Strange Rock Frequency

PenguinsLoose

I stood in my house for hours getting my construction rocks <_<

Did you try to get them back to back?

Myth. You can get them both in as close as two minutes just standing there.

Sure you can, but switching skills between rocks has been confirmed to be faster by Jagex. There's only fishing, mining and RC that I don'T bother to switch because they are much easier to get, but I've noticed for other skills that switching will reduce the time to obtain rocks.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Sure you can, but switching skills between rocks has been confirmed to be faster by Jagex. There's only fishing, mining and RC that I don'T bother to switch because they are much easier to get, but I've noticed for other skills that switching will reduce the time to obtain rocks.

Wha? No, I do believe they specifically refuted that.

From a previous thread on Shattered Heart, credits to smellysocks, from the maxed out forums...

The probability switches (either up or down) when you receive a strange rock.

Hope that answers your question

Edit: Hmm... rereading again and again, it doesn't make that much sense, perhaps an example will help:

You go fishing... your probability of getting a rock is 1 in x. You gain a rock from fishing, your probability of gaining a second rock from fishing is 1 in 2x.

However, your probability of gaining a rock in... say.. herblore is still 1 in x. If you gain that rock in herblore, your probability of getting a second rock from herblore is 1 in 2x, but your probability of getting your second fishing rock is back to 1 in x.

Hopefully THAT will make more sense....

Mod Maz

Queen of the Squirrels

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

I went from 61-69 construction without a single strange rock

it's because you don't know hwo to obtain a construction rock...you need to "not" be in construction mode.

While waiting on a construction rock, it is possible to create teleport tablets in normal mode. Let the butler get your soft clay.

it's because you don't know hwo to obtain a construction rock...you need to "not" be in construction mode.

While waiting on a construction rock, it is possible to create teleport tablets in normal mode. Let the butler get your soft clay.

Yep, you can alch, fletch, make tablets or simply stand in your portal room.

langerkiller.png

you don't have to train construction .. just stand/sit close to the portal doing NOTHING

and YES, HUNTER is hardest to get.... the reason i stopped getting rocks cus of hunter... BORING

Demario.png

My vengeance is everything..

..everything must come to an end