On which tasks is uni > bunyip?

All_Is_Great

I just got 88 summoning last night ( :shades: ), and was wondering on which tasks would a unicorn be better than a bunyip.

I'm guessing waterfiends, but also want to know about other tasks.

Also, where else would a unicorn be very effective?

Staurolite.png

The only tasks I would use a unicorn on (without 96 summoning) are waterfiends (caverns), mithril dragons, and wyverns. I can't really think of anymore. I haven't actually used a unicorn for slayer in a long time.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

In almost all cases except those named above, any other familiar would be better. Unicorns are an overkill and mostly used for monsters that DO eat food. I'd say, when in doubt, go bunyip. If you can't suffice with a very little bit of food and/or spec weapon, then and only then a unicorn would be nice ;)

But almost all monsters are to easy with current gear / pots etc. and don't forget prayer.

Just try and save those scrolls/pouches for bosses.

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

Unicorn is better than bunyip on every task, it's just a matter of if bunyip is efficient enough or not- and the tasks where it isn't(assuming you don't have S/S) are miths, kbd, wyverns, black demons, dark beasts, iron dragons and waterfiends(miths and kbd with melee prayer, others without). If you have soul split you won't need a unicorn, though i still use one for dark beast tasks as it's more convenient.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Thanks,

also about bosses, the unicorn would be good at most of them I assume? I'm mainly thinking about questing for WGS and Tds.

For most team boss hunting, yes, unicorn is good. It's good for solo TDs, too, of course.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Uni is also good for desert and jungle wyrms since the damage from their specials would take a bunyip a while to heal.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Thanks,

also about bosses, the unicorn would be good at most of them I assume? I'm mainly thinking about questing for WGS and Tds.

Yes, it is.

I basically think of it like: Bunyip for tasks where things hit you frequently but not high.

Unicorn for tasks where things hit you not often but when they do they hit high e.g.: jungle and desert skytwyvern things.

Crybaby111.png

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest;

Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

- Confucius

Not exactly a unicorn, but Elemental Titans are better than Bunyips at Scarabites, since you want the combat power AND healing it provides if you are cannoning them in the Catacombs (which is the best way, cannoning Scarabites are the SHORTEST slayer task and also one of the FASTEST). Although a Geyser is better, you don't have that.

Not exactly a unicorn, but Elemental Titans are better than Bunyips at Scarabites, since you want the combat power AND healing it provides if you are cannoning them in the Catacombs (which is the best way, cannoning Scarabites are the SHORTEST slayer task and also one of the FASTEST). Although a Geyser is better, you don't have that.

Thanks, didn't know about scarabites. I haven't done the scarab quest yet so I don't get those for task :razz:

Only 440k away from a geyser though :)

Staurolite.png

Uni is also good for desert and jungle wyrms since the damage from their specials would take a bunyip a while to heal.

Their special can be avoided quite easily, although the cure option on the Uni is quite good for the poison from the Jungle Strykes and if you can't be bothered with desert robes/waterskins for the Desert Strykes then a Uni can be used to counter that too.

And for Mith/Irons/Steel drags I would recomend a War Tort over a Uni as you can carry more food/drops.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

About the only one I could think of is miths, wyverns, and dark beasts. I normally use bunyip for DBs though, since I'm turmoiling.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]