If I had a million dollars....

sees_all1

So, which boat would you buy with your money? Or are you too busy using your theoretical money to make more theoretical money so you can have more theoretical money to theoretically invest, such that you cannot dream or imagine your theoretical filthy rich to spend a bit and treat yourself to a boat, when instead you could become wealthier? How much theoretical money do you need before you buy that boat? A billion dollars? A trillion? You'll never buy a boat because you can never have too much money? That what you telling me?

Bleh...

I'm not buying boats, and I'm also not hoarding money for the sake of hoarding money. Both seem absurd to me. Instead I am making sure that my family is taken care of... saving money to meet unanticipated future needs... spending money to provide clean drinking water to African villages and provide livelyhoods to families in need... saving money to meet those future needs that I can forsee my own family having, such as childrens' educations, retirement, and costs of aging.

Basically if I had a million dollars it would just mean a larger percentage going toward the later categories, and a smaller portion going toward the first one. I'd probably take my wife on a cruise to Alaska for a few weeks, but other than that there are more important ways to use the money.

I think you've completely missed the point of this thread. :wall:

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Titanic Please :D

But without the crashing into an iceberg and dying part :o

But really, i've always wanted one of those Private Cruise boats. Big enough for 50 or so people. Would be perfect for a party or maybe even be suitable if i wanted to take a trip around Africa.

No, no, Sees All is pretty hostile, but I don't think the gun is necessary. I think it's supposed to be an "Indulge yourself" thread.

*Holds gun to your head.* Here's a bajillion dollars, now buy a mother effing boat before I blow your brains out!

:mrgreen:

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

No, no, Sees All is pretty hostile, but I don't think the gun is necessary. I think it's supposed to be an "Indulge yourself" thread.

*Holds gun to your head.* Here's a bajillion dollars, now buy a mother effing boat before I blow your brains out!

REPORTED

And they wonder why I'm for gun control.

OT: I've never really been interested in big boats. Being knocked around by every breeze and always being inches from capsizing is a real rush.

REPORTED

And they wonder why I'm for gun control.

OT: I've never really been interested in big boats. Being knocked around by every breeze and always being inches from capsizing is a real rush.

Get a submarine. You'll be able to survive most apocalypse scenarios, that way.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]