Dungeoneering Autogrouping System

Pinkbullet3

How come no one's using it? I even suggested this idea in one of my RS Suggestions, and I was ecstatic when I learned it was implemented.

Turns out, people still enjoy advertising in the middle rather than use something that doesn't require typing... -.-

100723005458.png

Somebody please explain this to me.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

By advertising, you have control over who's on your team, and can exclude those that don't have high combat / Dungeoneering Level. This is the same reason people still advertise in Barbarian Assault than use the autogroup feature.

I just elitism in runescape.. People want to have power and show that off by disallowing others in their team.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I just elitism in runescape.. People want to have power and show that off by disallowing others in their team.

This would be a perfectly fine comment coming from a 138 with 90 dungeoneering but....

Because it makes sense. Autogroup can get you into a team with a big load of dungeoneering newbs that will surely slow you down. If you only include 80+ or 90+ dungeoneers you are sure to get most of the people right. People don't want to play the lottery. If there was an autogroup f32 large 5:5 combat 135+ dungeoneering 80+, people would use it.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I think its that many people dont know about it.

And the people that do know about it, go in, see no one else there, wait 5 minutes, and then go back to the middle.

I honestly dont think its about "controlling" whos in your team, at least not in f2p. Most people would accept anyone to be honest...

O.O

No one is ever going to use it.

Runescape would be better off just thrashing the idea completely and having an in-game dungeoneering group interface for team joining.

Like a list of currently available teams, with displays of what floor that team is doing (floor #, complexity, difficulty), style of completion (casual, semi-rush, hardcore rush), combat level restriction, dungeoneering level restriction. A player could also view the team members in the party currently (maybe they see someone they know is good, or someone they know is bad) and be able to make informed decisions as to what party to join. Seperate options can be included for people for willingness to key and/or to take tools. So that it can be seen that a party already has a willing keyer or not.

These players can then apply to join said team via the group interface, and a notification sent to the team leader along with a copy of that person's skill levels (once again, allowing informed decisions without entering party). This would tie into the ring of kinship and automatically put the player into the relevant party if accepted by the team leader.

=Proud member of the Order of Cabbage=

Also, the new system groups you in teams of 3-5, whereas most people only want teams of 5 and don't want to risk being put in a team of 3 or 4.