Pirates 2: Return of the Kraken

a_bert

Kaythanx.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit: More tomorrow, I'm afraid, I'm tired today as I was working in the garden for a while. Sorry! I will try to update earlier tomorrow than I did today: I admit I was still on cooldown from a heavy first session where I was thinking on my feet quite a lot. Hopefully the quality will go up soon, as I try to think of more scenarios.

My my Jen, my my

You ignore the sailor moaning on the floor and join the fray. The two Spaniards have their backs to you, and you manage to land a lucky blow on one of them, which sends him to the floor. The other turns around and parries your thrust, and calls for help. He is joined by another of his horde.

You stand beside your crewmate and face off the Spaniards, growling at each other and throwing insults. All four of you exchange blades, the swift sound of metal clanging loudly across the decking between you. But you are at a stalemate: nobody can penetrate their opponents guard. You note your crewmate is tiring, and you recognise that he is bleeding from a thigh wound. You realise that you have to do something drastic to win the fight.

A swift glance around reveals:

The pirate who you left to his wounds is still there, but doesn't seem to be in anymore pain than earlier. There is a stray cannonball rolling on deck behind the Spaniards, perhaps you could use this. There is a small rowing boat to your right, though you figure it might be hard to use it effectively. Behind you is a swivel cannon.

Oh, well, now that you ask, Barkeep

Well, I, 'er, I guess that if you just let us drink for free fer a little while. That'd do the job jus' right I reckon

The drunk explains:

The girl, who we know as Elizabeth, is a dodgy character. Not much is known about her on the island, but she is always spotted where something criminal has happened. In the past, she has had affiliations with pirates, or so it's rumoured, but nothing is ever proven.

The dutchman is apparently called Robbye, and he stays in a nearby tavern called the Dog Biscuit. Not much is known about him either, but there are rumours he has a comission from the Dutch government.

Welcome to the Banana Valois!

As you enter the building, you are overcome by the stench, almost to the point where you fall over. Luckily, you quickly regain your wits and push your way to the bar. You purchase a room for the night, and spend the rest of the day recovering.

When you awake in the morning, you go downstairs and find that the only people left in the tavern are those who were so drunk they passed out where they had been drinking the night before. Some of them are still asleep, but others have come round and are playing cards with each other.

You walk over to them, and ask to join in. Sure, they say. They're playing Pontoon (21).

"Say, you boys looking for some work?

Perhaps, they respond. You explain your proposition: there are jobs available on your ship. They grin at you,

"Aye, we'll work for ye. If you can beat us."

You nod, seems fair enough.

Your cards are "King of Spades" and the "7 of Diamonds"

Ace is high or low, faces are worth 11.

Hold or draw? If you go bust, you will have to find some other ruffians!

Teaves' Terror (or not)

The Captain sighs in relief, "thank you, thank you" he mutters.. You kick him in the leg: Where is the money? you demand. He mutters something about the floorboards in his quarters, and you duly search around the floor for a dodgy one.

Lifting it up, you find his comission: 30,000 pesos. Not a bad haul! Your crew has found an additional 6,000 worth of cargo.

You abandon the ship, returning to yours. Your navigator asks,

Port or More, Cap'n?

Brave, Nathan, brave!

The ships rumble as they continue alongside each other, and you slowly stand up from your crouched position atop the spar, edging along it towards the brig. At just the right moment, you flawlessly leap to Brig's rigging, landing two metres from the French sailors.

You climb up to balance yourself on the mast arm of the brig, pulling your dirk out and staring down the sailors. They move towards you, and you daringly jump up on the mast, unnerving them. The nearest one is immobilised for an instant, and you swiftly lean forward and stab him with the point of your dirk in the throat.

The other sailor cries out in french, and balances himself on the mast opposite you. Then begins quite an extraordinary swordfight: both of you taking one step forward and then one back, thrusting cautiously at the other.

However, your superior agility soon becomes apparent: you effortlessly dance around the mast but the frenchman loses his footing, slipping down until he has one leg either side (ouch!). You advance on him, and he desperately tries to keep you at bay, but you knock his sword away and slide your knife into his throat, then push him down off the mast.

You advance to where the mast is splintered, and, with some trouble, manage to dislodge it from it's upright position.

Looking down, you can see that your crew has followed your lead and boarded the enemy ship. However, their overconfidence may be there downfall, your crew are heavily outnumbered. Do you have a flash of inspiration for how you may help?

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

I won't be able to play for a lot of time, Currently in NYC, and busy helping family with stuff.

But, my action is to ignore his annoyingness, and continue with the deal.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Jen fires the cannonball from the swivel cannon at the enemy.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Pfft. Pirates. Think themselves better than we businessman. Ah, well, a part o' this world for better or for worse.

I accept the drunks' request, and look around the bar for anyone of interest.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Hey Dungeon! Would you consider continuing this now? :)

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Welcome to the Banana Valois!

As you enter the building, you are overcome by the stench, almost to the point where you fall over. Luckily, you quickly regain your wits and push your way to the bar. You purchase a room for the night, and spend the rest of the day recovering.

When you awake in the morning, you go downstairs and find that the only people left in the tavern are those who were so drunk they passed out where they had been drinking the night before. Some of them are still asleep, but others have come round and are playing cards with each other.

You walk over to them, and ask to join in. Sure, they say. They're playing Pontoon (21).

"Say, you boys looking for some work?

Perhaps, they respond. You explain your proposition: there are jobs available on your ship. They grin at you,

"Aye, we'll work for ye. If you can beat us."

You nod, seems fair enough.

Your cards are "King of Spades" and the "7 of Diamonds"

Ace is high or low, faces are worth 11.

Hold or draw? If you go bust, you will have to find some other ruffians!

Monsieur Valois is nothing if not a bold risk taker - I draw.

I look around the bar, checking who is there.

(Isn't Earthsage in the bar?)

RIP Dawngate ;-;

No.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]