Soloing to 80 dung

Storm

I want 80 dungeoneering and I'm going to solo it. I'd just like some input as to how it's best done. Currently I'm leaning towards rushing ice floors on c1 small and doing c6 mediums from there on until reset. That's because I hate ice floors.

But would it be better XP/h-wise to do c6 mediums right from floor 1? Or maybe rush c1 to like max-5 and then just do 5 mediums?

What do those who do 5:5 larges do with lower floors? I understand that what pros do from floor 1-20 might not be the best for me because of XP/h differences at higher floors but anyway.

And yeah I know 5:5 larges would be faster but I enjoy soloing and larges are just too long for my schedule usually.

Come dance.

Potkuassa.png

At first I'd do 1-20 c1 and the rest medium rushes (and I do mean RUSH- you shouldn't ever need armor and rarely should you need to cook anything. Make full use of gatestones and don't kill anything you don't have to). As you get higher level you'll probably start doing gradually more c1s. At 45 prestige I usually c1 all the way to 29.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Yeah I'm naturally going to rush the mediums too. Although I do tend to make runes to fight Rammernaut and get a bow for that book-mage-guy. I've wondered if it would be better to just melee them, but when I last tried I think I just died a few times (which of course is not a big problem if it's a c1 small rush).

When you say you usually do c1 to 29, is that soloing? Or larges after 29?

Come dance.

Potkuassa.png

For those bosses, yeah, it's probably best to quickly make yourself the proper style to kill them if it's a medium; you'd likely waste just as much time attempting to melee them. If it's a c1, you should already have the equipment provided.

The figures I provided are for teaming- I don't have enough extensive soloing experience to say it's the best there, but it's a good starting point.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

I solo, and I c1 1-30 smalls, once I hit 31 I c6 medium rush. My strategy is basically rush everything under max-10. So once I'm 43 prestige, for example, I'll do floors 34-43 large rushes, which would be the top 10 floors. It's easy, fast, and very fun to make time trials for yourself, try to beat your records. I've heard 4- minutes per c1 small + switching time to next dungeon is a good goal to shoot for, and so is 16-18 minute mediums. I'm at like 4.5 and 22 atm, slowly cutting time off.

Sumondskull6.png

I solo, and I c1 1-30 smalls, once I hit 31 I c6 medium rush. My strategy is basically rush everything under max-10. So once I'm 43 prestige, for example, I'll do floors 34-43 large rushes, which would be the top 10 floors. It's easy, fast, and very fun to make time trials for yourself, try to beat your records. I've heard 4- minutes per c1 small + switching time to next dungeon is a good goal to shoot for, and so is 16-18 minute mediums. I'm at like 4.5 and 22 atm, slowly cutting time off.

You're saying you solo but you also say you do larges? Did you mean mediums?

But yeah I think I'm gonna go for trying to beat my own records. But I'll probably time 1-10, 11-20 instead of each individual floor. That way I'll be more motivated to get through them.

Come dance.

Potkuassa.png

I'm trying to sort out solo dungeoneering myself also. Just out of curiosity when you say that you "rush" the higher level floors, what does that mean exactly?

I'm guessing that it just means that you don't kill any monsters that you don't have to or open any rooms that you don't have to. Anything else to it besides that? And how does that affect your XP rates?

I'm trying to sort out solo dungeoneering myself also. Just out of curiosity when you say that you "rush" the higher level floors, what does that mean exactly?

I'm guessing that it just means that you don't kill any monsters that you don't have to or open any rooms that you don't have to. Anything else to it besides that? And how does that affect your XP rates?

That's basically it. You should only kill monsters in guardian rooms; you should never stop to make armor, cook food, etc; you should use gatestones as much as possible and try to develop a system for remembering where certain doors are. Your goal is to get to the boss with as little effort as possible, as FAST as possible.

The difference in exp between a team that rushes and a team that spends time killing everything, making armor, cooking, etc, is staggering.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

i solo for the most part, rushing 1-20 c1, then the rest c6 med killing all except 100+ monsters. silk hood, prom spear(p++), and laws are bound. i average 30 mins a floor opening every door including potion doors and getting a 10% lvl mod. for those of you who average 20 mins a floor, are you opening all doors? and what level mods do you average?

mao_chins.png

i solo for the most part, rushing 1-20 c1, then the rest c6 med killing all except 100+ monsters. silk hood, prom spear(p++), and laws are bound. i average 30 mins a floor opening every door including potion doors and getting a 10% lvl mod. for those of you who average 20 mins a floor, are you opening all doors? and what level mods do you average?

When rushing, you open all doors (though there are exceptions).

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I open every door I can withot boosts, kill everything unless I'm feeling lazy and I can always finish them in under 25 minutes, even if I slack qiite a bit.

Sumondskull6.png

I open every door I can withot boosts, kill everything unless I'm feeling lazy and I can always finish them in under 25 minutes, even if I slack qiite a bit.

20-22 (If watching a movie) minutes for a floor, I nly kill level 40- stuff and what I need to kill. I open all doors except if I need a potion. I throw in a large once in a while.

WarBlastoise.png