Dungeoneering Again

Seraphi

Anything more will cut into my schoolwork, so three days it is.

And yeah, then I remembered that space was on saturdays, so I changed it to Friday, Sunday, and then either monday or tuesday, depending on which day space is on.

2Xeo5.png

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Icon, it works fine for Space and prevents moderator burnout. It also allows everyone to stay up to speed.

EDIT: 'Kay Ross.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Are you kidding me Iconic? I've gotten that after YOH and Ross probaly got it after he took over for Archi in Dungeoneering. It's just that Archi's games are always the best and most popular, so naturally he will burn out faster. He keeps tracks of details as well, so it's a lot of work. Moderating for a buncha crazy people is DEFINITELY TIRING.

Then again in recent memory, Stork burned out a few times and Nex seems to burnout before he starts. :P

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Iconic, I need time to keep my grades up. If you can't understand the importance of keeping priorities straight, then I really feel sorry for you.

Real life is always going to be more important than a game on here.

And yes, moderating a popular game is very tiring, especially when you have players (who will remain anonymous) suggesting bizarrely stupid (Not haha stupid, just plain dumb) things and trying to take advantage of game mechanics constantly.

2Xeo5.png

Mather, that isn't so(For me anyway).

You just simply, and relentlessly, apply real world physics to the game, which can cause some level of difficulty, since moderators tend not to have unlimited time to check up on information.

But ultimately you play the game quite well.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Is this today, by any chance? :)

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Name: Jack

Background: Born to an unremarkable family, became a mercenary because he felt he could get paid to challenge himself.

Appearance: Mid-length dark hair, average height and build. Average in pretty much any other way. Scar across his left forearm from a job.

Alignment/Personality:

Cold and ruthless, though ultimately not a bad person. Dedicated to whatever he sets his mind to, often to the point of obsession, and never forgets a failure. Kind of a thrill-seeker, which led to his occupation.

-Strength 6

-Skill 7

-Toughness 3

-Charisma 3

-Willpower 6

Inventory (Leave empty, will be used later):

Something like that?

[hide=Character Development - adding over time]

Current alignment- true neutral

[/hide]

Yeah, the alignment bit was basically about the D&D type of alignment which has a lawful vs chaotic axis as well as a good vs evil axis (with neutral in between law and chaos as well as good and evil). Good is basically defined as altruistic whilst evil is selfish. Law is generally defined as a regard for valid authority whilst chaos is a disregard. Obviously this is all open to interpretation and someone will argue the point ,but this is just to give you an idea of what this means. That being said as every alignment is open to many interpretations it doesn't really matter.

Now onto the actual question as to ross: Are we going to do a Vancian style system (A la D&D) where we can make up our own spells (but not on the fly) or the dungeoneering style as to magic?

LNYvk.png

Yeah, the alignment bit was basically about the D&D type of alignment which has a lawful vs chaotic axis as well as a good vs evil axis (with neutral in between law and chaos as well as good and evil). Good is basically defined as altruistic whilst evil is selfish. Law is generally defined as a regard for valid authority whilst chaos is a disregard. Obviously this is all open to interpretation and someone will argue the point ,but this is just to give you an idea of what this means. That being said as every alignment is open to many interpretations it doesn't really matter.

I understood that part, but figured that it'd make more sense to let it define itself in the game.

-Excited for Dungeoneering session that might be today-

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Yeah, it is. Probably from 6 to 12 or somewhere around there.

Grim, we're going with a combination of the two. You can spontainiously cast something, and I'll right it down and consider it "Created" (AKA, document it on the second post).

And Mask, that is fine.

2Xeo5.png

Sorry, reposting for modification.

Name

Niveus Grim

Appearance

Short, white hair. Eyes appear a very light, almost white, grey and shift slightly in light. He wears a simple white tunic and black pants.

Alignment/Personality

Neutral Good.

Traits

-Strength 4

-Skill 6

-Toughness 3

-Charisma 4

-Willpower 8

Inventory

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Small change as well, to make it more consistent with the background and my playing style.

Name: Jen

Background: A scholar that has recently felt the pull and allure of harnessing the power of magic. She recently began research into the field of ice magic. Unfortunately, the tomes in the local wizardly libraries contained hardly any information, forcing her to travel out into the wild to search for it herself. The death of her family and her lover meant that she had no personal ties to keep her from pursuing her quest, so that she could have the power and not be pushed around, because she was "just a woman."

Appearance: Her skin has grown pale from years of indoor living, making her look somewhat ghostly. Her icy blonde hair and chilling blue stare honed from years of convincing people through intimidation and knowledge rather than strength help add to this frightening effect. She prefers to wear shapeless robes, usually with a cowl or hood that covers most of her face.

Alignment/Personality: Neutral/Chaotic Good. Her quest in life was to attain power so that she wouldn't be pushed around and could project strength, but it was not to the exclusion of helping the weak. She has little patience for the strongman, but it wouldn't stop her from aligning herself with evil forces to gain the power she desired.

Traits

-Strength 1

-Skill 4

-Toughness 4

-Charisma 2

-Willpower 14

Well decently tough, but not strong. It's not like she'll need to lift anything, so that probaly won't be much of an issue. But hopefully naturally pro at magic. :P

I just realized that if I'm going to be an ice witch, then it wouldn't make any sense for her to have any decent charisma. Does low charisma = intimidation? That would be even cooler.

Actually, no, high charisma is intimidation. Charisma basically is defined as your ability to influence people.

If you have a charisma of 1, people wont like you, they might be fairly repusled, but they'll only be scared if you give them a reason to be.

2Xeo5.png

Ohhhh, now I understand. Just keep my stats the way they were please. How would they fan out character-wise?

Like I could understand from DnD because there were numbers associated, but I'm blind when it comes to this in general.