Increasing a Budget...

CaJ

I have been playing Runescape long enough to know most of the training methods involving skills and strategies to be a good player. I have most skills above 80 and am somewhat efficient in leveling certain stats.

But I for one have a piss poor bank account and it's been that way for years. Not because I'm stupid, because I just don't know the best moneymaking methods. For those who are wondering, I hope to increase my budget to around 20-100M in wealth, which includes GP, God Wars gear, TT items, holiday rares, etc.

I've been effective with my time and the way I train, but I cannot manage a bank with a considerable amount of wealth or hold on to lots of GP. I tend to throw it away on skills or on luck-based trips in hopes of obtaining a rare, expensive item.

I have a terrible bank for my account and I think it's time that I increased the wealth and the budget that I have. With such a low budget I can only train a select number of skills and getting a larger budget seems to be difficult. I understand that it takes a lot of work to obtain a lot of wealth (not merchanting at GE) just as much as it is to obtain high level stats. I know a couple methods to get profit, such as dailies and Miscellania Kingdom, but I know there are more.

Whether it's doing an infinite number of Slayer tasks or going on Barrow/God War trips, I just need to know how to increase my budget the legitimate way. Keep in mind that I want to be around the 20-100M range or better.

My stats are in the sig.

As far as non-combat skills are concerned, RC/hunter are both at the top for profit, (abyssing deaths and catching pawya/grenwal with a fruitbat).

Most of the decent methods however involve monster hunting, mainly GWD/DK's/TD's. High combat and herblore are huge advantages for the aforementioned.

Do your dailies. Farm herbs, do 4-5 runs a day. All dailes + snapdragon runs with scroll of life should be around 10m per week, if not more. With that money, chin to 99 range, barrage rock lobsters for crimsons to 99 mage and 88 summoning, then go TD's.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

All of my money came from training slayer. It's not too profitable, I think I made on average 150k per task (excluding rare high end drops like whips). But it's fun, I dunno how fun it is with maxed melee though, I don't find it fun unless im training a combat stat too. Maybe join a GWD clan or something? Also, regularly farm herbs.

Madouge.png

Click the pic if you wanna see a Ranged Slayer blog.

FARM FARM FARM FARM.

I do 5 herb runs a day (because I don't play for a solid block of time)

DKS. Even solo maging, its quite consistent. (Personally, if I DKS hard core for a week, I can be sure of taking in at least 50m.)

If you have varrock diary done, buy bstaffs. Its at least 90k a day, if you get all 64.

MTK is amazing. Try it.

Last time I broke my bank, (buying ely) I did a combination of DKS in welfare gear, and consistent, but low yield/hr things such as dragons, until I could afford all the essential gear.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Sorry, but what's DKS?

Dagganoth kings- profitable and fairly easy compared to other boss monsters.

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[hide=Drops & Achievements]

Hunter_cape_(t).gif 99 Hunter: 4/30/09 Cooking_cape_(t).gif 99 Cooking: 6/2/2009 Attack_cape_(t).gif 99 Attack: 6/9/10

Dragon Legs x2 | Dragon Skirt x2 | Dragon Med x3 | Dragon Boots x13 | Dragon Shield Left Half x1

Abyssal Whip x2 | Granite Maul x8 | Granite Helm x2 | Granite Legs x1

[/hide]

Any good strategies to kill them other than the Tormented Demons which I can't kill effectively yet or the Corp which is beyond my skills?

I lack Extremes and am too low level to use a Unicorn.