99 cooking

rocko510

A cooking hat and apron each decrease the "no burn" level i think (I burnt no lobsters from 66+ with them and tip.it says 68+), so you might be able to start cooking swordfish and sharks a little sooner than above if you use them.

7b6daf2cda.png

[spoiler=Goals]Quest cape: Complete! (for now)

All stats 70+:

othelbark.png

If you are my enemy: May Guthix bring you Rest!

Dragon drops: 2 d meds.

Barrows: Dharok platebody, d med.

A cooking hat and apron each decrease the "no burn" level i think (I burnt no lobsters from 66+ with them and tip.it says 68+), so you might be able to start cooking swordfish and sharks a little sooner than above if you use them.

The Chef's Hat and White Apron have no effect on cooking, it's just for aesthetics.

I think one of the most popular methods is wine making (although more expensive than fish, it's faster). I believe Morionic has a spreadsheet for it, so that'd be the best place to check, as I did fish (and took 5 months to get 99 from 70 because I enjoyed cooking).

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

The Chef's Hat and White Apron have no effect on cooking, it's just for aesthetics.

Really? It seems like too much of a coincidence that i burnt NO lobsters from 66+ when tip.it says the "no burn" level is 68.

7b6daf2cda.png

[spoiler=Goals]Quest cape: Complete! (for now)

All stats 70+:

othelbark.png

If you are my enemy: May Guthix bring you Rest!

Dragon drops: 2 d meds.

Barrows: Dharok platebody, d med.

Really? It seems like too much of a coincidence that i burnt NO lobsters from 66+ when tip.it says the "no burn" level is 68.

Monks never stop burning, and I didn't burn one from 90-94 either. Just because you didn't burn doesn't necessarily mean you can't burn.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

you can afford it in any way imaginable, even wine is in your price range if you farm on the side.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

90 may be a little premature, but it couldn't hurt to do a few invs and see what your burn rate looks like.

k thanks i'll check once i get 90

rocko510.png

99 Cooking Since 10/19/10|99 Magic Since 2/13/11|

Quest Cape Since April 2011

I started sharks right at 80 :thumbsup: However that was back before the trade limit, when you could easily trade cooked sharks for raw.

Also, my understanding of gauntlets is that they only work for lobsters, swordfish, and shark. Do they work on monkfish and rocktails?

EDIT: They do work apparently... although I feel like they didn't always work that way.

I started sharks right at 80 :thumbsup: However that was back before the trade limit, when you could easily trade cooked sharks for raw.

Also, my understanding of gauntlets is that they only work for lobsters, swordfish, and shark. Do they work on monkfish and rocktails?

EDIT: They do work apparently... although I feel like they didn't always work that way.

There have been reports that you don't burn rocks at 95+, but we've had confirmation that you can still burn monks at 99 cooking with guants.