Longboarding

Sam

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sucks, I need some Reds ):

How's everything going in the longboarding world for you fine gentlemen of TIF?

Wonderful, now that my ankle is pretty much healed.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Even without the snow, the cold weather seems to do something to the bearings. I can't get any speed.

lubricate/clean them they're probably dirty, their probably in need of some TLC.

I wish you were right. I cleaned them right before I got snow up at university because I didn't want all that grime sitting in my bearings all winter. They are spick n' span.

naturenf7.jpg

|Signature by Jason321|

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I think it's mainly preference. I liked the bamboo look when I first got into it, so I bought one. Who knows, though, I may buy another just for a different look.

This is the one I bought. I guess it comes down to whether you like the shape of a specific board.

4911031.jpg

naturenf7.jpg

|Signature by Jason321|

• 4 weeks later...

Ok so my brother convinced me to buy one. Should I go with bamboo or fiberglass? I plan on going into a store to try them out, but I don't know. Which is easier / more fun for a first time rider? or is it preference...

I also live in Minnesota, and I longboard to get around Minneapolis and the U of M campus. I have a 36" (I think) sector 9 pipeline, it's my first one and I'm not an amazing skater or anything. If I could buy one again I would probably get a shorter one for easier carrying and storing in classrooms, and different trucks (drop trucks?) for faster turning, because there's not many long spaces on campus.

2s0cxth.png

• 1 month later...

Just bought a skate helmet to wear while shredding the streets. Actually, I don't shred. How long has everyone here been skating? I've been doing it for over a year, but mostly just casual cruising. I want to start learning tricks on my board, mainly the whole stepping over the foot, spinning around stuff, though.

Anyone here got any tips for learning that stuff?

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Thinking about getting a Loaded Dervish. Been working a lot, so I can afford it. Just wondering if it will be worth it, since I only get about 2 months out of the school year to ride it cause of weather. So, maybe wait until next summer before buying one?

Too bad this thread is kinda dead. :\

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMLFZcONQAs

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I love riding my longboard, whether it's hot out or not. :)

I've been practicing cross-stepping. It's pretty difficult to get the hang of it, but I'm making progress. Since I'm planning on learning a lot more dance moves, I'm going to start getting comfortable with riding switch (I ride goofy atm) and get better balance on my left foot so I can cross-step on both sides (and so I can do a bunch of moves that require being comfortable with both feet). I guess one way of doing this is balancing on my board with my left foot (with the right foot hanging off) so I get used to the feel. Cause I'll tell ya, riding switch feels so weird. Pushing with my right foot and putting pressure with my left is totally out of the ordinary.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Personally I'd get the Tan Tien board instead.

I've been riding for a couple of years, hopefully buying a new board this summer.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

I don't think I'll be huge into a lot of sliding, though. It looks fun, but I'd really like to get good at just the fluid dance moves. I've read a little bit on both the dervish and the tan tien, and it seems like the dervish is better for dancing, while the tan tien is better suited for sliding.

Why, in your opinion, would you get the tan tien over the dervish?

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

• 2 weeks later...

Last day of work approaching. Can't wait to be able to longboard in the middle of the day for hours.

On Saturday I went on this nice ride, and I felt so happy and relaxed. I didn't care about anything. It was kinda cool. I finally found something I'm willing to invest a ton of time in.

I love talking to myself. It's like this thread is mine. :3 Quadruple post, though, I'm waiting in between posts, so that not bad.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |