Pirates 2: Return of the Kraken

a_bert

Err.. Dungeon, could yeh start me off?

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh! Ooh! Earth!

You should start in my bar! I could sooo be the town quest-giver! :D

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Fine. I'll start off at nex's bar then.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

"OH CRAP OH CRAP OH CRAP OH CRAP," Jen thinks to herself. In front of her crewmates, she stands confidently and begins treating the second man with the chest wound. She goes with the lucky red herb, because red is the color of blood, hopefully staunching the bloodflow. If she can, she wraps the wounds of both men in cloth.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

I inquire with the patrons if any of them were familiar with the odd lady and gent having just left the bar, and go back behind the counter to try and pick up a parchment to try sketching the two of them. I pat Jacques on the head and hand him my blackjack to play with, careful to keep an eye on him and make sure he doesn't eat it.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

fyi: Earth

Ah yes, hello there Damascus, please.. be seated

You are seated in a room, opposite a smartly dressed man known as Quintin Toxificus, discussing a new business deal. As an ambassador for your ship "Terracorpus", it is your job to choose the deals for your crew as merchants to undertake. Your ship has just 8 guns, and it's crew numbers 18 people. Small time merchants with big time ambitions.

Quintin is annoying you. His deal, on paper, is very good. You can buy 7,000 pesos worth of silver at the Spanish port Portobello, and sail it to Europe, for a profit of at least 13,000 pesos.

But he is ANNOYING!

And he probably has at least 1,000 pesos worth on him...

You twitch. Do you try out those pistols? Or do you persist, and make the deal?

but yes, alas, I will continue tomorrow!

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

Mr Valois, welcome to Moe's

You enter the tavern and look around, there are bar fights, ugly large breasted women, pigs, and rum everywhere. You grin, Tortuga - never change. You walk through the tavern to the bar, where you order a grog, and look around closer. You see a pair of nasty looking ruffians with a cutlass each and one ear between the two of them and approach them.

"Say, lads, you be willing to do a bit of work fo' me?. Your question is innocent enough, but they soon guess what you are after. After you explain exactly what you want, they look at you curiously. Then they say no.

Then you get mad. Their cowardlyness is almost as bad as Lefevre's! You draw your blade, an inscribed sabre that has been with you since you joined the navy.

A battle occurs, 2 on 1, but you are a battle hardened midshipman of the French navy! They are no match for you! They immediatley throw themselves at you, intending on using brute strength to pin you to the floor, but despite the crush you manage to dodge out of the way and the 'ruffians' manage to land on the floor themselves.

Obviously drunk, you can't help but feel a twinge of pity for them as you slice two fingers from each right hand, just like the old days.

You conclude that there is nobody on this lump of rock other than you willing to do what is needed for France, so you march off to Lefevre's house.

You succeed in provoking a duel (if you must know, you described his mother as l'escargot), and you grin with glee. You can already feel Lemarchal's plans becoming that much closer to reality, and you know it is because of you.

The duel is tomorrow, to the death.

Pierre Valois is a badass. Hells yea.

Since Lefevre issued the duel, I get to choose weapons - swords. Because pistols are for cowardly scum like Lefevre who care nothing for the glory of France, only for their own political advancement.

Before the duel, I pass on a sealed envelope to one of my friends on the ship I'm serving on, telling him to pass it on to Admiral Lemarchal.

The letter simply states that if I win the duel (which shouldn't be too hard against a politician militaryman like Lefevre; nonetheless, I'm not getting cocky), that I expect a promotion to Lieutenant de vaisseau (Ship of the Line Lieutenant), and be second in command of the ship I'm serving on.

Sorry. Didn't see it.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

It's your loss, Master Newport!

Double or nothing it is.. Of course.. the odds are in your favour this time, as you can't really go higher than an Ace. And duly, the cards deliver, a Jack of Spades is drawn.

2000 pesos! Lovely money.

Aww scupper. Congratulations you limy bastard.

You grin and collect your winnings, walking back up to top deck and joining the captain at the wheel. The ship is arriving at Southhampton, the port where the investors designated the coffee to be sold.

Ah, glorious England! It is good to be back. The smell of glory is already filling your nostrils.

The captain interupts your daydream, and offers you the chance to go ashore first, to seek out a buyer for the cargo. He explains that after you have found a buyer, you will be given a few weeks time off while the next voyage is planned and you are due to return to prepare the ship for passage to the Americas again.

That was my last action.

I walk around the trade districts to look for buyers for the coffee.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Wow. This is not only fun, but also an honest-to-god roleplay. Dungeonal, you might be the god of the Tavern.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Yesh yesh. Let's hope he doesn't burn out though.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Here is the text document with a brief summary of everything has happened to everyone so far. I will update it (presumably) as time goes by and leave a link in the OP.

Alas Rocco! I did not notice earlier.

I DID do your action, however for some reason I cannot fathom I managed to post it in a post ABOVE where you posted! No wonder you missed it!

Here it is (and sorry for the delay in making you aware!)

Ah, who needs choices, eh Teaves? Just do 'em all..

You pick up the rope with your free hand, but as you lean to pick it up, the bastard Spaniard swipes your arm and cuts the skin. Enraged, you throw the rope into his face, and he forgets his guard as he goes to catch it. You go on the wild offensive, slashing like a haymaker, and the Spaniard falls over the side. What an idiot, jeez.

As you look around, victorious, you note similar happenings are beginning to happen among your crew. The 29 vs 32 has turned into a 24 vs 16, and the way is now clear for you to walk to the Captain's Quarters.

You cut your way there, and barge open the door. The Captain looks very sheepish, is sitting at his desk with his sword lain across it.

"So, who are you?"

How do you answer? With words, with your sword? Do you offer him surrender? Do you cut him down where he stands? Your crew has all but won the battle outside. All that remains is the Captains duel.

In other news: I am noting everything down in a txt file at the moment so that I can TRY to remember it all/use information/keep a standard, and after this has finished then I will continue with updates.

This game is awesome, no offense ICU but it's better than the original.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I think so too Nex... I think so too.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Ok: I have about 45 minutes free time now, I will try my best to get through as many as possible. Then I will be back in a few hours.

Good luck, rogue, good luck...

Your spine shivers, and not for the first time you question your captain's sanity. The pay will make it worthwhile though, you surmise.

Outnumbered on all counts, the Acheron raises her sails and chases down the French brig. The french ship raises her colours, and her guns are rolled out. Silence falls upon the Acheron as the 28 sticks of iron become visible. The enemy brig instant drops anchor and turns to face you.

Her starboard side stares your sails down like a rhino preparing to charge, and the flapping of the wind suddenly seems extremely loud to your ears. Your two ships are about 1600 yards apart, you suspect just out of range. As if in answer to your question, the brig fires her cannons. The Volley is a tame one, meant to encourage you to retreat. All but one of the shots fall short: but the one that hit strikes a hole the size of a dog in the front of the ship. Ouch, big hit.

Your captain is undaunted however, and turns the ship to port. His intentions are clear: to come alongside the front of the french brig. With full sails and the wind behind you, the Acheron should have no problem with this! The French react instantly however, and haul anchor. It's a race against time.

But the double masts of the brig seem to be making headway.. it looks more and more like you won't be able to get into position in time!

Your captain, concerned now, takes a huge risk. He orders a turn to starboard, setting scale for a full broadside fly by...

You inhale sharply, and watch with an open jaw as the Acheron edges near and near to the brig... SLAM! Your hulls hit each other, and a few pistols are fired - none hit - and the ships continue on.. broadside to broadside: 26 cannons are fired. 12 from you, 14 from them. Huge destruction on both of your parts, 7 french sailors fall, just 6 miraculously from your ship.

But the key cannon hit the french ship's main mast. The mast is hanging on by a splinter, it won't fall on it's own, but if it falls then the battle could be won immediately. You see an opening: the spar of your main mast is about to come alongside the french ship's rigging: If you dare to jump onto the french ship then you could use your dirk to (man you're strong!) push the brig's mast down. However: the French have two sailors manning the rigging where you need to jump, and nobody on your ship is acrobatic enough to help you. If you jump, you could meet your death. On the other hand, if you wait for the captain's next ridiculous move, you could be dead anyway.

Anything specific, Nathan?

Oh Jen.. oh jen..

The first crewmate, whom now you are closer you make out to be Antonio, moans for some water, which is given to him by a nearby man, and you smile as you kneel down next to crewmate two - Jonathan. Blood is spilling out onto the deck, and you wrip off the end of your jacket, and use it to cover the wound.

You shout for some bandages, and the same crewmate who helped antonio throws some wet cloth at you. Not the best, but it will have to do. You wrap it around Jonathan, covering his wound, and the bleeding seems to slow a little. You reach into your pack and pull out the red herb. Your logic is questionable, but you figure you have nothing better to go on. You grab a nearby pitcher, fill it with rum (!?!?!?!), and infuse it with the herb.

Tipping Jonathans head back, you slowly pour it down his throat. He coughs a little, but his eyes regain his focus.

Congratulations: You chose the right herb!

You tap him lightly on the shoulder, and go back over to see Antonio, who is getting to his feet.

Congratulations: You chose the right crewmate!

You grin, and look around for more wounded. You are again faced with a dilemma:

You see one of your crewmates fighting two spaniards, and your friend looks to be tiring. He will almost certainly be cut down if you don't help.

However, you again see one of your crewmates wounded, lying against the side decking clutching his stomach, he is moaning loudly. You can't tell how serious his wound is from here.

Decide who to help.

Oiy, flint, another one 'ere mate

Jacques flaps in evident delight at the acquistion of the blackjack: good show.

Your attempt to draw them doesn't hold much weight: You can keep a tavern but you were never much of an artist. Well, apart from drawing Jacques, but that's another story...

The two drunken men on the stools call you over and ask for another pint, which you pour for them. You ask them if they'd ever seen the lady and gent before, and they look at you curiously.

What's in't fo'me, I say? I mighta seen 'em or I might not. I remembers their faces from when the' were in 'ere all right, familiar as hell to me there are righ' now, but what's it be worth? Say I knew '[garden tool] they were? What's it worth?

You stare at the drunken man sadly, you suspect he knows something but wonders if his price might be too high.

Out of the corner of your eye, you note the man who was sat in the corner get up to leave. He leaves his tab on the table, 200 pesos. He seemed to decide to leave when you mentioned the couple. Perhaps he knows something too?

Choose who you pursue. You can pay the drunks, or you can attempt to chase the man. You can only do one, however! No cheating.

I say we head for Havana, c'pan Whitethroat

"Very well, Adrien, make heading.

As your newly 19 gunned ship leaves port and heads for Havana, you reflect on your life at sea. You are proud of what you have accomplished, but you are aware you haven't really made any headlines either. Something to ponder, you conclude.

The winds are fair, and you are soon far from friendly port and perilously close to guarded Spanish territory. Your sloop seems to come alive as your crew feel the tension of battle coming closer.

Land'[garden tool] is called from the nest, and you see the port of Havana emerge on the horizon. Several ships are visible in your sight.

Nearest you is a Spanish sloop, 18 guns and a crew of 28. Easy prey.

Slightly further away, another Spanish ship, this time a treasure galleon. 30 cannons and a crew of 52, tough prey.

Away from land is an English brig, with 24 guns and a crew of 32. Medium.

Note: You are at war with both these nations. Details of wars are in the top of the txt document. Also posted here:

England - Netherlands + Spain

Spain - England + France

Netherlands - England + France

France - Spain + England

Anyway I'm afraid that's all for now: back later.

@rocco yeh i know bro, I'm getting to you

Jen figures that the worse thing that could happen with the stomachache would be to release his bowels. She springs into combat against the two Spaniards with her rapier.

I collect the moeny, and decide that the situation is too far gone for a simple barkeep to deal with. I ask the drunk his price.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

May the best man win, Valois

It's 5pm, and the sun is about to go down. You stand with your back locked against Lefevre, sabre in hand. The Adjudicator, one of Lefevre's clerks calls out the paces. One. Two. Three. You are you confident, but you still feel your heart in your throat as you step forward.

Turn! You swivel on your foot, and immediately lunge forward. Lefevre parries your blow clumsily, and you grit your teeth, advancing on him again. You swing with your sabre left and right, pushing Lefevre backwards towards the end of the marked rectangle. He blocks desperately, and then apparently loses his footing. You see your chance, and swing your sword down on him, but he recovers from his feigned fall (oh man) and sidesteps your swing, stabbing you in the leg.

You roar, angered at having fallen for his sly trick: a politican indeed. You switch to thrusts, attacking Lefevre's again desperate guard. He is tiring: but you are high on adrenline from your wound. Pressing forward, Lefevre trips, for real this time, but you don't take the bait anyway, and stab him in the stomach. He doubles over, and you swing at his neck, causing blood to splurt everywhere, and his body drops to the floor.

You step away, and classily wipe your blade on the ground, a grim smirk forming across your face.

You grip your leg, the pain arriving now that the fight is over, and grudgingly tie some cloth over the wound, and conclude that you need to go to a tavern to rest.

Do you go to the Blind Banana, a low cost tavern notorious for it's poor quality of regulars? Or the more respectable Dirk's head? A tavern with an entirely different class as people.

You realise that no matter where you choose, word will reach you of your granted promotion.

Welcome back Master Newport, may I interest you in my wares?

You head for the market, an easily findable landmark in the sprawling town of Southampton.

You wander through the stalls for a short while, but see nothing promising. You leave the market through the north exit, and walk through the streets for a while. Eventually you enter a building signposted "Fine Beverages to be had at Al's Beverage Store". It's a bit of a mouthful, but you forgive 'Al' for it.

You go inside and ask to speak to Al, who duly invites you into his office. It's a small room, but you smile as you enter because it smells distinctively of coffee.

Al himself is quite a short man, but podgy, clearly well off and enjoying life as a small time merchant and storekeeper. You explain what you have, how much you want for it, and the deal goes surprisingly smoothly.

You shake hands, and agree to transfer the cargo tomorrow morning. Just as you turn to leave, he stops you, and asks you if you might be interested in trading in something.. completely different. He drops his eyes to you, and gestures for you to sit down.

You can sit with him, and discuss his proposition, or you can smile smartly and leave and continue to explore the town. You feel that if you sat down you may lose some honour, but are unsure if it would be worth it.

Never, Teaves, never

The captain lowers his gaze and picks up his sword.

"I hate pirates." he says, obviously, before standing up and sidestepping around the room until he is opposite you.

He makes the first move, a nervous lunge of a defeated man. You step out of the way easily, and thrust forward, catching his leg with the tip of your blade. He yelps, clearly not an experienced fighting man, and you take a step forward. He swings his blade at you, but you parry it and counter-stab, hitting him in the groin. Classy.

He holds up his hand: "No more! no more!"

Do you let him live, or do you finish him off?

My action is to wait for Dungeonal to respond to my prior post. :rolleyes:

RIP Dawngate ;-;