The Golden Ratio

Leoo

I have to make a presentation based on the Golden Ratio (also known as the Golden Rectangle or the Golden Section) and I just don't understand it. I get that it is some sort of mathletical movement to achieve pleasing proportions in architecture but if anyone knows anything about it could you give me some help? I just need information what is presentable and be used to inform others. I know that Phi is 1.618, but what do you do with it?

Thanks in advance.

Just curious, are you watching the Da Vinci code on TV right now?

Phi is the golden ratio. Because it appears everywhere in nature. If you measure the distance from your elbow to your fingertips, and divide it by the distance from your shoulder to your finger tips, you get phi. Divide your height by the height of your belly button, you get phi. You can find it in so many things, it's actually insane.

A golden rectangle is a rectangle with side lengths of a ratio of 1:phi. It's the most visually appealing rectangle out there. Many houses are built with the this golden rectangle in mind. And, you'll find that in many famous paintings, they'll find ways to fit this rectangle in many, many places.

That probably didn't explain it well. But I tried.

It's everywhere you look for it

exeg3.png

MINDS=BLOWN

Best poster since that guy who finished all his posts with bro.

If your presentation isn't due too soon, you should try to get everyone in your class to draw an "average" rectangle. They'll probably average to a length of 1.618x and a height of 1.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!