Bandos Chestplate or Dragonfire Sheild?

Goldenjkered

I was thinking of selling my Bandos Chestplate and buying and Dragonfire Sheild. If I do get the sheild, then I will be using a fighter torso instead. I'd use the sheild for all dragon tasks, and then a few other tasks, like Nechs etc. Also I would use it for defence when training magic and range at places like abby demons, to give you an idea of what it would be used for.

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

I'd say go for it. Bandos can be replaced in almost all cases but at your levels, a dragonfire shield can be very important in many places.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

If your going to sell your BCP, dont buy a dfs, its only useful if you do a lot of wyverns. Instead invest money into summoning, prayer and herblore.

Was thinking of doing this, but I think I'm going to get all the items I need/want for slayer etc then use any cash that comes in afterwards to spend on Herb/Prayer. I only need an extra 20 mil to have both a Dragonfire Sheild and a BCP, so almost there :)

Also, don't really like the look of a BCP, adding to the reason to sell it :D

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

Why not spend your money on herblore - and get extremes/super antifires?

Better then having dfs or bandos, imo.

Hi if you're reading this you are amazing and I love you.

Maybe they'll release a bugless update for April Fools. That'd sure be a joke

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]Congrats, you reached the end!

Now go outside![/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

Sell it and get 80 herblore +

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

Pretty much agree with most of what has been said above. There are more useful things than a BCP and DFS such as super anti-fires and extreme potions so you'd really be better off selling your BCP and levelling Herblore. The dragon defender is a superior item to have over a DFS since the only time where having a DFS is beneficial is for Skeletal Wyverns which if it's a Slayer task can either be skipped, blocked or done with a shield for the Elemental Workship quest series.

In my opinion anyway Herblore, Summoning and Prayer are more important for Slayer (and just killing stuff in general) than either of those two items. Hope this helps!

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

basically what everyone else has said, and if you need a defensive shield, get a BSS or dsq for 1/10th or 100th of the cost.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I had a DFS and sold it to help get 90 herb, and I don't regret it a bit (And like you I bought it for more personal reasons that just best exp). If you're going to sell BCP invest in getting super antifires.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Honestly it's up to you and your own personal preference.

However as everyone else has said - Extremes/Prayer should come before BCP/Tassets and DFS. Infact DFS shouldn't even factor in as the shield is now pretty much obsolete. If you want it just for aesthetics then do it, however it's still known that whip + defender will outstrip whip + DFS.

Then again if you want to sell BCP for something instead of injecting it into potions (I sold my claws for 90 herb and don't regret it one bit) then I'd say go and buy claws. Damage output on them is awesome and they're a nice bonus for slayer.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D