MB Era

MrGwas

There was a time when all the top clans would have three aspects to them. F2p multi, P2p multi, and Mage Bank. Unfortunately clans began to focus on just one of these aspects and MB died out. My question is

Was your clan part of the MB era?
Why do you think Mb was not as active as it was when pvp world were introduced?
Does your clan still pk at Mb at times?

Well EoS was never really a p2p clan but my past clans have had many battles at MB and remembering ones where it was 150 opts v 150 opts, killing famous DI pkers for whips, or just having some late night fun hoping to get any stragglers who were lost :)

I think Mb died out because of the lack of interest, people realize that in order to pk now you must have 95 prayer, a yak, and max gear. Otherwise it's useless.

No I don't know anyone who still actively Pks at Mage Bank besides the dedicated single teams. Except maybe Brut.

eosss4.png

Currently in: Echo Of Silence

Was your clan part of the MB era? Respect 'THE' Elites

Why do you think Mb was not as active as it was when pvp world were introduced? So many of our members left/quit scape after the wilderness was taken out and the clan world has not been able to fully come back from that significant change. The SIGNIFICANT difference in gear from back then to now is also a huge downer. Look at how we now have yaks, sigils, sol, claws, etc. It is just so different to what it used to be.....

Does your clan still pk at Mb at times? Not that I am aware of.

flamesig.jpg

Was your clan part of the MB era? Respect 'THE' Elites

Why do you think Mb was not as active as it was when pvp world were introduced? So many of our members left/quit scape after the wilderness was taken out and the clan world has not been able to fully come back from that significant change. The SIGNIFICANT difference in gear from back then to now is also a huge downer. Look at how we now have yaks, sigils, sol, claws, etc. It is just so different to what it used to be.....

Does your clan still pk at Mb at times? Not that I am aware of.

I gotta say I loved fighting THE's Mb team more than DI at times :P

eosss4.png

Was your clan part of the MB era? Yes.

Why do you think Mb was not as active as it was when pvp world were introduced? MB was all about loot.

Does your clan still pk at Mb at times? No.

Was your clan part of the MB era? Nope I think i started clanning after it ended.

Why do you think Mb was not as active as it was when pvp world were introduced? Mainly because of ur reason and that theres alot more people who enjoy multi pvp now.

Does your clan still pk at Mb at times? Nope never has and doesnt atm as a clan

envy42.png

Help people IT was DI, RSD, DS, TD, and who else? I know THE came at the time of AG and DA.

Give it an hour or so and peeps who really know about it all will be on. Part from that im just as curious as u are. U tried going through some old war topics mabye theres some mb era topics up at the backs.

envy42.png

DI controlled mage bank and p2p. End of story. There was never really any competition up there.. I can't recall any other clans who challenged DI up in p2p wild (can anyone trigger my memory??)... and I can't count the number of sets I lost to DI members world hopping and killing afkers in lvl 52 wild at axe hut (which at the beginning of RS2 was one of the best ways to afk raise your combat... a measely 40-50k xp/hour).. needless to say it was really irritating, but it was worth the xp and the ability to afk.

P2p is too dangerous now; requires maxed out melee, magic, range, and prayer, and is just overly expensive. Just no point for any casual players. Why clean your bank out in a few PK trips?

And just for comparison sakes, back in that era, the 'best' p2p pking weapon was in the hands of the rangers - the mage shortbow and its special (which was later made a bit weaker)... now we have a whole bunch of new crap, including ancients, which is part of the reason I refuse to step into the p2p wild.

[2010] Proud Member of Downfall

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)

DI controlled mage bank and p2p. End of story. There was never really any competition up there.. I can't recall any other clans who challenged DI up in p2p wild (can anyone trigger my memory??)... and I can't count the number of sets I lost to DI members world hopping and killing afkers in lvl 52 wild at axe hut (which at the beginning of RS2 was one of the best ways to afk raise your combat... a measely 40-50k xp/hour).. needless to say it was really irritating, but it was worth the xp and the ability to afk.

P2p is too dangerous now; requires maxed out melee, magic, range, and prayer, and is just overly expensive. Just no point for any casual players. Why clean your bank out in a few PK trips?

And just for comparison sakes, back in that era, the 'best' p2p pking weapon was in the hands of the rangers - the mage shortbow and its special (which was later made a bit weaker)... now we have a whole bunch of new crap, including ancients, which is part of the reason I refuse to step into the p2p wild.

I'm afraid i'm going to have to disagree with you, DI didn't control Mb until RSD closed, and then they lost their grip when we(Ag) took over. Although you're right about the other parts. It didn't really start affecting it so much until people started using max gear at mb around the end of 2007.

eosss4.png

I think Mb died out because of the lack of interest, people realize that in order to pk now you must have 95 prayer, a yak, and max gear. Otherwise it's useless.

^ Pretty much this.

rsd.gif

rsdb.png

124ecdx.gifFormer Admin of The Death Monkeighs124ecdx.gif

124ecdx.gifFormer Vengeance Council124ecdx.gif

124ecdx.gifFormer Eternal Honour Member124ecdx.gif

124ecdx.gifCurrent Runescape Dinasty Supreme Member124ecdx.gif

Nobody wants to fight in deep single. Clans/teams normally stick to multi for obvious reasons and solo PKers normally stay near Edge so they can tele/run. There's no incentive to risk more; you could blame it on the change in drops or just lack of interest (why try MB when you can sit at Edge in D claws and Vesta and spec people out with little risk).

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

I'm afraid i'm going to have to disagree with you, DI didn't control Mb until RSD closed, and then they lost their grip when we(Ag) took over. Although you're right about the other parts. It didn't really start affecting it so much until people started using max gear at mb around the end of 2007.

Sorry, but who are AG? Maybe I forgot, or they are outside my time.. I'm talking about the 'MB era' from the beginning of RS2 to late 2005.. there's a missing gap for me after that.. so that's as far as informed as I am. Perhaps AG may have stolen the spotlight after, but all I remember is DI destroying anyone up there.. usually teams from within clans would venture up there, get in a fight with some DI members, and DI would mass up. No one really stood a chance as at the time, DI was really the only p2p clan. I don't recall RsD having too much power at MB before their closure, or after they reopened.. but it's been so long and I may have just forgot.

[2010] Proud Member of Downfall

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)

Sorry, but who are AG? Maybe I forgot, or they are outside my time.. I'm talking about the 'MB era' from the beginning of RS2 to late 2005.. there's a missing gap for me after that.. so that's as far as informed as I am. Perhaps AG may have stolen the spotlight after, but all I remember is DI destroying anyone up there.. usually teams from within clans would venture up there, get in a fight with some DI members, and DI would mass up. No one really stood a chance as at the time, DI was really the only p2p clan. I don't recall RsD having too much power at MB before their closure, or after they reopened.. but it's been so long and I may have just forgot.

AG = Aggression

As far as I'm aware, MB'ing wasn't particularly important at that time. AG made things more competitive after that point.

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

Was your clan part of the MB era?

Yes, we had a group called the BK Elites who were very active at the Mage Bank arena, often fighting DI and other clans up there. That was a long time ago though, maybe like 2004-2007? I'm not sure exactly of the dates, I only joined BK in 2006 so I caught the end of them and even then I wasn't in the elites. it was a group you had to apply to and you had to be a pretty decent PKer to get in.

Why do you think Mb was not as active as it was when pvp world were introduced?

Well, for a long time there was just BH and MB was no longer around, then when they introduced PvP I guess people just didn't have as much interest, even before BH the Mage Bank was becoming less popular I believe, I don't know why, I think a lot of the people who did MB pking properly started retiring/getting bored of it/getting banned and so it became less interesting for those who wanted to do it for good fights and a place for people who weren't as interested in MB Pking properly. And yes, all the equipment and other things you need these days just made it a bit silly, same for lots of other things in P2P.

Does your clan still pk at Mb at times?

Not that I know of but I am retired and don't really know if there are members who still do it, we don't do it as a clan anymore.

Do you want to love me?