Clicks per hour

Grimy_Bunyip

40 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care about the Clicks Per Hour of a training method?

so obviously it's more efficient to train without having to click as much if possible.

I figured, once jagex implements the make-all update in october, it'll be as good a time as any to add clicks per hour to my spreadsheets

But it's a lot of work that I won't want to do if it doesn't actually make a difference.

I could even add a gp value per click, (granted value of effort probably isn't linear)

That way people can estimate if the extra effort is worth the xp or not.

example:

barbarian drop fishing might be faster xp. but it's more clicks per hour.

I could factor that into the efficiency ratio at the end.

Naaxi.png

It'd certainly be nice to know, but I wouldn't calculate it into efficiency, as it's not linear (as you said) and some people can stand more clicks/hour than others. So just put it off to the side and let players make their own decisions about it.

Looks like a good idea, most of the people I send to your spreadsheets can't seem to decipher them though. Might want to make a spreadsheet reading guide for idiots while you're at it. :mrgreen:

In all seriousness, yes I think it would help people such as myself determine if i want to stay focused more through the training, and I appreciate the work you put into these spreadsheets as it benefits myself.

Low_C.png

Yes. It's also be interesting to know the c/ph for the most common moneymakers, so if you have a good, low computation requiring program, i could test it out for frost dragons(all 3 combat classes, ofcource).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Yes. It's also be interesting to know the c/ph for the most common moneymakers, so if you have a good, low computation requiring program, i could test it out for frost dragons(all 3 combat classes, ofcource).

oof, I can't really write my own programs :P

I'm thinking of doing it for training methods as opposed to money makers.

My spreadsheets don't really cover money makers.

Looks like a good idea, most of the people I send to your spreadsheets can't seem to decipher them though. Might want to make a spreadsheet reading guide for idiots while you're at it. :mrgreen:

In all seriousness, yes I think it would help people such as myself determine if i want to stay focused more through the training, and I appreciate the work you put into these spreadsheets as it benefits myself.

=( i don't wanna write a spreadsheet reading guide.

I think I had instructions in my guide at some point, people just don't read them.

Maybe they'll read it if I put an image icon that says "How To Read" on it :P.

I'll think about it.

gbtopleft2.gifSideImage2.png

It'd certainly be nice to know, but I wouldn't calculate it into efficiency, as it's not linear (as you said) and some people can stand more clicks/hour than others. So just put it off to the side and let players make their own decisions about it.

I'll probably make it an option in the income spreadsheet, to count the value of clicks linearly or not.

Naaxi.png

I'd like to see the results, although I doubt I can contribute to this much (since I really only train dg/farm at the moment).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Well, actually, would it be a bad idea to have a spreadsheet of efficient moneymaking? makes sense to me if you have enough helpers for it(as i understand how much work would be needed for objective input).

As for the programming, i was more or less hoping you would lead(or link) us to a good program, not develop it yourself.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Well, actually, would it be a bad idea to have a spreadsheet of efficient moneymaking? makes sense to me if you have enough helpers for it(as i understand how much work would be needed for objective input).

As for the programming, i was more or less hoping you would lead(or link) us to a good program, not develop it yourself.

I've considered doing a list of efficient money makers, but I've never gotten around due to subjectivity.

It'd be a lot of work getting kill rates and drop rates.

For example: we'd need to know the draconic visage drop rate rather accurately to estimate the expected income of iron/steel dragons.

I'm a little picky about what I spend my time working on these days, since I'm pretty busy irl.

I wouldn't have any more idea where to find such a program than you would :P

But sure, we could something like that eventually. But don't quote me on when =\

Naaxi.png

Doesnt Qeltar have a fairly large moneymaking guide out?

MyWorldHero.png

Barrows:

Verac- Helm, Brassard x 2,

Torag- Body, Hammers

Karil- Crossbow

Guthan- Body

Ahrim- Hood, Staff

Qeltar is occasionally slightly less accurate than Grimy.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I think money makers over 1.5 mil gp/hour, qeltar requires membership to his site for?

his lists of money makers list was always capped at just over 1 mil ish gp/hour, which is pretty low nowadays.

granted i never bought membership to his site.

Naaxi.png