Hegemony Questions

Wisp

Questions and all  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Want to play a Hegemony Type game?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends on the time period/ruleset
  2. 2. Time Period:

• Modern
    • Future (Space)
    • Pre Modern (1945+)
    • Colonial (1700s+)
    • Medieval (1300's)
    • Way back When (Old)
  3. 3. Rules

• IAG or similar and budget resets
    • Original GDP/ budget based

I'd like an IRC combat system.

It'd work like this.

A and B have a fight, the moderator invites them both into one channel (we'll sort out a channel, no biggy). Both of them also have a PM inwhich they're sending the moderator their plans of attack.

This is so battles are more realistic, I mean you don't just have a fight per year or such, each battle would of course cost money and such, so people wont just steam roll. The way to work if someone is away, is they either tell the mod, then their country becomes unattackable (only fair) if the mod recieved no warning of absense for a scheduled battle, then the mod will control the battle (though that could become biased) or it goes back to the old system for just that battle.

If we're doing the city/town, then a battle would be you conquering that, or part of it, or hell, you could attack the country side and build a town in their land, claiming it for yourself.

I just believe it would allow more micromanagement, and a lot less people screaming they didn't tell their troops to do that.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Like this:

Player: The chieftain and the prime spearmen travel to pillage the village near the mountains.

*Half an hour passes*

Mod: You travel for fifteen days, though your journey was safe and uneventful, as you arrive at the village you find it littered with corpses and full of blood splatters yet to be washed away by the rain, all the food is gone. One of your spearmen found a dead wolf just outside of the village and a trail of blood that leads up the mountain.

Player: We head home/We follow the trail.

Or, more likely.

Player: The chieftain and the prime spearmen travel to pillage the village near the mountains.

*Half an hour passes*

Mod: You travel for fifteen days, though your journey was safe and uneventful, as you arrive at the village you find it littered with corpses and full of blood splatters yet to be washed away by the rain, all the food is gone. One of your spearmen found a dead wolf just outside of the village and a trail of blood that leads up the mountain.

*2 hours pass*

Another Player: I jump out and hit the Chieften over the head with a rock.

Or

Player: I set up camp

Player 2: I set up camp 2 hours away from Player 1's camp

Player: Ok, I am going to bed

Player 2: I attack Player 1's Camp

Or

Player: Help, I am being attacked

Player 2: I will help you

Mod: You are two hours away

Player: I need to go out, back in two hours.

Ps, I like Ico's idea.

I didn't like Hex's idea, it seemed flimsy.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

IRC is far better than PM, since you can actually talk...though I think that PM options should be made avalible.

IE, the mod and any players who want to discuss the battle over IRC should be able to, while people who don't like IRC have to make do with sending their plan in.

Use it during combat, maybe? Then you don't have to wait a million hours for someone to finish that epically long battle report. Just use nottaker while the battle progresses and you can post it like that.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

They are long winded and take a while to post. Using IRC for them allows players to make small decicions during the battle, and makes it easier for the moderator to post it afterwards.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Very true. Battle reports are ok to write if you have two complimentary styles of battle...But if you have 'I lay a trap' and 'I stand waiting for them to attack' it gets very boring and people scream at you alot.

If the mod REALLY feels like it, they could write one out afterwards to sum up what happened, similar to what Archi does after a space session.

IRC makes it so much easier on the mod and player, the mod knows exactly what the player wants then, and there's no excuses and little rage quits.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Its little effort for a big reward, you don't just play to win you play to play.

you want instant. information processing.

I want fun things with no gimmicks.

[Falador tavern]

I remember when Archi and me tested out a space combat he made for the hegemony where everyone turned on me. It was the funnest I've ever had in hegemony, it allowed for good RP and I never realised how fun space combat is.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Not hugely....Hegemony is a roleplaying game, not an information processing game...So sending two plans to the moderator and having the moderator draft a battle report....Its information processing.

Not everyone can use IRC/ shouldn't have to suffer for not using it.

A battle could be done by PM.

Attacker = This person is attack the defendee

Defendee = This person is attacked by the attacker

Moderator = Moderator

At the start of the game both players can buy scouts, scouts have high upkeep. More scouts = more information on the battle, you can only have ten scouts at a time.

Attacker: Sends PM to moderator stating that he wants to attack defendee and his battle actions

Moderator: Relays information to defendee depending on his amount of scouts (10 scouts: full information, 5 scouts: distorted information, 1 scout: not much info, 0 scout a message isn't even sent/little info)

Defendee: Replys battle actions

Moderator: i]Relays information to defendee depending on his amount of scouts[/i]

Attacker: Replys battle actions

Moderator: Relays information to defendee depending on his amount of scouts

So its like a sort of turn based strategy, it always ends on the defendee. The moderator works out what happens afterwoods.

Or remove scout aspect and do it in thread.

[Falador tavern]

Could easily take ages.

I think the IRC idea is good for people who want to...But if one person wants to and the other person doesn't/can't then it should just be done via pm plans.

Best o' both worlds.

I'm happy with that but you suggested before that IRC would be allowed to make multiple battle plans but PM couldn't. Giving an unfair advantage to people who wish to use PM.

Who likes the scout idea? Everyone gets information based on scouts?

[Falador tavern]

Seems like a bad idea. People already argue about battle reports...

So, for it to work a map would have to be made and each side position their forces...then get scout information, which means they would change their deployment(else it would be worthless).

And a good plan takes an hour or so to make...so you are looking at 2 hours...not including making the map.

Moderator:

The scouts have reported back:

On the hills of the west there is a large army, together we'd guess about 7,000 people but more could be behind the hills. They seem to have mostly melee based army with swords but there are some with bows and arrows.

frjgr.png

Pink = soldiers, Red = Closest military base (2000 soldiers)

The soldiers seem to be wearing a red banner, the two countrys with a red banner are: The Serbs & the Russians, Judging from the talking we thought it was the Russians. They have lit fires, they look like they will attack tommorow.

__

With information I could write more in a shorter time but I had to have thinking time and working out time, as this is the first one. Regardless seven minutes is good, just a reply which takes about the same.

[Falador tavern]