Longboarding

Sam

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured, as much as I like her, it might look weird to my friends. So, I'm going for something more close to my childhood.

qnmxxt.png

Bought the necessary grip tape yesterday. $10. Was a good deal, I think. 50" of 10" wide Jessup. I'll be happy to finally have a 'project' to do. Still thinking about the design, so I won't be tracing to the back of the grip tape for a while. Who knows, though. I might get too excited and just do it.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Simpler designs often look better (and more effective, not to mention easier to cut).

Bought myself a Holesom SS board with Randal trucks -

deck7.jpg

£150 for deck + trucks.. bargain!

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Nice work. I went out on my friend's dervish. Did nooot expect it to be that flexy, but when I got used to it, is was really fun. Just kept getting the feel of longboarding. Going out on Friday for a board, then sesh.

lampost_sig_stark.png

Are you talking about actual flex or the looseness of the trucks? Cause I personally had to start out with super tight trucks and gradually loosened them. Now, I have them loosened as far as they can without getting wheel-bite.

Gosh, I wish one of my friends had a dervish I could try out. It's my dream board. But who knows, by the time next summer comes around, Loaded might have put out another board that I like more.

@Sam: I'm curious of the style of the deck. Do the holes serve a special purpose? For some reason I keep thinking they make a sound when you ride it.

Oh, and I didn't end up going with the Calvin and Hobbes design. I knew it'd be too difficult for someone like me, so I went with a basic branch along the length of my board with a single maple leaf dangling off one of the limbs. It looks pretty cool.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

A friend of mine is really light, so she has something like a flex 4 or 5. That [cabbage]'s crazy.

I don't think I'd feel comfortable with anything flexier than a flex 2, though even flex 2 worries me.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

So I used to skateboard a lot waaay back when I was like 12-13. Well when I visited my college campus for the first time it was so obvious that it was nearly designed for longboarding, and on some days I have small breaks between lectures so I need a quick way to get around campus. Only problem is school starts in a few week and I'm still in the embarrassing newbie stage D: I'm getting better though, hopefully it won't be too bad once college starts

wl7w9j.png

Gravity 41" Drop Carve Maple Deck

9x42 - Pre-Gripped

Trucks: Bear Grizzly 852s 181mm Black Trucks (9.75" axle)

Wheels: Abec 11 BigZigs Green Wheels 75mm 78a

Bearings: Bones Super Reds Bearings

For 300nzd a good offer?

lampost_sig_stark.png

@Sam: I'm curious of the style of the deck. Do the holes serve a special purpose? For some reason I keep thinking they make a sound when you ride it.

They're there to dissipate energy more efficiently throughout the deck - some decks will get saggy flex when they're ridden a lot, but with these holes it takes a LOT longer.

So I used to skateboard a lot waaay back when I was like 12-13. Well when I visited my college campus for the first time it was so obvious that it was nearly designed for longboarding, and on some days I have small breaks between lectures so I need a quick way to get around campus. Only problem is school starts in a few week and I'm still in the embarrassing newbie stage D: I'm getting better though, hopefully it won't be too bad once college starts

So are you looking for a board?

Gravity 41" Drop Carve Maple Deck

9x42 - Pre-Gripped

Trucks: Bear Grizzly 852s 181mm Black Trucks (9.75" axle)

Wheels: Abec 11 BigZigs Green Wheels 75mm 78a

Bearings: Bones Super Reds Bearings

For 300nzd a good offer?

That's a fantastic deal. GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT

Here are some reviews of the board - they all seem to be rather in favor of this deck.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Oops >.<

Skated 6 miles today, and did a 10 minute burst on my crosstrainer. Body is telling me about it now but enjoyed using so much energy :D

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

I'm planning on getting a board for next summer.

My original plan of getting a board for this summer kind of went down the drain since I messed up my ankle back in the fall, along with some monetary issues.

Also, the parking lot at the apartment complex I live at is perfect for practicing.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

I'm planning on getting a board for next summer.

My original plan of getting a board for this summer kind of went down the drain since I messed up my ankle back in the fall, along with some monetary issues.

Also, the parking lot at the apartment complex I live at is perfect for practicing.

:thumbup:

Me and my roommate still have to go looking for some nicer parking lots at my college. There don't seem to be a lot of them, since campus is in the middle of a [cabbage]ting part of the city.

Also, Loaded came out with a new board, the Fattail. Real similar to the Pintail with some minor tweaks (such as the tail).

LoadedFattailComp-2T.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/LoadedNewsletter#p/a/u/0/1W9fUziquak

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Hell, that sounds like you'll have some fun on that. How much did you spend on all of that?

I might get a Loaded/O'tang banner for my dorm room next year. I'd have to chalk out $35+, though.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

After much long, harrowing and hard deliberation I went with a Kracked Skulls Scimitar instead of the Gravity Makai.

My setup when it arrives in a few days is as follows: Scimitar 42", Big Zigs 83a, randal 180s and bones reds.

lampost_sig_stark.png

Did you read up on gripping longboards?

Go around the edges with a big file until you have a nice white line in the grip tape (the shape of your board) and then it cuts real easy with an exacto blade.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |