If I had a million dollars....

sees_all1

I'd buy a green dress, but not a real green dress, that's cruel.

Starting this thread because I think it'd be a good discussion about random junk.

[hide=How this thread works]

There will be an item category in the subtitle of this thread, and listed under "current item." Please post the make/model of the item that you want. Money is not an issue here, so go big or go home! If you already own that item, and do not want a different one, you can post what you have and talk about how special you are for not wanting something else.

Please supply a link to a website that sells it or an image of that item. Also share anything you want about that item (anyone you know that owns it, how much it'd cost, why you'd buy it instead of a different item, etc.)

Also, if you're posting in this thread for the first time / you missed previous items, you can include those in your posts (just put them in hide tags)

[hide=How to change the item]

Two days after the thread goes dormant (no new posts on the most recent item for more than 24 hours), the next person to post can change the item to whatever they want.

If you change the item, you must post what you want.

Unless you're a mod (or special like me), you're not allowed to modify this thread's subtitle or post :sad: . However, don't let that discourage you! Post the new item clearly at the top of a new post, and feel free to PM me or another active moderator to get the subtitle and current item changed.

That way, this thread will stay active.

If the thread doesn't update in 30 minutes, don't panic! I'm not on this forum 24/7, and this is a pretty low priority thread to moderators. :razz:

If you're picking an item please keep a few things in mind-

-Keep it G rated. (if you mind talking to your parents, grand parents, younger siblings, and three random strangers about it, chances are it doesn't belong as a category)

-No repeats, please (there are literally hundreds of thousands of things you can post... be creative!)

-keep it generic (bad:iPod. good: portable music player)

[/hide]

[/hide]

EDIT:

This thread is not about what you'd do if your rich grandpa died and you inherited a large sum of money, or if you won a lottery, more of "If cost was no object, what would you own and why?"

[hide=History of Items:]

Ear buds, Headphones

Automobile

Cell/Mobile Phone

Television

House / Place of residency

[/hide]

Current Item:

Boat / Yacht

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love a pair of bose in ear audio headphones. Cost $99 at best buy.

1114791_sb.jpg

♪♪ And I'm not done

Headphones aren't all that important to me. I'd buy a headphone/mic set for gaming (something I've been putting off) but that's it. I don't need new headphones for just listening to music.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Headphones aren't all that important to me. I'd buy a headphone/mic set for gaming (something I've been putting off) but that's it. I don't need new headphones for just listening to music.

The question then becomes, which one? :shades:

♪♪ And I'm not done

I'd love a pair of bose in ear audio headphones. Cost $99 at best buy.

1114791_sb.jpg

I have a pair of those; they make great headphones while on the road. Although they are not particularly durable (mine fall apart once every eight months, like clockwork) sound quality is decent, and for 100 bucks they cannot be beat. Durability issues are not a problem either, since bose replaces them no questions asked whenever they break and extends their warranty by another year - I am on my fifth set of headphones now.

I'd keep my current headphones, I'd keep the £7 headphone/mic set I bought for Skype from my university SU shop, pay off the mortgage from my dad's new place, bank the billions and live off the interest.

Maybe buy an Xbox for myself to stray from the monotonous boredom such a life would bring.

My headset (gaming for computer, but they work for Xbox 360 as well) is the Microsoft Lifechat LX3050. They're honestly fantastic quality, and you should hear the bass on them. :D Great mic quality, also, with adjustable settings. Good buy, in my opinion.

Who needs the best when I can get high quality for much, much cheaper?

So, basically Earthysun is Jesus's only son.

earthysig3.jpg

earthynorris.jpg

awwwwuo6.jpg

wootsiggiedagainhw5.jpg

algftw.jpg

My headset (gaming for computer, but they work for Xbox 360 as well) is the Microsoft Lifechat LX3050. They're honestly fantastic quality, and you should hear the bass on them. :D Great mic quality, also, with adjustable settings. Good buy, in my opinion.

You should've posted that in the other thread when headphones were the item ;-) .

This thread is "What would you own, if you had the money"

I know that headphones and earbuds aren't high on people's list, so I'll change the item when this thread idles.

♪♪ And I'm not done

I read the title as "the Dreamy Communist Thread".

Then I read the posts and I was like :blink:

Then I scrolled up and read Consumerist. lol.

Anyways... I have no idea what kind of earbuds there are, I just use the ones that came with my iPod. A billion dollars is a lot to pick a silly earbud.

Staurolite.png

Perhaps "materialistic" would be a better word to describe this thread.

Changed the title... although I'm guessing there will be lots of people that don't read the first post and just go at it.

Might change it if that happens. But until then...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHacDYj8KZM

♪♪ And I'm not done

You should've posted that in the other thread when headphones were the item ;-) .

This thread is "What would you own, if you had the money"

I know that headphones and earbuds aren't high on people's list, so I'll change the item when this thread idles.

Hey, man, just because I'm rich doesn't mean I have to waste money. :shades:

So, basically Earthysun is Jesus's only son.

earthysig3.jpg

earthynorris.jpg

awwwwuo6.jpg

wootsiggiedagainhw5.jpg

algftw.jpg

Yeah we really need an item change :P If I had a million dollars my first thought would definitely not be "OMG MUST BUY NEW HEADPHONES!"

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Alright, changed it. Going off the other list.

If I had ridiculous amounts of money, I'd buy a 2011 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1.

638 hp, 205 mph top speed. And the interior is pretty sweet, I hear.

http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette-zr1/

Starting at a bargain $111,100.

♪♪ And I'm not done

http://www.atas.k12.ca.us/ausd/ahs/computeropsites09/period%207/tlindsay_site/images/Old%20Cars/69CAMARO.jpg

I'd get it painted burnt orange, and drop a 355ci engine with corvette headers, machined valves, ect.. It would be built to go fast basically. Probably sit in my new garage though. <3:

Low_C.png