Herblore and math question

Nifflin

Now that the details have been released I figured I would ask for the help of someone whose studies math a few years longer then I have. Here goes...

I have 76 herblore, I would like to get as close to 88 as possible before running out of herbs. What potions, in what order and how many of each should I make to do this most effectively?

I have about 40m in herbs to trade around and work with so any options are open to me.

I'm unsure about how many pots per hour I can make but my computer and connection aren't great so give me a little space there please.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Now that the details have been released I figured I would ask for the help of someone whose studies math a few years longer then I have. Here goes...

I have 76 herblore, I would like to get as close to 88 as possible before running out of herbs. What potions, in what order and how many of each should I make to do this most effectively?

I have about 40m in herbs to trade around and work with so any options are open to me.

I'm unsure about how many pots per hour I can make but my computer and connection aren't great so give me a little space there please.

I have no experience in that, but you're probably too late to buy supplies. I think there was a small crash just before the last one. Might be your only chance (AKA Prepare a backup plan).

WarBlastoise.png

I have no experience in that, but you're probably too late to buy supplies. I think there was a small crash just before the last one. Might be your only chance (AKA Prepare a backup plan).

PM me in game anytime

Just a little bump before I go to sleep. Could really use some help here, would prefer not to reveal to my mathy friends IRL that I need help for a Runescape problem. Social suicide and all...

PM me in game anytime

I'd guesstimate at making 700-900 pots per hour with an iffy connection. Sorry I can't help with the rest of it.

Sure if you are completely horrible.

Mix unfinished potions before the bonus exp, then add in the last ingredients. You will make around 2k potions a hour doing this, so maybe give yourself a small bit of cushion and say you can finish 1900 potions a hour.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

to maximise the amount of exp that you will get you should make your pots starting from highest exp pot to lowest.

Example: Lets say you have the supplies to make 200 range pots, 100 anti-fire pots, 100 super restore pots, and 100 prayer pots.

1)You start making range pots(162.5 exp) at the 2.7x multiplier: 438.75 exp per pot

2) lets say after 30 mins of 2.7 exp you have made 100 range pots: 43875 exp

3) you make the rest of your pots in thenext 30 mins for 2.55x exp: 41437.5 exp

4) next 30 mins is 2.4x exp so u make next highest pot and continue thisuntil your supplies are all used up.

If you started from prayer pots and did range pots last you would not be gaining as much exp.

As for which potions to make all I can say is just make the highest/ most affordable one at your level.

rocko510.png

99 Cooking Since 10/19/10|99 Magic Since 2/13/11|

Quest Cape Since April 2011

to maximise the amount of exp that you will get you should make your pots starting from highest exp pot to lowest.

Example: Lets say you have the supplies to make 200 range pots, 100 anti-fire pots, 100 super restore pots, and 100 prayer pots.

1)You start making range pots(162.5 exp) at the 2.7x multiplier: 438.75 exp per pot

2) lets say after 30 mins of 2.7 exp you have made 100 range pots: 43875 exp

3) you make the rest of your pots in thenext 30 mins for 2.55x exp: 41437.5 exp

4) next 30 mins is 2.4x exp so u make next highest pot and continue thisuntil your supplies are all used up.

If you started from prayer pots and did range pots last you would not be gaining as much exp.

As for which potions to make all I can say is just make the highest/ most affordable one at your level.

Wouldn't it be better to say make magic pots, then after I unlock brews to make them and so on as I gain exp?

PM me in game anytime

Okay, so I have ingredients for quite a few magic pots then quite a few sara brews. Hopefully enough to go from 76-84. Anyone have any ideas about exactly how much of each I will need. I will make magic potions then switch to brews as soon as I can.

PM me in game anytime

Okay, so I have ingredients for quite a few magic pots then quite a few sara brews. Hopefully enough to go from 76-84. Anyone have any ideas about exactly how much of each I will need. I will make magic potions then switch to brews as soon as I can.

It is impossible to calculate unless you provide us with an accurate pots per hour rate, which can vary greatly(1000-2200). If you have an accurate rate(and you should really test it for yourself, not just go by someone elses numbers) it'll be easy to figure out.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

It is impossible to calculate unless you provide us with an accurate pots per hour rate, which can vary greatly(1000-2200). If you have an accurate rate(and you should really test it for yourself, not just go by someone elses numbers) it'll be easy to figure out.

Okay, well thats good. I'll make some serum 207 and give you an estimate at my time.

PM me in game anytime

I timed myself with Serum 207 and did 200 in five minutes. I doubt I will be able to concentrate that hard so lets just say 1800/h as my rate. Can you calculate how many magic pots I will need for 76-81 and how many brews for 81-84?

PM me in game anytime

Putting a herb into a vial takes 1 tick or 0.6 seconds

Putting a secondary ingredient into a vial takes 2 ticks or 1.2 seconds (except Serum 207 which is one tick or 0.6 seconds)

So this means that per minute you can make 33.3 potion per minute and 1998 potions per hour.

However factoring in concentration/connection/withdrawing speed I would say 1400 potions per hour

Putting a secondary ingredient into a vial takes 2 ticks or 1.2 seconds (except Serum 207 which is one tick or 0.6 seconds)

So this means that per minute you can make 33.3 potion per minute and 1998 potions per hour.

However factoring in concentration/connection/withdrawing speed I would say less than 1400

So if your right about Serum 207, my speed is actually closer to 1000 per hour. Okay.

And I have all my unf pots made, so I won't need to do that. I'll just be adding the seconds.

Edit: Well, according to the math it should be 1200/h, but I doubt I will be able to mix for hours on end without slowing down a little.

PM me in game anytime

However factoring in concentration/connection/withdrawing speed I would say less than 1400

So if your right about Serum 207, my speed is actually closer to 1000 per hour. Okay.

And I have all my unf pots made, so I won't need to do that. I'll just be adding the seconds.

Just adding seconds can be anything up to 3000 an hour (1.2 per second, 50 per minute, 3000 per hour)

Just adding seconds can be anything up to 3000 an hour (1.2 per second, 50 per minute, 3000 per hour)

Ugh, that doesn't help me. It isn't realistic and if you read the entire thread you will notice that I'm trying to figure out how many herbs I need to use. I did a sample using Serum 207. It was 200 mixed in five minutes. So clearly 3000 per hour is unrealistic. What I want to know is what is a realistic number per hour based on the sample I did.

Then, I would appreciate someone to use that figure to answer my original question.

Your statistics are impressive, but they assume ideal conditions which is unrealistic given the situation and therefor inapplicable.

Thanks everyone for your help. :D

PM me in game anytime

[hide]

Ugh, that doesn't help me. It isn't realistic and if you read the entire thread you will notice that I'm trying to figure out how many herbs I need to use. I did a sample using Serum 207. It was 200 mixed in five minutes. So clearly 3000 per hour is unrealistic. What I want to know is what is a realistic number per hour based on the sample I did.

Then, I would appreciate someone to use that figure to answer my original question.

Your statistics are impressive, but they assume ideal conditions which is unrealistic given the situation and therefor inapplicable.

[/hide]

I was merely jumping the gun to save you having to ask another question about how long it could take you which a lot of people do.

"Can you calculate how many magic pots I will need for 76-81 and how many brews for 81-84?"

Answering this question,

You would need 4965 magic potions to get to 81 and then 4215 saradomin brews to make it to 84 herblore.

Using your rate at which you said you could do it (1000-1200 p/hour) it is between 7-9 hours work.

[hide]

[/hide]

I was merely jumping the gun to save you having to ask another question about how long it could take you which a lot of people do.

"Can you calculate how many magic pots I will need for 76-81 and how many brews for 81-84?"

Answering this question,

You would need 4965 magic potions to get to 81 and then 4215 saradomin brews to make it to 84 herblore.

Using your rate at which you said you could do it (1000-1200 p/hour) it is between 7-9 hours work.

Okay, I'm sorry I wasn't 100% clear. On the exp weekend how many will it take? I plugged my levels into a herblore calculator and got your numbers, used them as an approximation of how many herbs I need for the weekend. Any way to narrow that down?

PM me in game anytime

[hide]

Answering this question,

Okay, I'm sorry I wasn't 100% clear. On the exp weekend how many will it take? I plugged my levels into a herblore calculator and got your numbers, used them as an approximation of how many herbs I need for the weekend. Any way to narrow that down?

[/hide]

Working, yes you're a robot who can do 600 per 30 minutes :)

[hide]

Okay I can try to but not sure if it is 100% accurate. You said you could do 200 serum 207 pots per 5 minutes? I presume these were pre made and you just added the secondary. Using this I would say you could do 100 pots per 5 minutes as its half the speed of 207.

So between level 76 and 81 you are need 856,375 xp which you get 172.5 xp (before xp increase) per mage pot and between 81-84 you need 758,555 which you get 180 xp (before xp increase) per brew.

Up to 30 x 2.7 600 mage pots at 465.8 xp per pot which is 279,450 xp

30-60 x 2.55 600 mage pots at 439.9 xp per pot which is 263,940 xp 543,390 total xp (towards 81)

60-90 x 2.4 600 mage pots at 414 xp per pot which is 248,400 xp 791,790 total xp (towards 81)

90-120 x 2.25 166 mage pots at 388.1 per pot which is 64585 xp Level 81 Herblore 434 brews at 405 xp per pot which is 175,770 xp

120-150 x 2.1 600 brews at 378 xp per pot which is 226,800 xp 402,570 total xp (towards 84)

150-180 x 2.0 600 brews at 360 xp per pot which is 216,000 xp 618,570 total xp (towards 84)

180-210 x 1.9 410 brews at 342 xp per pot which is 140,220 xp Level 84 Herblore :thumbsup:

[/hide]

So yes ignore the working above which says you need 1966 mage pots and 1610 brews.

Note:

Just so you know I did take your example set to create these results (yes it is exactly half as 207 takes 1 tick, everything else takes 2 ticks) not my working as I know that is highly unrealistic.

[hide]

Answering this question,

[/hide]

[hide]

Okay I can try to but not sure if it is 100% accurate. You said you could do 200 serum 207 pots per 5 minutes? I presume these were pre made and you just added the secondary. Using this I would say you could do 100 pots per 5 minutes as its half the speed of 207.

So between level 76 and 81 you are need 856,375 xp which you get 172.5 xp (before xp increase) per mage pot and between 81-84 you need 758,555 which you get 180 xp (before xp increase) per brew.

30-60 x 2.55 600 mage pots at 439.9 xp per pot which is 263,940 xp 543,390 total xp (towards 81)

60-90 x 2.4 600 mage pots at 414 xp per pot which is 248,400 xp 791,790 total xp (towards 81)

90-120 x 2.25 166 mage pots at 388.1 per pot which is 64585 xp Level 81 Herblore 434 brews at 405 xp per pot which is 175,770 xp

120-150 x 2.1 600 brews at 378 xp per pot which is 226,800 xp 402,570 total xp (towards 84)

150-180 x 2.0 600 brews at 360 xp per pot which is 216,000 xp 618,570 total xp (towards 84)

180-210 x 1.9 410 brews at 342 xp per pot which is 140,220 xp Level 84 Herblore :thumbsup:

[/hide]

So yes ignore the working above which says you need 1966 mage pots and 1610 brews.

Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for. I had considered doing it the way you did but I thought someone who knew calculus, which I have yet to learn, would be able to figure it out in a graph.

Well this is good news, any way I can compensate you?

PM me in game anytime

[hide]

Answering this question,

[/hide]

[hide]

[/hide]

Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for. I had considered doing it the way you did but I thought someone who knew calculus, which I have yet to learn, would be able to figure it out in a graph.

I prefer to slog it that way than using graphs, those stupid things drive me mad >.<

I must thank you as you gave me a break from the tedious activity which is called fishing :)

[hide]

Answering this question,

[/hide]

[hide]

[/hide]

I prefer to slog it that way than using graphs, those stupid things drive me mad >.<

I must thank you as you gave me a break from the tedious activity which is called fishing :)

Well now I can sell my excess potions, I'll save/make 12 million. Again, thanks.

PM me in game anytime