Recovering accounts!!!

They_Call_Me_Riley

GRRR ROAR GRRR, don't judge...

Anyways, I hate that I have spent 3, yes I say again, THREE weeks trying to recover an account. I provide every single information available pertaining to the account. Each time I get a 'denied' saying lack of creation details..even though I have included all forums filled out and Place of creation: Town, City, State, Country ect. So frustrating. Then the account got locked and I put the same info and it gets unlocked. However, when I choose to ask for a new password, denied. >:|

Im_riley.png My Guides You can always join my friends chat for any advice or to idol and talk with other users. :)

Back in the early days of RS2 one of my accounts was hacked. I sent in an appeal and it pended for 6 months before getting accepted.... Why the hell would they have to think about it for that long..... maybe they just missed it while looking through the appeals. I don't know, but either way, by the time I had gotten it back, I'd already made another account and gotten him to almost the same level. :wall: Good luck getting your account back though.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Yeah but the problem is that I don't remember which credit card I had used nor the # assigned to it. I mainly have been using the runescape card's that you buy at target and when i put down the card number still get's denied. Never denied for subscriptions, just for Creation Details. :wall:

Im_riley.png My Guides You can always join my friends chat for any advice or to idol and talk with other users. :)

The entire account recovery system fails. As a test to see how "secure" it is, I once used it (with consent) to "hack" one of my friends while over his house. I told it he had no recovery questions, put in fake passwords which he had never used, didn't provide credit details, and just provided a description of the items he was wearing and the location he was in when he last logged out. The next day his password was changed per the account recovery request. Needless to say, the fact that that worked and you were not able to legitimately recover your account proves that the automatic customer support is a very broken system and should be replaced by the manual investigation team of earlier years.

Bartuccio3.png

• 3 weeks later...

The entire account recovery system fails. As a test to see how "secure" it is, I once used it (with consent) to "hack" one of my friends while over his house. I told it he had no recovery questions, put in fake passwords which he had never used, didn't provide credit details, and just provided a description of the items he was wearing and the location he was in when he last logged out. The next day his password was changed per the account recovery request. Needless to say, the fact that that worked and you were not able to legitimately recover your account proves that the automatic customer support is a very broken system and should be replaced by the manual investigation team of earlier years.

was your friend a very high lvl or a relatively low lvl? - in combat and total of course?

im more then certain they are more secure with near maxed accounts then the lvl 50 f2p player.

For example if Zezima went through this they would probably need extreme amounts of information so they dont give it to the wrong person

So yes i dont know fersure but im willing to wager that they do have someone manually looking over high level or high profile accounts (such as the super merchents with 1k santas)

On the topic of Zezima, he probably had a list of every ip he used and had personal contact to Jmods via Email, or some other form of third party communication. That's my theory, seeing that you can't really trust information on the system recovery for high profile people

The sad fact is, the recovery system does fail. If you provide enough details to a 'friend', they can quite easily hack your account and have 'recovery wars', nothing you could really do I guess

Anyways, I hate that I have spent 3, yes I say again, THREE weeks trying to recover an account. I provide every single information available pertaining to the account. Each time I get a 'denied' saying lack of creation details..even though I have included all forums filled out and Place of creation: Town, City, State, Country ect. So frustrating. Then the account got locked and I put the same info and it gets unlocked. However, when I choose to ask for a new password, denied. >:|

Back in the early days of RS2 one of my accounts was hacked. I sent in an appeal and it pended for 6 months before getting accepted.... Why the hell would they have to think about it for that long..... maybe they just missed it while looking through the appeals. I don't know, but either way, by the time I had gotten it back, I'd already made another account and gotten him to almost the same level. :wall: Good luck getting your account back though.

You know why that is? Because Jagex sucks!

I'm thinking about planning a riot in Falador soon, concerning their incompetence as a morally virtuous company that targets today's youth. If I get mysteriously shot after posting this, please make sure my campaign lives on.