Green Dragon Killing; How to level and profit while GDHing

Headrevenant

Hello, my name (in-game and on the TIF) is Headrevenant. This is my first guide, so I welcome any constructive criticism or pointers on how I could improve my next guide. Just please contact me via private message in-game. I will be discussing what to bring, how to get there, and strategies you can use to make Green Dragon Hunting more enjoyable and profitable. Green Dragon Hunting is very profitable xp-wise and profit-wise. A single inventory can cost 100K! The rewards are obvious, but beware that you will be in the Wilderness and I cannot be held responsible if you lose any items. That aside, let's get started!

1) How To Get There

To get to where you will be hunting, refer to the map below.

2s61x8z.jpg

1) This is the Daemonheim Bank where you will be restocking on food in between trips and where your trips will start.

The Red Path) You need to follow the red path to marker # 2.

2) Here you will rest to replenish your run energy as it will be around 30-50 (depending on your Agility level).

The Red Path) Now, follow the red path until you reach the Greens at marker # 3.

2) What to Bring

*Melee

If you choose to melee, recommended, this is what you should bring.

Setup 1; Optimal setup

5fhhuc.jpg

Setup 2; Cheaper setup

okaqmo.jpg

*Range

If you choose to range, this should be your setup.

Setup 1; Optimal setup

2vuyhy0.jpg

Setup 2; Budget setup

1z1w94p.jpg

*Mage

Maging any type of non-metal dragon is a very bad idea and will lose you more money by buying runes than you would have made in the long run. I do not recommend this method of GDHing, but if you do wish to try it, DO NOT FORGET YOUR ANTI-DRAGON SHIELD!!! I cannot stress that enough1 Green Dragons are reported to hit 400+ on players without either the DFS or Anti-Dragon shield.

3) Strategies

Now I will show the the best places to stand to take advantage of the dragon spawns.

Spot 1;

2hs6ybp.jpg

In this spot, you can take advantage of 3 Dragon Spawns!!

Spot 2;

2mcidt.jpg

4) Returning to Daemonheim, Banking, and Repeating the process

Once you have a full inventory,

6saryh.jpg

run to a safespot and telly back to Daemonheim. Once there, run to bank, bank, withdraw new food, and repeat the process.

There you go. That's the end of the guide. I hope it helps you greatly if you decide on doing GDHing and good luck with all of your trips. That's all Thanks and see you next time! :thumbsup:

Sincerely,

Headrevenant

grievous_lightsabers2.jpg

The Force is everywhere. The Force is in everyone. Use it well.

P.S. I know that this is the wrong segment for my monster hunting guide, but as I am yet not allowed to post anywhere else, I hope you will forgive me Tip.It. Crew.

Sorry, Headrevenant

I thought banking at Wilderness volcano and teleing to Clan wars was much faster? and its not very expensive either... But nice guide overall with euipmentsetups, however i could disagree with some of them...

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

I thought banking at Wilderness volcano and teleing to Clan wars was much faster? and its not very expensive either... But nice guide overall with euipmentsetups, however i could disagree with some of them...

ya but in order to bank at wildy volcano u have to have like 30 games necklaces and each is 1k so i just thought about how i could spend the least gp and make the most. :thumbsup: o and ty

ya but in order to bank at wildy volcano u have to have like 30 games necklaces and each is 1k so i just thought about how i could spend the least gp and make the most. :thumbsup: o and ty

You get 8 teleports out of each games necklace, so that's like 150gp per teleport. And in the time that you will spend running, you probably could have killed 2+ extra dragons.

You have to spend money to make money, it's not even worthwhile to use the Ring of Kinship as a cheaper dueling ring, much less as a cheaper games necklace. Also, a cannon would vastly improve your ability to kill dragons and the rate at which you kill them (Meaning fast banking ie games necklaces become more important). And you might want to adjust the invy and setups below the pics to account for those with super antifires, bandos, etc (I'm not saying you need those things, or take a pic showing them, but account for them so your guide has a broader audience to reach). A good start though!

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

I would probably go as far to say just wearing black dragon hide with a decent melee level would be better all around, that way you don't get owned by revs. Green dragons don't hit that hard on my level 75 friend. So I'm sure most could get by with using it. Either way rune at max, why even risk dragon

Please Visit my Blog!

sig.jpg

- Experienced Monster Hunter - Forced Retirement Staker - Privite Chat is always ON -

1 Draconic Visage 26 Dragon Drops 1 GWD Drops 17 DK Drops 13 Coinshared Items

im pretty sure dragon boots on rangers is always a no-no.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

P.S. I know that this is the wrong segment for my monster hunting guide, but as I am yet not allowed to post anywhere else, I hope you will forgive me Tip.It. Crew.Sorry, Headrevenant

How are you not allowed to post anywhere else? Anyway, moved to proper forum.

im pretty sure dragon boots on rangers is always a no-no.

They do lower your range bonus by 1. Perhaps snakeskin or frog leather would be beneficial here, and I believe they are both cheap.

EDIT:

Ranger Boots (15m) +8 range attack bonus

Frog Leather Boots(400gp) +2 range attack bonus

Snakeskin Boots(24k) +3 range attack bonus

Maybe try one of those?

35b9enp.jpg

Great guide, just a couple of things:

D boots on a ranger is bad. The str bonus (i think theres a str bonus) is useless and so is the extra def if you are praying. But why you would pray on a green drag idk. Maybe because I'm a lvl 75 noob.

Guthix d hide may be dirt cheap right now, but the only part of it you really need is the coif. Rune c bow works fine in basically all range situations, no need for zaniks.

I'm stunned no one has said that a d plate is a waste of money yet. It is more expensive than a lot of barrows but full drag is really quite good, as well as looking waaaaay cooler than barrows imo.

That's all i have to say.

Bionic_Yoshi.png

TT rewards: 2 ranger boots, Zamorak page 1 (2x), Guthix page 1, Ancient page 2

You must construct additional oak larders doors... I mean pylons

Barrows: 10. Total value~22.3 mil. Ahrim Robeskirt is currently the item I have received the most.

kk tanks for all the tips and pointers i greatly appreciate them and will use all of your help in my next guide (keep in mind that this was my first guide) so ty anyway and cya

Also ranger helm > Neitz for rangers.

Also Cannon > no cannon

A note about fury amulet perhaps? Best items to use? (simple chart saying best --> still decent) Gear can be a lot better in my opinion.

A section about how to deal with renevants perhaps, or link to the guide that goes about this subject.

Familiars.

This is your first guide and I do think you right pretty good guides. It's just that the information is far from complete. The lay-out for a perfect guide is there tough.

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

well its not a bad start for a guide and i hope you dont take this the wrong way because i dont say it to be a flamer but...

-What makes this different from the 9 other tif guides on green drags?

- also you failed to mention the 2 fastest ways of killing these: in order they are cannon method > chaos tunnels (high melle stats)(no cannons down there) > eastern dragons

- also requirments?

-also there is no need for dragon armour here maybe the platelegs or skirt if its all you have but definately not the plate considering the main amount of damage youll be taking its from there dragonfire (magic based attack) wich means you should probably be useing dhide even when your melleing

its a great start for your first guide and sorry if that sounded flamey but it has good potential if you keep working on it and id be happy to post any pics you need just post on the comments here anything you need or message me, all in all nice layout.

"Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances."

Benjamin Franklin

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Albert Einstein

G%20I%20Jackass.png

G_I_Jackass.png