The Land Of The Game

Jehosaphat

Aside from the evil title....

This game is very simple. You will create a character, as with most games. You will then enter "the Hub," an area that essentially connects various universes to one another...

...and for some reason, the majority have been copyrighted by Nintendo and Capcom.

Welcome, Ladies and Gentlemen, to the Land of the Game!

Rules:

I can only send you into videogames I've actually played, or those that I completely make up on my own. Yeah, a bit of a downer if you wanted to go explore a world from the PS2, but I can't really send you into a world I know nothing about.

You can do whatever you want in the game worlds within reason. Ever wanted to set fire to Hyrule? This'd be your chance.

Player-created weaponry will almost ALWAYS be weaker than weaponry that is found in dungeons and/or is edified by NPCs. So if you want your Sickle of Great Death to be as powerful as Urist McDungeongoer's Rusty Sword of Rust, you had best find an NPC to enchant it.

Player interaction is encouraged.

TIF rules still apply.

No creeper vans, even if your character isn't a creeper.

Mechanics:

The majority of weird crazy actions will be decided by dice roll. It is assumed, however, that your character knows how to walk, talk, eat, etc.

If you die in a game, you return to the Hub unless you managed to "save" while in the game. Saving can only occur at an area which is completely safe, and also costs 10K Tokens.

Tokens are the universal currency of the Hub - you can gather currencies from other games, but as soon as you reenter the Hub, they're automatically converted into Tokens. There are shops in the Hub which will sell you gear, food, bribes for the princess, whatever. Also, the majority of shops in video game worlds will also accept Tokens along with their native currency.

Magic will be less potent in worlds where it is not as acknowledged. The same goes for technology. Example: Magic will NOT work well in the world of Metal Gear Solid. Technology won't work as well in the land of Hyrule. The only thing which is truly effective in the land of Mario, however, is trippin' balls while smoking shrooms. (That was a joke! Mariofanspleasedon'tkillmeeeeee)

Your character will have a base HP level, which goes up over time (as can be expected in video games). This can also be augmented by special equipment. Starter HP level is 10.

This game uses the typical Dungeoneering leveling system aside from health - you do something and do it right, you get XP in whatever skill it is.

NPCs may or may not be different than the original game.

Everything is to the mod's discretion. If rocks fall, you die, and your save file gets corrupted, you suck it up and get back to whatever you were doing.

If the mod misses your post, you may repost it after it's obvious that it was missed. Raging about a missed post, however, is not encouraged and may end up with getting your save file corrupted.

When you switch between worlds, any saves for the previous world for that character are deleted. However, what the character has done is not.

You may ask for a world of Generic Type X (Say, if Iey wanted to go into a ninja world and kick srs butt), but it may not always be exactly what you expect.

Defeating bosses in worlds will probably get you better st00f than running around killing the low-life, meaningless creatures.

Sessions will occur on IRC at dates that are currently TBD. And I PROMISE that this time I will only not mod if I have no access to a computer, have finals, or are deathly ill.

If there's anything that it seems I have forgotten, please let me know. But please, believe me when I say that it's a lot easier than it looks.

Player Roster:

[hide=Template - Fill This Out To Start!]Character Name:

Character Description: (include height, weight, and basic attributes)

Character Origin: (what world your character came from)

Weapon: (Choose 1 for starters)

Armor: (Choose 1 for starters)

Stats: (1 point to whatever, can be divided up)

Currently Located: The Hub. All newbies start in the Hub!

[/hide]

[hide=Earth]Character Description: Tall, about 6'5, weighs about 160 pounds. Green hair/eyes. Really good with books and using books as a weapon.

Character Origin: The Land of Elements

Current Location: Volcano Base.

[hide=Stats]0.5 Poison Magic

0.6 Bashing

0.8 Scything

0.6 Deflection

0.1 Blocking

0.1 Libromancy

2/10 HP[/hide]

[hide=Inventory]Leather jerkin

Morphing Book

Ninjakatana

Light Body Chip (-1 to block rolls, +2 to agility-based rolls, + walljump capability, + weight reduction)

Odd Ring

Flame Weapon Chip

Flame Body Chip (+1 to fire rolls, -2 to ice rolls, +effect when used with flame weapon chip)[/hide][/hide]

[hide=Orlor Lyad (Grim)]

Description: A tall barrel chested humanoid with brown hair ,blue eyes and a mountain man beard, Orlor is heavily weathered from many years spent out in the elements. His skin is of the texture and consistency of leather and his matted body hair provides extra protection from the elements. He favors old clothes with a more "natural" (used) feel towards them and enjoys listening and long walks on the beach.

Origin: Unknown. Presumed human.

Current Location: HELL

[hide=Backstory]Orlor was once content to live out in what remaining back country there is away from the influence of society and to the accords of the natural balance of things for most of his life. This all changed when he realized that he had not fulfilled the biological imperative (and part of the natural order of things). To rectify the situation he looked far and wide throughout his mountain home before realizing that with no human females his ability to procure an offspring was sadly limited. Thusly he moved back towards the civilization to find a mate. Needless to say the time spent away from humans had not helped his social skills and he did not succeed. In fact the best one could say is that he did not get convicted of any crimes during that time period. Throughout said period he noticed one pattern that just kept popping up! It was that the other males with more shiny things seemed to have a better chance at finding a mate than he did (note Orlor is not all too bright). Armed with this new knowledge he went out to procure as many shiny things as possible and after an unfortunate first encounter with alcohol (and recreational drug use) ended up in the HUB.[/hide]

[hide=Stats]1.0 Knife Fighting

1.6 Wild Magic

5/10 HP

1 Luck

0.2 Jelly Magic

0.1 Imbuing[/hide]

[hide=Inventory]Trusty knife

Leather clothing

500 Tokens

Badger Familiar

1 Unit of Coal

Odd Ring[/hide][/hide]

[hide=Hakon (Mather)]

Character Description: 1.9m, barrel chested and 100kg of pure power, Håkon has dark blonde hair reaching down to his neck and his torso is littered with scars.

Character Origin: Scandinavia, Earth.

Current Location: Falling into Hell underneath Scumbuckets, Dwarven Fortress

[hide=Stats]1 Strength

8/10 HP[/hide]

[hide=Inventory]Trusty shortsword

Tough Skin

Half-extracted bluemetal rock/strand[/hide][/hide]

[hide=Jen (Retech)]

Character Description: Blondish hair and leanish.

Character Origin: Shogun-Total War

Currently Located: Some Japanese place

[hide="Stats]1.5 Swordsmanship

0.3 Strength

9/10 HP[/hide]

[hide=Inventory]Katana

Samurai Armor

Odd Ring

2k Tokens

1 Healing Potion[/hide]

[/hide]

a70c7.png

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hide Tags AND IRC. My ps3 loves you, Stork <3 lol

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Hide Tags AND IRC. My ps3 loves you, Stork <3 lol

Oh. Well, IRC is kinda a much faster method of gameplay, and I've sorta gotten over my fear of "ohnoes mod will miss post".

And the hide tags don't really have much of anything important regarding gameplay - most of it's stuff you would put into your character descriptions anyways. That's there for the people who'd rather put more effort into actually playing the game than creating a character description.

I THINK I may be able to make exceptions for those I know don't have a PC, and let them play via PM/posting on the thread. But I'll still need to think about it a li'l bit.

Now, if you were a pro h4x0r, you'd just get Linux on your ps3. XD (I seriously know a guy who did this. Dude's like the Linux Borg.)

a70c7.png

Character Name:Earth

Character Description: Tall, about 6'5(I suck at the height thing.) weighs about 160 pounds. Green hair/eyes. Really good with books and using books as a weapon.(include height, weight, and basic attributes)

Character Origin: The land of Elements(what world your character came from)

Weapon: A giant book titled"101 ways to kill someone."(Choose 1 for starters)

Armor: A leather jerkin (Choose 1 for starters)

Stats: Poison magic. +0.5, Bashing +0.5 (1 point to whatever, can be divided up)

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Character Name:Earth

Character Description: Tall, about 6'5(I suck at the height thing.) weighs about 160 pounds. Green hair/eyes. Really good with books and using books as a weapon.(include height, weight, and basic attributes)

Character Origin: The land of Elements(what world your character came from)

Weapon: A giant book titled"101 ways to kill someone."(Choose 1 for starters)

Armor: A leather jerkin (Choose 1 for starters)

Stats: Poison magic. +0.5, Bashing +0.5 (1 point to whatever, can be divided up)

101 ways to kill someone. Nice.

Looks like I get to make up a world called "The Land of Elements." Good thing I already had a map for something similar that I drew up when I was a kid.

Adding to Teh Roster.

a70c7.png

Character Name: Orlor Lyad

Description: A tall barrel chested humanoid with brown hair ,blue eyes and a mountain man beard, Orlor is heavily weathered from many years spent out in the elements. His skin is of the texture and consistency of leather and his matted body hair provides extra protection from the elements. He favors old clothes with a more "natural" (used) feel towards them and enjoys listening and long walks on the beach.

Backstory: Orlor was once content to live out in what remaining back country there is away from the influence of society and to the accords of the natural balance of things for most of his life. This all changed when he realized that he had not fulfilled the biological imperative (and part of the natural order of things). To rectify the situation he looked far and wide throughout his mountain home before realizing that with no human females his ability to procure an offspring was sadly limited. Thusly he moved back towards the civilization to find a mate. Needless to say the time spent away from humans had not helped his social skills and he did not succeed. In fact the best one could say is that he did not get convicted of any crimes during that time period. Throughout said period he noticed one pattern that just kept popping up! It was that the other males with more shiny things seemed to have a better chance at finding a mate than he did (note Orlor is not all too bright). Armed with this new knowledge he went out to procure as many shiny things as possible and after an unfortunate first encounter with alcohol (and recreational drug use) ended up in the HUB.

Weapon: His trusty knife

Armor: Leather shirt and trousers

Skills: 0.5 Filipino knife fighting 0.5 wild magic

(NOTE: THE ACTIONS OF ORLOR LYAD ARE TOTALLY FICTIONAL AND IN NO WAY REPRESENT THE IDEAS OR LEANINGS OF TIP.IT OR THE USER GRIM_)

Will this work?

LNYvk.png

Character Name: Orlor Lyad

Backstory: Orlor was once content to live out in what remaining back country there is away from the influence of society and to the accords of the natural balance of things for most of his life. This all changed when he realized that he had not fulfilled the biological imperative (and part of the natural order of things). To rectify the situation he looked far and wide throughout his mountain home before realizing that with no human females his ability to procure an offspring was sadly limited. Thusly he moved back towards the civilization to find a mate. Needless to say the time spent away from humans had not helped his social skills and he did not succeed. In fact the best one could say is that he did not get convicted of any crimes during that time period. Throughout said period he noticed one pattern that just kept popping up! It was that the other males with more shiny things seemed to have a better chance at finding a mate than he did (note Orlor is not all too bright). Armed with this new knowledge he went out to procure as many shiny things as possible and after an unfortunate first encounter with alcohol (and recreational drug use) ended up in the HUB.

Weapon: His trusty knife

Armor: Leather shirt and trousers

Skills: 0.5 Filipino knife fighting 0.5 wild magic

(NOTE: THE ACTIONS OF ORLOR LYAD ARE TOTALLY FICTIONAL AND IN NO WAY REPRESENT THE IDEAS OR LEANINGS OF TIP.IT OR THE USER GRIM_)

Will this work?

Backstory made me laugh, good job. :thumbup:

It'll work, but I need to know... what does "wild magic" do, exactly?

a70c7.png

It's like nature magic on steroids but far more unpredictable (he can choose the general effect he wants but other than that it's random) though I would be worried if he threatened to kill you with his bear hands.

LNYvk.png

Character Name: Håkon.

Character Description: 1,90, barrel chested and 100kg of pure power, Håkon has dark blonde hair rreaching down to his neck and his torso is littered with scars.

Character Origin: Though tanned from his days as a fighter, his blonde hair, blue eyes and facial features reveals his Scandinavian heritage.

Weapon: Even though better weapons are available, Håkon still puts his trust in an aged but sturdy shortsword. Do not let it fool you though, with Håkons strenght put behind it this sword has proven capavle of slicing others clean in half.

Armor: Prefering not to wear armour has caused Håkon's scars to harden after being reopened time after time.

Stats: 1 Strenght technique (using power correctly)

Currently Located: The Hub.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Is there any possible way you can arrange it to not be in IRC?

I THINK I may be able to make exceptions for those I know don't have a PC, and let them play via PM/posting on the thread. But I'll still need to think about it a li'l bit.

However, if you can access IRC, it would be much appreciated if you could paly that way, as it keeps the thread nicer and moves a great deal faster.

a70c7.png

Can't play if its on IRC, even if your making exceptions, I won't be able to play with other people or at the same times as you if your using IRC so I just won't play.

But this does look really good, I mean it will allow loads of different games and allow constantly canging gameplay (so it won't die, unless you don't wish to mod)

[Falador tavern]

STOOOORRRRKK!!!! get on IRC!

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

I'll play another day, but today I am working on my English essay. Sounds fun though. :thumbup:

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

It's because you used IRC, I don't like IRC and Ieyfura doesn't like it either.

Actually, Fura can't use IRC - she posts via PS3.

And as far as I'm aware, you haven't provided a reason as to why you can't use IRC besides the fact that you don't like it.

a70c7.png

It be because he thinks it's too slow. The posts we did for the First session of IRC dungeoneering seemed slow because i had to be devious about it. I had to skip him because he left for two minuites, so when he came back he got all whiney about the IRC client.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

If I had a computer, I'd use IRC in a heartbeat, I am able to type my longer posts within a matter of minutes. So it would be simple to just put me near the bottom of the turn list. Unfortunately, I won't use PMs, because playing with others actually does add to the Roleplay, but Stork, awesome game from what I can see. :)

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png