Barrows

Deltaer

Okay last time I did barrows was back when it was released back 5ish years ago, so needless to say it's been a while..

Im just wondering if I'm doing it "right"..

Kill all 6 brothers, and kill 6+ monsters in the tunnels? Is that pretty much it? Do we know yet if time is a factor?

I keep getting runes and bolt racks, and I KNOW it takes forever to get barrows armour, so I'm not complaining, but just want to make sure my methodology is correct.

[2010] Proud Member of Downfall

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)

yep, you're doing it all right. Remember to get KC and kill all 6 before opening the chest.

Yeah, kill the 6 bros, kill 6 monsters, then raid chest.

What's KC?

[2010] Proud Member of Downfall

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)

Kill Count, and i have always heard that you should either kill 0, 5, or 12, but I do experiment much as I have not done barrows much this past year. Hope this helps good luck with your trips.

When in doubt...eat watermelon ^^

As a fellow wanderer of the dark path of life, I will heal your aches and pains.

KC is short for kill count. It represents the total number of monster killed (both barrows brothers and the creatures inside the tunnels). KC does not affect the chance of getting a barrows piece; it only increases the number of runes, bolt racks, etc. A KC of between 8 and 15 is usually recommended.

mythrandir.png

Yeah. 6 Is a good number. When I did it I did about 8-10. But 6 is just fine.

Good luck.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

If you are hunting for the armors, the KC doesn't really matter too much. Yes, get 6+ KC for better loot from the chest, but I'd say don't go out of your way. If you are running along and you get a small rat or bloodworm spawn, fine, kill it. Don't kill the Giant Spiders or Skeletons, though, as they'd take too long for the trouble. Just kill any weak monsters you see. They all count for the same anyway. If you get to the chest before 6, find any weaklings in the chest room. If there are none, just loot the chest, it won't really make too much difference.

To get barrows armor, you MUST kill the corresponding brother. For example, if you do not kill Dharok, you will not get Dharok armor. Non-brothers will not affect the chances of you getting barrows armor. They only impact runes/coins/etc. Therefore, they can be put in low priority. Of greater importance in blazing past these runs to loot as many chests per hour as you can. Only that will increase your chances of getting barrows armor.

Maybe you're doing too slow. Use black salamander method? Slayer dart is obsolete.

Can't see your stats cuz I'm on itouch but Mage melée brothers and melée everything

else.

Slayer dart is not obsolete. In fact, get a staff of light and it is the best method for doing slayer. Not only will a staff of light save you runes but the spec reduces melee damage you take by half (perfect for dharok and verak tunnals).

Maybe you're doing too slow. Use black salamander method? Slayer dart is obsolete.

Can't see your stats cuz I'm on itouch but Mage melée brothers and melée everything

else.

Slayer dart is not obsolete. In fact, get a staff of light and it is the best method for doing slayer. Not only will a staff of light save you runes but the spec reduces melee damage you take by half (perfect for dharok and verak tunnals).

Slayer dart is obsolete. It hits for less damage for most people who are high enough levels to do barrows and it costs 4-5 times as much as using a black sally.

yuki2d.png

else.

Lol ur bad. Spec is for claws/dds/ags not defensive specs. You barrage and move away from the brutha anyways, why tank?

Manitstinks.gif

lolud0.pnglol2ni3.png