Dyes!

Triquos

Thanks Alicam ^_^ I agree, it would be extremely awkward for rune to be coloured say red (to look like dragon for example) or purple etc. there would have to be some sort of graphic update to most (if not all) common + popular armour that people wear.

Another thing that I wouldn't want to see very often is psychodallic armour - as it would be an eye sore to say the least XD perhaps limitations as to what dyes can be placed on armour would be appropriate.

2vuhgcn.png

• 3 weeks later...

I support :thumbsup:

F2p need to be limited to what colours thy will be able to use to dye there stuff maybe make it so thy cant use the rare dyes and my not mix the dyes so only members can mix dyes.

also can u put all your example pics on your first post

• 1 month later...

I agree, but I also think it should have some limitations, like others posted.

For example, armors. I think only the highest end should be dye-able. (Rune metal, or black dragonhide) And I don't think they should be dye-able to look like lower-tier versions.

Also, maybe dyes could be a bit harder to obtain than you suggested? Not so impossible that only a few people have them, but rare enough that not everyone is running around with dyed clothes.

Xorapasa.png

468X60a.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I bet someone said it before me, but I'll say it anyway. OP, your idea feels a lot like Guild Wars' dye system. It's not a bad thing and I actually support this idea, but I have one main concern.

If we are allowed to trade the dyed items, it would create too many items that do the same thing in the Grand Exchange. However, if the dyed items would be reverted back to their original colors when sold via GE, it would prevent the GE to become more of a cluster*beep* than it is already.

XboxLive, PSN, Steam: fizz4m

If you add me, please say you are from tif :D

Honestly, I wouldn't be in favour of adding more dyes to apply to armour. Jagex chose the colours that they did for the armour so it would look a certain way, and by dying it, it changes that.

Also, I don't want to have to look at stupid colours people think look cool. I already see that enough with the loyalty points.

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

As long as they somewhat limit the colours. My eyes would hurt seeing everyone in rainbow colours in whatever different costumes. Make the colours atleast somewhat reasonable, not to hurt everyones eyes. And possibly limit how much you can change the colours of various pieces. I will quit playing the second someone walks in with pink dragon full or something.. :sad:

u5zhkTY.gif

As long as they somewhat limit the colours. My eyes would hurt seeing everyone in rainbow colours in whatever different costumes. Make the colours atleast somewhat reasonable, not to hurt everyones eyes. And possibly limit how much you can change the colours of various pieces. I will quit playing the second someone walks in with pink dragon full or something.. :sad:

Dragon_med_helm_%28e%29_equipped.png

Ya I know it's med. But the point still stands.

I like te idea.

Tough it sounds like a hell lot of work for jagex to make this all work wouldn't it? :D

And why can't you get any Xp? isn't this supposed to be a crafting skill?

I mean, u already get 2.5xp for dying any cape..

If this however comes out they could start it with a huge quest ;D

sig8.png

65 67 65 68 60 91 59 64

sig9.png

82 89 84 93 83 83 82 71

sigforilufyoubyhawkxs.jpg

CLICK ME.

If U click this I won't eat your brain! I Plomise

angel2w.gifThank you Hawkxs For the awesome siggy!