Rapier vs ZS on frost dragons

FreedomClan

Ok, I was doing some math while trying to decide between getting a rapier or cbow. (If I get a rapier it would be for frost dragons and slayer after I get 99 att with whip, cbow would be for Arma and pvp stuff)

I was thinking about what weapon I would use for frost dragons if I did get a cbow, and I think I found something that a lot of people have overlooked.

I might be wrong, so check my logic and math please

Ok, so chaotic rapier/long cost 2m every 10 hours or 200k/hr, right?

So, you should be making at least 200k/hr extra when using them for it to be worth it, right?

so 200k/16k = about 12 extra bones to get per hour to make that 200k back...

60/12=5 Extra Kills PER MINUTE

And that's not possible to even get 5 kills per minute is it, let alone 5 extra kills?

So am I wrong (and please tell me where my error is) or what?

Chatic crossbow seems best for Frost dragons because you don't have to run around to launch attacks. As for Rapier, it's great. Both weapon lasts enough for you to pay off the 2M and also for you to earn loads cash. It's worth it by far. 10 hours lasts longer than you think.

Chatic crossbow seems best for Frost dragons because you don't have to run around to launch attacks. As for Rapier, it's great. Both weapon lasts enough for you to pay off the 2M and also for you to earn loads cash. It's worth it by far. 10 hours lasts longer than you think.

Best as in? It's not the best for kills per hour, nor gp/hr. Both of those categories rapier excels and is number 1 in. The only thing chaotic crossbow is good for like you said is less running around. Which at that point I recommend a Hand Cannon. Check out the guide xpx wrote for some references to the claims I gave.

Low_C.png

Ok, I was doing some math while trying to decide between getting a rapier or cbow. (If I get a rapier it would be for frost dragons and slayer after I get 99 att with whip, cbow would be for Arma and pvp stuff)

I was thinking about what weapon I would use for frost dragons if I did get a cbow, and I think I found something that a lot of people have overlooked.

So, you should be making at least 200k/hr extra when using them for it to be worth it, right?

And that's not possible to even get 5 kills per minute is it, let alone 5 extra kills?

Your math is wrong. You need to kill at least 1 more dragon per 5 minutes, not 5 more dragons per minute. Simple dimensional analysis should tell you that.

Hegel.png

Rapier lasts a lot longer than 10 hours in single combat, although I'm afraid that I can't help more since I personally don't have 85 dg.

how is that? How long does it last then?

Rapier > Zs by far is all you need to know.

I need to know how much per hour I'm losing on frost dragons to decide which weapon to get

You still have to run around to pick up drops though, and I'm already 99 range, I would rather train my melee while making money, plus that would have the recharging cost plus the bolts cost.

I'm confused how 10 hours can last longer than 10 hours. Does it only count the time you're attacking moving the weapon, not the time between attacks when the other monster is hitting you?...or something?

edit:

Your math is wrong. You need to kill at least 1 more dragon per 5 minutes, not 5 more dragons per minute. Simple dimensional analysis should tell you that.

oh.

*facepalm*

Thank You.

Rapier lasts a lot longer than 10 hours in single combat, although I'm afraid that I can't help more since I personally don't have 85 dg.

how is that? How long does it last then?

It is determined by the amount of time you're in combat. When multiple things attack you it will degrade faster, in single combat it will last much longer than 10 hours. Exact figures I'm not certain of.

Rapier > Zs by far is all you need to know.

I need to know how much per hour I'm losing on frost dragons to decide which weapon to get

Read 0xpx0's guide in the Aow, he gives some figures for you to go by. I would suggest using a cannon + rapier like he does to achieve 200 kills per hour. Using z spear you will not come close to that.

You still have to run around to pick up drops though, and I'm already 99 range, I would rather train my melee while making money, plus that would have the recharging cost plus the bolts cost.

I'm confused how 10 hours can last longer than 10 hours. Does it only count the time you're attacking moving the weapon, not the time between attacks when the other monster is hitting you?...or something?

I answered above.

edit:

oh.

*facepalm*

Thank You.

Low_C.png

Yup, zspear ~ cls because of the recharge cost, but rapier is clearly better than zspear.

Elaborating on the 10 hours statement: as far as I know, chaotics degrade when you are attacked, when you attack, and when soaking damage (shields only). Cannoning lighthouse dagganoths will degrade your rapier very quickly (many attacks hitting you), whereas on something like Kuradal's greater demons (fairly slow attacks, lots of running) it will last you for a bazillion tasks.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Was just about to post this before I saw you beat me to it.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Rapier costs 90k an hour, and gets around 15 kills more an hour than ZS. Ccbow is not worth it over rune crossbow(the extra kills don't pay for the recharge cost).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

should be 12/60. therefore 0.2 or one dragon per 5 minutes as you need twelve more dragons per hour so extra dragons/minutes in hour =0.2, which is how ever many more per minute.

C rapier by far unless you do a lot of arma

SacredFlam3s.png

DK's Drops: 7 Berserker Rings, 2 Warrior Ring, 1 Archers Ring, 7 Dragon Hatchet, 1 Seercull, 3 Elite Clue - All Solo

GWD Drops (CS): 1 Bandos Chestplate, 2 Armadyl Hilt, 1 Armadyl Chestplate

Slayer:1 D skirt, 2 Whip, 12 G Mauls, 2 Dragon Boots