Suggestions and the like.

Wisp

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But if the mods and admin start getting involved with the actual roleplaying (except as players or GMs in their own games)....

I assure you we will not interfere with roleplays :) It's not our aim to restrict or hinder you guys. We're simply here to ensure that the rules are being followed and enforce them when necessary, as well as do any other forum organization/management work. We'd like to leave the main direction of this forum up to its participants.

This is just an out-of-curiosity question, but would you guys play any of the stuff here in the Tavern if you had time?

Well I can only answer for myself. I'm not much of a roleplayer so I would not. I know of a few people who are interested in roleplaying but I can't really answer for them :)

power limits/lack of for GM's

This seems to disagree with that statement, Tripsis.

Its probably just me overreacting and typing/meaning error, but I prefered it to be cleared up now :grin:

Well as for the matter of banning someone from a game, the administrative team vetoed that simply because it's a forum-wide rule. In NO forum can anyone ban a user from posting if they're not violating the rules. I'll use BlogScape as an example. There have been instances where bloggers have said "I don't want this person posting on my blog." However, if the user is not violating any rules, they are perfectly allowed to post. Same rule applies here. Unless there is VALID reason (i.e. user is violating the Tip.it Forum Rules or the game rules), we will not allow you guys to vote someone out of a game just because you find them annoying, etc. This is simply us administrators enforcing a forum-wide policy.

Could you get rid of post time limit in here, stakes and forum gamesl

can we get custom colours, I was thinking bright pink,

maybe cyan for becoming an accepted taverner? (lulz)

I don't see a reason to add post count, infact I see a lot of one word posts that don't amount to anything around here.

Maybe some fun, how about a title competition for the tavern only? Whoever wins the game Delta V?

If I remember correctly, it is not possible to remove flood control from specific forums. It can only be done by group. So this is not an option even if we were to consider it. Custom colours are for staff members and members of similar positions only. Not for forum sections ;)

I got a warning that one of my posts could be seen as being offensive to Muslims.

...Except I was roleplaying as an extremely militant crusader type country :wall:

But if the mods and admin start getting involved with the actual roleplaying (except as players or GMs in their own games)....

I assure you we will not interfere with roleplays :) It's not our aim to restrict or hinder you guys. We're simply here to ensure that the rules are being followed and enforce them when necessary, as well as do any other forum organization/management work. We'd like to leave the main direction of this forum up to its participants.

:(

history happened people!

That's an example of us enforcing the Tip.it Forum Rules. We try not to limit your guys' creativity and freedom, but if you do post something that could be offensive, it is in violation of the Tip.it Forum Rules. As I said, we do work to uphold the forum rules.. but we're not going to interfere in roleplays just for the sake of interfering.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

If a GM were to have the powers to ban an individual from participation in a thread, it should be left to his own discretion. It's still easy for a troll to cause problems and then manipulate the rules so that he can cause problems and still not break the rules.

As suggested earlier, a forum-specific floodgate customization would be ideal for certain roleplay threads, though I personally find the current floodgate filter tolerable in other threads. Just read the post above. My bad.

Post count really isn't that big of a deal anymore, yeah.

And as long as the mods/admins aren't sending us PMs over being offensive to so and so group because we're fighting Muslims in a roleplay thread, I can't think of anything further to add.

EDIT: For [cabbage]s and giggles, I'll go ahead and suggest that we have a poll and decide on a new name for our board (especially considering the fact that we're not associated with Runescape in any fashion). I see ourselves as our own community in our own right, and it's personally a little awkward to discuss our community on other sites due to the name (which is a reference to Runescape).

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Well, it could be something that I can give them a warning for if we were to have some rules unique to this forum. First time they post something non constructive/flame etc I could warn them, etc.

I just included that on the OP because if someone wants to suggest anything relating to GM powers, they can.

Something like:

'While Falador Tavern embraces a policy of leniency when it comes to Off-Topic posting, a Game Master, who is sufficently moved by events unfolding in the game, or personal annoyance or the combined complaint of those who play said game, may petition a/the Falador Tavern Moderator/s, to suspend this leniency and/or restrict postings, on their thread, to only those who are engaged in the game.

This rule is suspended if the Falador Tavern Moderator or Moderators are involved in playing the game and thus has/may have a conflict of interests.'

Though it would seem that any such action contravenes the Forum-Wide Policy

Personally...Unless the person is actually flamming...in which case the rules should still apply as per normal...there is no real reason for a formal system to exist.

If any rule should exist in relation to banning people from threads, (in the sense that the moderator(GM) will ignore their posts) then it should be that, if a banned person were to continue posting, and continually aggrevating other people on the thread, then a Moderator should be called upon (by the moderator(GM)) to request that the user stop posting.

However, this should only be if the person has been banned, has continued posting as though they were still playing (for at least a day afterwards) and the moderator(GM) has requested Moderator intervention.

That should really be as far as it goes.

This is simply us administrators enforcing a forum-wide policy.

I agree about that. I disagree about the incident we are thinking about due to the linguistics used and misinterpretations since then....But I agree with the point you are making.

I was simply concerned that putting OTHER limits on the moderator(GM), outside of those placed by the Tip It Rules, was being seriously proposed.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

This is just an out-of-curiosity question, but would you guys play any of the stuff here in the Tavern if you had time?

Well I can only answer for myself. I'm not much of a roleplayer so I would not. I know of a few people who are interested in roleplaying but I can't really answer for them :)

power limits/lack of for GM's

This seems to disagree with that statement, Tripsis.

Its probably just me overreacting and typing/meaning error, but I prefered it to be cleared up now :grin:

Well as for the matter of banning someone from a game, the administrative team vetoed that simply because it's a forum-wide rule. In NO forum can anyone ban a user from posting if they're not violating the rules. I'll use BlogScape as an example. There have been instances where bloggers have said "I don't want this person posting on my blog." However, if the user is not violating any rules, they are perfectly allowed to post. Same rule applies here. Unless there is VALID reason (i.e. user is violating the Tip.it Forum Rules or the game rules), we will not allow you guys to vote someone out of a game just because you find them annoying, etc. This is simply us administrators enforcing a forum-wide policy.

Could you get rid of post time limit in here, stakes and forum gamesl

can we get custom colours, I was thinking bright pink,

maybe cyan for becoming an accepted taverner? (lulz)

I don't see a reason to add post count, infact I see a lot of one word posts that don't amount to anything around here.

Maybe some fun, how about a title competition for the tavern only? Whoever wins the game Delta V?

If I remember correctly, it is not possible to remove flood control from specific forums. It can only be done by group. So this is not an option even if we were to consider it. Custom colours are for staff members and members of similar positions only. Not for forum sections ;)

I got a warning that one of my posts could be seen as being offensive to Muslims.

...Except I was roleplaying as an extremely militant crusader type country :wall:

:(

history happened people!

That's an example of us enforcing the Tip.it Forum Rules. We try not to limit your guys' creativity and freedom, but if you do post something that could be offensive, it is in violation of the Tip.it Forum Rules. As I said, we do work to uphold the forum rules.. but we're not going to interfere in roleplays just for the sake of interfering.

Im surprised I never got called out for that, considering I had Italia slaughtering Muslims and enslaving Jews to clear Slavic Barbarian lands.

I think that banning that sort of roleplay is like Germany banning swastikas in video games. There is a difference between flying a swastika and wanting your virtual German Zergreich to be authentic.

In response to GM powers, the GM should post a link to the unacceptable things done in the thread and than the moderator should see if breaks any game rules/forum rules.

It should be a GM's descision to boot people but it has to be played with the admin. It's not the descision of the players.

That should fix all problems.

[Falador tavern]

Edel, the enntire point of banning is disabling him from ruining the fun of the other players, there is not a single big game where the owner bans because he doesn't like the player. Actually that's the entire point of banning everywhere, you do it to make the others happy, not yourself.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Edel, the enntire point of banning is disabling him from ruining the fun of the other players, there is not a single big game where the owner bans because he doesn't like the player. Actually that's the entire point of banning everywhere, you do it to make the others happy, not yourself.

Banning is if a person is ruining the game, if they are not breaking any rules than they shouldn't be banned.

[Falador tavern]

Yes they should, if someone was using bioweapons to do the most damage possible to everyone else and just kept doing so to keep them down, would you appreciate the mod not doing anything against it?

What the [bleep]! If someone is attacking people than people can attack them back, the moderator should ban those weapons but if not than the person is perfectly entitled to attack whoever they feel, for whatever reason.

Mathers hegemony.

No attacking, jingoism, banter between countrys.

If someone gets too powerful they are banned.

I will allow everything but if it ruins gameplay (for the person being attacked) than it is insantly banned along with the attacker.

[Falador tavern]

The last real powerful "bully" countries ware the Soviet Union and Nazi Germany, look how much the world liked them.

It doesn't matter does it though. A powerful country can attack whoever it wants with whatever weapons it wants, a divine power can't just stop them. If a person is attacking you than you can get your allys and attack them back, otherwise they are free to do whatever they want (as long as its within the rules)

[Falador tavern]

They still shouldn't be banned for it. People should be entitled to attack* whoever they want to!

*lets not use the word bully, it giving a bad name to powerful hegemony players. If one country attacks another country continuously or whatever they are attacking it.

[Falador tavern]

Depending on who you ask: Rocco

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Then answer this, what bully has ever been smart and who that has bullied everyone is not hated?

thats completly irrelevant, a person should be allowed to attack whoever they want in hegemony without fair of making little Mather's game not fun anymore.

A person should be allowed to destroy every single player in the game, leaving them helpless to do a thing because this is the game.

Bully: Everyone who's ever attacked someone in hegemony according to Mather.

[Falador tavern]