environment?

Maybe you'll see my point now.

What. An opinion can be wrong? Sounds pretty ridiculous don't you think?

What it comes down to in the end is that people will throw in a baseless statement and disguise it as an "opinions". Voilà, your baseless claim is now untouchable, and you don't have to defend it.

So, "gay kids from straight parents are a minority, at least around here anyway. " is a statement of fact, not an opinion.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

Do you have proof that your opinion of challenging 'bigotted' opinions can lead to a better environment?

We should let bigotted ideas go unchecked and unchallenged?

Guy : "Gays dont deserve to be treated the same as straight people"

Other guy : "Oh, I respect your opinion, but politely disagree"

Have that on cable news channels, it gets into peoples heads that its okay, perpetuates the problem.

People can have opinions, but when they start oppressing other people because of those opinions, no.

Well they have proven homosexuality in many species outside humans, so its proven to be natural.

I'm fairly sure there's studies about about gay parents vs str8 parents which show it doesn't affect the kids sexuality.

All the important psychological and scientific institutes globally are in agreement homosexuality is not a choice and a natural occurrence.

etc.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

props.

I have personal experience, which is rather impossible to use in an argument. I'll get into it if you want me to.

What I can use, is simple logic. I consider a "better environment" to be an accepting enviornment, simply because it's an environment that can make more people feel wanted.

If we conclude that that's what a "better environment" means, we can follow a biggotted opinion that says gays have no room in our world. Someone presenting it, and then being challenged about it, could logically lead to a "better envrionment".