Suggestions and the like.

Wisp

-_- I only lost a few million here or there. -_-

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sufficing to say that the moderator has power because they are expected to occupy a neutral position, thus, putting limits on their power is like saying 'Red cannot be Green'.

Except, in Hegemony, people constantly cite that Red is Green...

Thus, commonsense dicatates that you don't limit the moderators power, because then the moderator gets sucked into an argument about Green being Green, and if Green being Green means revealing everyones secret plans then someone who is being attacked can say RED IS GREEN! have Moderators and Admin come charging in to defend liberty, freedom and whatnot, leading to the game collapsing.

I think the major problem spawns from Moderators being moderators, and the preponderance to get confused between banning someone from a game and banning someone from a thread.

So Moderators should be banned from being moderators...

Or ir should all just be ignored for the summerised reasons below.

Summery:

Rules on moderators is silly.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

when Doom ratted us out to Dusty and broke essentially the entire war plan except for my Skriddeki invasion which was an untested concept anyways. To be honest, everyone expected it from them though, and they're still the least controversial Tavernites because they never flame or troll and are perhaps the greatest intellects here next to Archi.

Well, me and Dusty have been allies in I believe every single Hegemony, or atleast never been at war (except when it was the only way for the game to continue, being in the last couple players). And, to be fair, I specifically told my flame boats not to attack the troop transports, because killing all those troops without even a chance wouldn't be fair or fun for anyone.

Plus, I don't like everyone teaming up on someone because someone decides they are getting too powerful. Kinda the situation I'm in now in Napoleonic.

Might I remind everyone that aside from Doom in South America, I think I had the highest percentage of people surviving the anthrax bombing? :thumbup:

Heh, I love how everyone there had like 10 people, and I had a billion or so, and all I would have had to do to win was kill the civil war infested US.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

To be fair, I am attacking you out of petty vengence for the last game and the roleplay imperative.

About 25-75 split.

I would not be overly bothered about neighbouring another powerful country...hell, I have Austria and Russia next to me, one more country that could insta-kill me doesn't affect me much.

Yeah, but Retech was the mod, not alot I can do to stop that :thumbsup:

Nah, its not terribly vengeful, if you were not France then I would probably have just been a bit sarcastic and told Dusty that, if we were in the same battle, to either aim specifically for your units or to not come to your rescue...After that, probably go back to how things were before.

Yeah, but Retech was the mod, not alot I can do to stop that :thumbsup:

Nah, its not terribly vengeful, if you were not France then I would probably have just been a bit sarcastic and told Dusty that, if we were in the same battle, to either aim specifically for your units or to not come to your rescue...After that, probably go back to how things were before.

Someone else on your side was a traitor*

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Probably, Hegemony does not engender trust, and the potential for backstabbing is always high.

But, in all honesty, it is not a big deal...

Only reason it was such a big deal at the time, was the general lack of roleplay on your part.

Byzantia stands to gain less from the betrayal than from loyalty, so it cannot be anticipated, which is akin to someone joining the red team solely to shoot the red team in the back of the head, so their friend in the blue team can win...

You feel like you have been cheated out of actually playing a game, instead you have been used as a tool for fawning.

Wasn't Rocco. I don't know who it was, but it wasn't Rocco.

Well, in this case, I was able to conquer a bunch of territory near me, while armies were away. So I had more to gain that way, rather than getting a piece of a 6 way split of spain.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Well, in this case, I was able to conquer a bunch of territory near me, while armies were away. So I had more to gain that way, rather than getting a piece of a 6 way split of spain.

Plus control over the eastern half of the Mediterranean (and assistance by the Spanish fleet towards that goal), free passage through the straits of Gibraltar, and a strong military alliance with one of the great powers of Europe.

Or Byzantium couldn't sided with the giant mega coalition that would disintegrate immediately after it's objectives were completed, and be stuck with some relatively weak alliances with nations that really didn't owe them anything and so future support from was not assured.

Yeah, I think doom made the right decision.

The information on the other traitor might be somewhere in my PMs, but I don't even know who this other traitor is. :mellow:

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Plus control over the eastern half of the Mediterranean (and assistance by the Spanish fleet towards that goal), free passage through the straits of Gibraltar, and a strong military alliance with one of the great powers of Europe.

Or Byzantium couldn't sided with the giant mega coalition that would disintegrate immediately after it's objectives were completed, and be stuck with some relatively weak alliances with nations that really didn't owe them anything and so future support from was not assured.

Yeah, I think doom made the right decision.

No, not really, BECAUSE THE GAME ENDED.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I shot myself in the foot because I didn't realise that I would need to expand to get a higher budget. I thought I could invest in something or other.

So stuck with a 10m budget, I could only stick to defense, which was getting nowhere fast. I mean, i probably could have held out for years, given that the Cathedral Terra was nigh-impenetrable, but what good would that have done if I couldn't muster a counterattack?

2Xeo5.png

Well this is the thing.

Allying with Spain leads to total stability, since all of the would be enemies of Spain and Byzantia are reduced to fifth rate powers.

Total stability therefore leads to Stagnation or to Betrayal.

Stagnation because the remaining powers have no way of ever challanging the alliance, meaning no one tries, meaning the game stagnates and dies...Since there is no mechanism for the mega-empires falling apart, as happened to the various Empires in history.

Betrayal because, without any enemies to fight, the alliance has no point.

So, Byzantia signs up to temporary alliance with a more powerful nation, by burning all of its bridges with any potential ally when the alliance expires.

If Byzantia had betrayed us by not launching an attack and instead launching a full attack across Europe, then that would have made sense...We would have defeated/weakened your main competitor while you harvested our lands...

But, end of the day, you chose to come second...

TBH, it was bad roleplay on my part, Dusty offered me more for absolutely nothing than I was offered for joining the attack on him. I only joined cause I was bored and wanted to go out in a mega war. Oh and the traitor was probably Grim, I always suspected him, but shouting TRAITOR in the middle of plans kinda makes it all go into a [cabbage]storm.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Paul, Grim, Mather, or Spoon. One of them was the traitor.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Just imagine if Archi was behind the WHOLE thing and he told Dusty the plans and they were going to split it 50/50....

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Hehe, I am brilliant enough to think up such a plan, and probably commited enough to carry it on for this long...

But I am not devious enough to actually put it into action.

And I doubt other people are commited enough once the game ends...Most people are not commited enough while the game is still running. :thumbdown: